The Love Triangle Debate thread of KNEEL BEFORE ZOD OR SUFFER HIS WRATH (ignore the opening posts at your peril) (Round 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
^Enough proofz gaiz everybody can go home now, the Cloti date is canon

tumblr_inline_ml05k2vFOk1qz4rgp_zps7459369b.gif

Nah seriously, I personally like that that part of the game is left ambiguous. There's just something about the uncertainty of what happened during that "magical night" that I like to ponder upon. I do understand you guys though about wanting the Aerith date to be official.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Personally I always liked Ryu's PoV that all the dates happened in rapid fire succession :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
does that mean that the 'you're the 100th couple' person is a liar, or just really bad at counting? :monster:

or just helping cloud be a player?

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
does that mean that the 'you're the 100th couple' person is a liar, or just really bad at counting? :monster:

or just helping cloud be a player?

He was turning the other way for Cloud's sake because he first saw Cloud with Barret and decided maybe Cloud was trying to redeem himself by bringing prettier and older women. :awesome:

I like to think it happened like this:

Barret's date -> Yuffie's date -> Tifa's date -> Aerith's date

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I actually like to think it happened like this: Barret->Aerith->Yuffie->Tifa. I think the play only happened with one of the girls, moar specifically Aerith. But I think the Barret date happened first, which is why Cloud doesn't mind going for a walk with Barret. The reason the girls have to force him on a date with them is because after the date with Barret he is tired and wants sleep. I like to think the Aerith date happens second because if it happened too long after the Barret date than another couple would probably be the 100th couple and get to act in the play, but if it happens soon after it's relatively conceivable that another couple hasn't gotten there first. I like to think the Tifa date happens last because one of the Ultimanias shows Cloud being with Tifa while Cait Sith gives Tseng the keystone, and I figure that would happen after the last date. And that leaves the Yuffie date to be third. And it's entirely possible for all four Gondola rides to be canon, even though going on all four in the same playthrough is impossible(unless you hax, of course). It wouldn't be the first time something impossible to do in-game has been made canon. For example, Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem makes it canon for Marth to have recruited all possible recruits(except Samson and Nagi) and have them all survive during the events of its predecessor, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, despite this being impossible in Shadow Dragon itself due to some characters only being available in Gaiden chapters, which are unlocked by having a certain number of people or less alive at the time the chapter is able to be unlocked.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Yeah the funny thing about the Date Mechanics thing, besides the choices often being out of whack and not making sense (At Don Corneos mansion: "we gotta help Aerith" + affection Tifa, "We gotta help Tifa" - affection Aerith And to think people slate Tifa for having "childish princess desires" :monster: ) and the fact that Tifa and Aerith are somehow psychic about what has been said to other characters.

Besides all that, there was no way of knowing such mechanics existed in the first place. Nothing is mentioned in the manual. I don't know how people found out about it in the first place. So really the player doesn't get much a choice in the matter at all.

Selphie Tilmitt

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maidenofwar
I like to think that was a mistake or a bug in the mechanics guide or something since I think Aerith does say "Let's hurry!" to helping Tifa :)

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I like to think that was a mistake or a bug in the mechanics guide or something since I think Aerith does say "Let's hurry!" to helping Tifa :)

Nope. How the points work in game.

If you tell Aerith you gotta help Tifa, Aerith gets a minus.
If you tell Tifa you gotta help Aerith, Tifa gets a bonus.

They did not program the dating mechanics well at all.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Yeah, like how does Barret know if Cloud told Don Corneo Barret was his boyfriend? Does Cloud tell Barret about it later off screen or something? And why does that make Barret like Cloud more? Oh date mechanics, you so silly...:monster:

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
"Barret Approves +5"

Any FF7 remake would absolutely have to rip off the DA: Origins system. Including the gifts. And the campfire. And the other party members talking about how loud the sex is.

Dante

Dante's Lady
AKA
Angelwing Aeris, AA
Nope. How the points work in game.

If you tell Aerith you gotta help Tifa, Aerith gets a minus.
If you tell Tifa you gotta help Aerith, Tifa gets a bonus.

They did not program the dating mechanics well at all.

Or you could argue its skewed toward Aerith because helping Tifa takes points away while helping Aerith causes Tifa to get more points.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Or you could argue its skewed toward Aerith because helping Tifa takes points away while helping Aerith causes Tifa to get more points.

Well, there's a lot of things you could argue based on the points -that Tifa is a self sacrificing person who cares more about her new friend than herself- but given there are three infinite value loops possible and a major mechanic of the minigame was implemented non functionally, 'They dun fucked up' is the go to explanation here.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Guys, I have the *real* answer to how to translate the "I think I can meet her there" line. According to Google translate, the correct translation is:
"I think the answer from. Stars feel like was found to be, where the promised land ......, it would meet"
:monster:

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
OMG thetrueoskar! I remember that guy back from when we'd get bored and raid Gamespot. (Found Ryu there too come to think of it.)

Lex

Administrator
There's no point. GameFAQ's polls are very exploitable and a huge joke anyway, they're the only place in all of the internets where more than 30% of fans were satisfied with the Mass Effect 3 ending.

Farron

If the sky comes falling down
AKA
Hallelujah
I don't see anything wrong in letting Cleriths have their say. But I voted for Tifa.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
GUYS THIS GUY ON A FORUM SAID CLOUD LOVED AERITH HURRY AND GO THERE AND TELL HIM HE'S WRONG!!!

or something

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
I don't think Aerith would definitely end up with Cloud if she survived, my answer is probably. Aerith might have scored more with Cloud at the start but I don't think Tifa will give up easily, she'll catch up with Aerith eventually. She may be shy but she's also determined.

I think the reason Tifa finds it hard to connect more to Cloud in Disc 1 is the fact that she knows something was wrong with him while Aerith detected this much later does not have a clue on its extent.

So probably Aerith would have ended but never definitely.

As for Zack's case, I think if he was able to return before Aerith sent out her last letter, it's a definite happy ever after. However, if he returned at that point in Crisis Core, though Aerith will be happy to see him again, I don't think it's 100% that Aerith will want to be his girlfriend again, or at least it may take time for them to make up for the lost time. Eitherway, if Zack lives, I don't think Aerith will fall in love with Cloud. Just my cents in the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom