The Lifestream - Free Company (An FFXIV Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Somebody remind me to drop all those screenshots I took earlier in here tomorrow.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Friendly Reminder to upload those screenshots today (◕‿◕✿)

I have a few too but they're shit :monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Free weekends just make me want to get another subscription :(
Get a month each then cancel it. Saves you the fear of a recurring subscription and gives you a full month of enjoyment.

Seriously would love to have you guys back on-board a while longer.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Or get a time card like I do. I was going to get one today, but then I bought Life Is Strange this morning. Soo... I'm going to leave it a couple more days. I'd rather not get it now when I'm 90% sure I'll be wasting the days.

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
Was so happy to get my 120 drop in my first WoD run this afternoon. I really expected to be stuck grinding it out for 3 or 4 raids.

Everything resets tomorrow too so I'm going to finally have enough poetics go get my legs.

I still have my animus books to do but should have it by the end if this week :D

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Fail, I didn't get my ilvl up to 90 so I couldn't do WoD tonight, ergo missing a double weekly thing, :monster:.

Guess I'll get to ilvl 120 in four months instead of three months, three weeks :wacky:

AvecAloes

Donator
So, uh......I think that Force and I are going to get a one month subscription.......

We're probably going to be switching our alt characters (Brynn Sunseer and Ysabel Sanguine) to a North American server because it's usually just too dead on Cerberus when we're able to play in the evenings after work, but our main characters are staying right where they are with all of you loverlies <3 We can play those characters with you guys on the weekends!

Curse this free weekend - it did its job well.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
HEAD OVER TO ULTROS FGJ

also I finally finished the game last night!

man I made people so fucking mad watching the cutscenes omg

now I'm off to find my relic weapon because fuck this I want a non-44 weapon

AvecAloes

Donator
If I had a third character, sure :monster: ......but I don't. :/

But that's great! I'm sorry people gave you grief over watching the cutscenes - I understand that they want to get their duties done so they can move on and get their crazy good gear, but good grief, people, have a heart - don't they remember when THEY went through the game for the first time? Maybe they didn't care about the story then, either, though. Either way, lame. I know that I got left behind and locked out of a couple of boss fights because people have been unwilling to wait for me when my computer was having loading issues. It sucks, man.

Good luck getting your relic weapon! Soooo many fetch quests/dungeons/boss fights, but it's not too bad. I just got mine over the weekend, and oh man oh man oh man, does it do SO much more damage than the old weapons.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
^This

I was losin my damn mind when everyone got on Magitek Armors and started blasting everything to shit. I actually enjoyed the story (and thus, the cutscenes) quite a bit and I really feel bad for the people who are doing that mission for the first time. Even the ones that don't even bother trying to watch the scenes, I feel bad that they don't get to experience it like I did.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I have joined the darkside and got both a PS4 and a sub to A Realm Reborn: FFXIV. I'm on Goblin Server and go by my net handle: Jason Tandro. I'm not 100% sure how to join a Guild as of yet. Only Level 15. Also if it matters I'm a Lancer and currently in Gridania.

w99mpw.jpg

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I think you can join a Free Company at level 25 or so. But, you probably won't be able to join the TLS one, we're on the European Cerberus server. Which should be sorta playable from the US, just slow.

Also, I just had a google around, and it turns out leveling my artefact weapon up beyond 100 or 110 or whatever it is now (Atma) is a huge grind :/. Need to do nine books, each books involves killing like eight groups of ten people, killing three to five or so bosses in fates, and running three random dungeons. I... really can't be arsed TBF. At this point I'm thinking I'll finish the main story and just faff about doing whatever I feel like, because I can't be bothered with grinding - it's no fun, and the rewards are relatively small.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I think you can join a Free Company at level 25 or so. But, you probably won't be able to join the TLS one, we're on the European Cerberus server. Which should be sorta playable from the US, just slow.

Also, I just had a google around, and it turns out leveling my artefact weapon up beyond 100 or 110 or whatever it is now (Atma) is a huge grind :/. Need to do nine books, each books involves killing like eight groups of ten people, killing three to five or so bosses in fates, and running three random dungeons. I... really can't be arsed TBF. At this point I'm thinking I'll finish the main story and just faff about doing whatever I feel like, because I can't be bothered with grinding - it's no fun, and the rewards are relatively small.

Alas, I am without company. Though I did get an invitation to and join another one who wanted me to attend a wedding this Sunday night. What the hell, I'm open to new experiences. Might be fun to see an MMO wedding.

What about Linkshell chats? Are those server-based too?

Lex

Administrator
Linkshells and FC's are restricted to Server yes. Also that server you're on is under a completely different world (server cluster) so there's not even a chance of bumping into us in the Duty Finder.

For the record all of the American and European servers are located in the same place: Canada. So which server you join is completely irrelevant with respect to lag. Hop on over to Cerbs :monster:

Lex

Administrator
Really the only difference between the NA/EU world servers is people going "the game is telling me that these block of servers are better for me to use" so yeah EU servers will cover more languages and that's about it, although I'm sure the NA servers are also filled with South American folks with the same mindset.

I have considered switching to a North American server previously based on increasing the number of players that are online at certain times but I realise now that because the spread of people on Cerberus is so large it makes no difference. Australians all tend to go for EU servers too so it really doesn't make a difference where you are. If everyone decides to stop playing one day and I end up the only person online and the FC ends up disbanded or something, I might brave a new server with my current character for the novelty but I don't ever see that happening because I know a shit load of people on Cerbs now that I've skyped with and stuff 0_0.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Cerberus it is then. I have a commitment in Goblin on Sunday but then I might service transfer out. Or hell I can just make a new character.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Cerberus doesn't show up... I have the PS4 version if that matters.

Looks like I initially chose the World Aether... and I can only select servers from that batch even for new characters... not sure if / how to change that.

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
So, uh......I think that Force and I are going to get a one month subscription.......

We're probably going to be switching our alt characters (Brynn Sunseer and Ysabel Sanguine) to a North American server because it's usually just too dead on Cerberus when we're able to play in the evenings after work, but our main characters are staying right where they are with all of you loverlies <3 We can play those characters with you guys on the weekends!

Curse this free weekend - it did its job well.

Yay! I am in North America too (central time zone), and notice Cerb gets dead later into the evening for me (early morning for EU). However, I still manage to get through DF queues and what not at those hours. But yeah, weekends in the afternoon are really good times to play, and that is when I typically have more free time anyway. Just don't forget to come play with us sometimes!

Cerberus doesn't show up... I have the PS4 version if that matters.

Looks like I initially chose the World Aether... and I can only select servers from that batch even for new characters... not sure if / how to change that.

There should be a way to switch the world. I am not at home so I can't look at it myself right now, but there should be a way to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom