The Lifestream - Free Company (An FFXIV Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cait Sith

Ugh! As if!
AKA
noxy
Or you can move your character to our server :monster:

There's literally no need to change anything for below 50 characters though.

I couuuuuuuld, but I'm with Fat Chocobos (eoff) on Sargatanas and there's several people I regularly dungeons with nao.

I just got a char made.

Evangeline Amnell

Add me y'all

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Okay, Tres, you thank every damn post in this thread. WHAT IS YOUR CHARACTER NAME I WILL FIND YOU.

Lex

Administrator
He doesn't even have the game lol. But he should get it >_>

Ummmmm Cher, your character is not online according to my player search. Surely you didn't create a character then stop playing after one hour?

Also I just beat Ramuh Ex and got the weapon drop first time - I've been super lucky with those primals for some reason. Got my Levi Ex weapon on the first clear too, and my mog's ribbon accessory lol. On to Shiva!

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I think newly created characters don't show up on search for 12-24 hours. It was that way for a new guy that showed up in the FC.

Lex

Administrator
I haven't tried Shiva yet but I've been "studying" the fight so I know what to do when I get in there. I've watched various videos and done my reading so hopefully I won't be much of a burden on my first attempt. In almost every aspect Ramuh is a more complex fight, but it's slightly more predictable than Shiva who can switch between 3 forms which have 3 very distinctive attacks. But from what I've read there's more room for error so I'm not super worried about it.

Also got my Warrior to level 46, that class will be 50 shortly (and then immediately i105 because the gear has been sitting there for months).

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Just finished Titan Hard without dying on first attempt. Received 2 commendations. :headbang:

Lex

Administrator
I can't wait til you get to extreme

lololol someone else will feel the pain I felt and I do not envy them

Hey btw guys, you know we were talking about doing a story run of castrum and praetorium a long time ago? Yop is almost level 50 so we should think about planning that so we can do an all-cutscenes run of both with him.

So we need 2 tanks, 2 healers and 4 dps.

Tank 1 - Yop
Tank 2 - Knuxson, Me, Ami?
Healer 1 - Joe (Raya'somethingnewsomethingsomething)
Healer 2 - ??
DPS 1 - Me
DPS 2 - Marcus?
DPS 3 - Drax
DPS 4 - ??

I know we have people who can fill these spots but I don't think they're on the forum.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Okay, Tres, you thank every damn post in this thread. WHAT IS YOUR CHARACTER NAME I WILL FIND YOU.

Oh Joe, Tres does that everywhere in the forum. He's just a thanking whore. :monster:

Also I like have this game now and joined the free company.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana

Hey btw guys, you know we were talking about doing a story run of castrum and praetorium a long time ago? Yop is almost level 50 so we should think about planning that so we can do an all-cutscenes run of both with him.

Tank 1 - Yop
Healer 2 - ??
DPS 1 - Me
DPS 2 - Marcus?
DPS 3 - Drax
DPS 4 - ??

I know we have people who can fill these spots but I don't think they're on the forum.
Pre-formed parties don't have a restriction on party formation so I'm more than happy to solo heal the ordeal. :)

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I'd be happy to tank. Tell me when and I'll get my time card sorted out. :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Well, yesterday me, Lex, and two random strangers did a silly thing and ran the Stone Vigil with three tanks and a healer, :monster:. I sorta did DPS after we concluded that three tanks pulling aggro isn't working, and it was pretty bad, :monster:. Still, if you guys are all overpowered and shit for that wotsit, we could run with bonus tanks doing damage, or something silly like that :monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
The more DPS the better, honestly. I'm definitely confident solo healing which gives us a free slot for another dps.

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
So now that I have two weeks off, Is it bad that I want to make a start at getting everything done in this game before the release of heavensward?

Realistically my main goal is to get all my jobs to Lvl 50 and fully complete the main scenarios, all EX Primals and upgrade my DRG Gae Bolg to Nexus or try and get the Longinus before the release of the expansion.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
The only things you'll manage within two weeks on that list is the main scenario quests and maybe MAYBE (if you get good groups in the DF/PF) the extreme primals, but considering you haven't done Titan yet I wouldn't hold my breath.

Getting the nexus within the next two weeks is also nottu gonna happenu, because Alexandrite is one guaranteed daily and if you plugged away at it all day you could maybe - maybe - get around 8 with the new fate drop rate. I'm talking dungeon, hunt and fate grinding every minute though, doing nothing else. Upgrading to Nexus is another matter entirely because that requires getting 2000 light and the max you can get from a single encounter is about 32, and that's from the hardest stuff in the game.

As for getting the classes to 50 - it'll take at least a couple of days to get a class from 1-50, but that's a great one to work on.

In short, that's very unrealistic. What you just listed would take months of non stop playing, and it would take playing the game very economically (i.e. not idling while waiting for dungeons) etc. However you should definitely work toward all of those goals.

Take it from a person who is unemployed and recovering from surgery. I have been playing this game for on average about 8-10 hours per day since I re-subbed a couple of weeks ago, and I've been playing it a shit load. I've done all the main story content, I've yet to beat Shiva Ex, I'm still upgrading to the Novus, my WHM is level 32ish, my WAR is level 47, PLD is 22, ACN is 15, PUG is 15, and all the crafting classes are 15. Remember aswell that levels 40-50 take about as long as 20-40, and that's even with the new dungeon exp and fate grinding between it.

You do need to spend more time playing though, you're missed <3

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
I didn't mean in the next two weeks get EVERYTHING done but I am working through them. i'd like to get all of the things I've mentioned done though before the release of the expansion later this year.

I know I need to get on more, I should be on quite a bit over the next two weeks <3

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I didn't mean in the next two weeks get EVERYTHING done

[...]I want to [...] get pretty muich [sic] everything done in this game.

rephrase your shit, yo :monster:

@thread, I'm level 46 or something and the main storyline finally seems to be picking up. I had the longest bit of actual voice-acted storyline so far (a couple awkward minutes because the voice acting is awkward and not very good), woot :monster:. I'm just saying because there's such a fuckton of missed opportunities. I mean I know they had to basically rebuild the game from scratch a few years ago because they outsourced the original to China or some shit (eee chicken birds or something) so I'll forgive it, but besides that... they could've done more decent (voice acted) cutscenes or pre-rendered stuff or something. Because in the regular FF games, the cutscenes and story bits were your reward for progressing.

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
PHRASING GEEZ

I have done just that though :monster: also for what Lex said about running castrum and praetorium, I am all up for that. Just give me a when and where and I'll see what I can do.

Mine and Lex's DRGs will rock ya?

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer

Tank 1 - Yop
Healer 2 - ??
DPS 1 - Me
DPS 2 - Marcus?
DPS 3 - Drax
DPS 4 - ??

I am down for this. I can tank, obviously, since PLD is my main job. However, since it seems like we have a few tanks in the FC, I could also go as monk (my only other level 50 job). My ilvl average for my monk gear is only i90, whereas I am at 114 for PLD, but it isn't like we need great gear for this anyway. Definitely sounds fun, though. I never did these runs over and over back in the day like some were doing. I only went the one time when I got to 50. It will be fun to do them again.

Lex

Administrator
^I did them once too, but surely you get landed with them frequently in the main scenario roulette?

I'm liking that lots of people are up for this. All we really need to do is set a date and time, because if Yop continues at the current rate he'll probably be level 50 by Monday or Tuesday. Thoughts on a time?

I'll be going DRG, it seems like we have enough of everything else. We need a second healer though, unless someone volunteered and I haven't seen it. My healer is around level 34 and there's no way I'm getting to 50 in the right amount of time.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
And I'm atma farming. This isn't as bad as I thought it would be...

Last edited:

Cait Sith

Ugh! As if!
AKA
noxy
Starting from scratch with a new char is proving to be quite tedious, even though I'm a different class than DRG.

XD

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Monday or tuesday should be doable, :monster:. Probably tuesday though, I might be able to do the level 49 main quest tonight, then I'll probably need to do stuff to not suck as badly. And get to 50, off course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom