The Love Triangle Debate thread of KNEEL BEFORE ZOD OR SUFFER HIS WRATH (ignore the opening posts at your peril) (Round 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Cloud developed feelings for Tifa WAY before he was 16. He already had feelings for her by the time he was 9. Tifa may have developed feelings for Cloud at 15, but we don't know. The age range for when she developed feelings for Cloud is 13 - 15.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
"I'm not gonna be a goddamn princess! Cloud, you do it. You already been in a dress!"
"How did...."
"Girls told me everything. Aerith even got pictures. Very resourceful girl. Tifa asked her for a copy too, nearly died for blushing."
"Why would Tifa...?"
"Boy, you are dumber than a sack of hammers sometimes, aintcha? Anyways, you're the princess, and that's final"

Ryu, you never cease to make me laugh. Though I can't get the hilarious image of Barret in a pink dress out of my head.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
I know this is old, but speaking of story summaries, when is the HA HW version mentioned (with a screencap) without the mention of the LA version?

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I know this is old, but speaking of story summaries, when is the HA HW version mentioned (with a screencap) without the mention of the LA version?

I can't give screencaps, but many official sources have mentioned the HA version while neglecting to mention the LA version. Ryu could probably give you a full list.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

U10 Timeline, U20 Important Scenes Pages- the entire SCENE is quoted there- and a few other places, though I don't recall which other ones have screenshots...
U20 FOITL page, technically, but I'm guessing this is to resolve disputes about such.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I find it hilarious how a lot of cleriths think the only reason there's so many Cloud/Tifa shippers is because Tifa has big boobs. If this were true, there'd be a lot more Tidus/Lulu shippers.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Are you denying that TidusxLulu is canon?

U10 Timeline, U20 Important Scenes Pages- the entire SCENE is quoted there- and a few other places, though I don't recall which other ones have screenshots...
U20 FOITL page, technically, but I'm guessing this is to resolve disputes about such.

There's also the Memorial Album script of the game, and the Crisis Core Complete Guide entry "Cloud & Tifa" references the High affection version alone with a screenshot of the "Words aren't the only way" line.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU

There's also the Memorial Album script of the game, and the Crisis Core Complete Guide entry "Cloud & Tifa" references the High affection version alone with a screenshot of the "Words aren't the only way" line.
Hey Squall of SeeD, I noticed you changed your username color from blue to green.
I'm pretty sure the fact that Tidus and Yuna fucking kiss and Wakka and Lulu fucking marry and have a kid any hope Tidus/Lulu had of being canon.
Anyway, speaking of this Memorial Album script of the game, do you know where I could find a translation of it?
P.S. I loved your FFVII Plot Analysis. It really helped me understand some of the more vague parts of the plot.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Hey Squall of SeeD, I noticed you changed your username color from blue to green.

I'm no longer a moderator. I asked to be depowered.

I'm pretty sure the fact that Tidus and Yuna fucking kiss and Wakka and Lulu fucking marry and have a kid any hope Tidus/Lulu had of being canon.

I was being facetious. :monster:

Anyway, speaking of this Memorial Album script of the game, do you know where I could find a translation of it?

There's really nothing that special to tell. It's just the main dialogue of the whole game along with screenshots. Basically, what you've already seen. Most story points with variable elements are glossed over, but three of the dates are included (Barret is the odd man out) and the High Affection Highwind scene is as well.

P.S. I loved your FFVII Plot Analysis. It really helped me understand some of the more vague parts of the plot.

Well, thank you. Glad it helped.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I find it hilarious how a lot of cleriths think the only reason there's so many Cloud/Tifa shippers is because Tifa has big boobs. If this were true, there'd be a lot more Tidus/Lulu shippers.

It's funny because FFX actually gives the player the option to consciously choose to have Tidus tell Lulu that he likes her more than Yuna, and yet doing so doesn't change the fact that he and Yuna are canon.

What does this say about SE and how they treat relationships in-game?

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU

Ah, that's why.

I know you were, I just like to take people who are joking literally sometimes, just for the fun of it.

There's really nothing that special to tell. It's just the main dialogue of the whole game along with screenshots. Basically, what you've already seen. Most story points with variable elements are glossed over, but three of the dates are included (Barret is the odd man out) and the High Affection Highwind scene is as well.

I'm curious though as to what party members are used at what points, what dialogue choices are chosen, etc.

Your welcome. Or is it you're welcome? One denotes that the other has the welcome, while the other denotes that the other is welcome, but I don't think I've ever bothered to learn which one is the correct response to "thank you"

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'm curious though as to what party members are used at what points, what dialogue choices are chosen, etc.

I believe most moments where the player can choose the dialogue are omitted. However, if you would like me to check for specific dialogue options or party formations, I would be glad to.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU

you're

Yay grammar. :)
Thanks. I knew the difference between your and you're, but was unsure which was used in the context of "you're welcome" since I was unaware what it was even supposed to mean, I've just always known it's what you say when you are thanked by someone.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
It's funny because FFX actually gives the player the option to consciously choose to have Tidus tell Lulu that he likes her more than Yuna, and yet doing so doesn't change the fact that he and Yuna are canon.

What does this say about SE and how they treat relationships in-game?

You can also have Tidus say this to Rikku.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
You know, I've heard that you can make Tidus say it to Rikku but I don't remember ever being given the option.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
You know, I've heard that you can make Tidus say it to Rikku but I don't remember ever being given the option.

If you want to be given the option you have to make Rikku's Affection Points higher than Lulu's. It should happen at the same point in the game you're given the option to say it to Lulu.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Matt is correct. In order to make it happen, you would have to avoid increasing Lulu's affection points -- and possibly Yuna's, if I remember right -- as much as possible, which primarily means not speaking with her first whenever you enter a room. Otherwise, you won't have the opportunity to tell Rikku that you dig her during that moment in Guadosalam.

I've played through FFX more than any other FF and tried literally everything that can be done. At least outside of the International version.

I think most of us miss this chance with Rikku because Lulu seems like the natural person to tell Tidus about new stuff in Spira whenever we get somewhere. We just sort of gravitate toward her because of her boobs.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Matt is correct. In order to make it happen, you would have to avoid increasing Lulu's affection points -- and possibly Yuna's, if I remember right -- as much as possible, which primarily means not speaking with her first whenever you enter a room. Otherwise, you won't have the opportunity to tell Rikku that you dig her during that moment in Guadosalam.

I've played through FFX more than any other FF and tried literally everything that can be done. At least outside of the International version.

I think most of us miss this chance with Rikku because Lulu seems like the natural person to tell Tidus about new stuff in Spira whenever we get somewhere. We just sort of gravitate toward her because of her boobs.
I usually gravitate towards Rikku because I find her to be more attractive than Lulu. I've never really found Lulu to be that attractive, because I'm not really into the "dark chick" look that she has. Though I usually talk to Auron first because he's badass like that.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Oh, I prefer Rikku too, but I always found myself going to Lulu the first time I played. I assumed that we were supposed to talk to her for some reason.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

In a quite literal fashion. Toss a penny past them it'll change course and land there.

Lex

Administrator
It's always ended up being Lulu for me too. Maybe it's some sort of bad puppy syndrome, because she's quite cold the player just forces Tidus to talk to her as soon as they can to try and melt her icy heart. Also, IMO, she's the most interesting character. And I liked her VA :monster:

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I think the reason it's usually Lulu is because you have her for quite a while before getting Rikku back, and since even things in battle affect affection mechanics, if you want it tot be Rikku you probably want to use Lulu as little as possible before Rikku permanently joins you.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
That probably is a relevant factor in some players' games, though the actions you take on field maps have bigger results unless you're using Tidus for healing a lot in battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom