Thor

Elisa Maza

Whomst
I'd say for people who are not quite familiar with the comic books *raises shyly hand*, these movies are good for introducing the characters.

This movie is one I'll definitely go see (since my bf digs it as well) and then I'll go for the comics.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Seen it today and it was alright.

Also, I was the only one in the cinema to stay around for the post-credits scene. :P
Feels awkward to be the only person left sitting when the employees are waiting for you to gtfo so they can start cleaning.

But hey, I paid 11,50 so I'm gonna watch every bloody minute of it. >=P

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
I never leave before the credits end. The staff can take it up with Hollywood if they don't like it, tis their fault for doing the after-credits teaser.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I didn't like the 3D in it. In some scenes it was really troublesome :x And most of it looked like post 3D production anyway....

I enjoyed it. I know nothing of Thor except the true myth, so it was entertaining to see how they'd change this. I think it might be more enjoyable to someone who doesn't know jack about it than for a fan of the comics though.

Beside the actor is eye candy. Not going to complain there. XD Side characters weren't that developped, but I suppose it's natural, since they had to make everything fit.

Looking forwards Captain America and Avengers now =)

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I'd say for people who are not quite familiar with the comic books *raises shyly hand*, these movies are good for introducing the characters.

That might be true if the characters from the comics were actually present in this film.

As it stands it's pretty much nothing like the heavily mythological comics.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Saw it, and enjoyed it. The aftercredit did well to start tying things together.

I'm probably going to see it again, because my goddamned theater was out of focus & the sound died twice. Got a free ticket for the shit experience at least.

X :neo:

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
Holy crap I loved it too! I, myself, have also not delved into the comics before, but I like the movies and they have inspired me to go deeper into some I found interesting, like Hal Jordan/Green Lantern.

*Braces self for rocks to be thrown at her* ._.

Anyway, This movie was freakin awesome. I like how they didn't go overboard with the effects and it was well-paced, none of it having been shoved together or rushed and not moving too slow. Was a real treat and yes, the actor for Thor was quite the eye-candy xP.

~ Raz

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I must say that I did like this a lot better than I thought I would. It was still uber cheese at points but then again the movie never seems like it is taking itself too seriously. :P

Also, Chris Hemsworth. :kermit2: He manages to be both manly and pretty at the exact same time.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
How can anyone say this film is well paced? the entire earth bit was heavily rushed and poorly plotted.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I treated ma to mother's day with this film yesterday and also an excuse to catch the first 6 minutes I missed last time :B

I think it was alright in all honesty, it saves enough for his return in sequels and Avengerz.

Ghost X

It doesn't suck, but its not the best movie every. Hardly. I'm surprised its getting all these good ratings. Not just by you guys, but in general =p. I think it would be lucky to get 3 stars out of 5 if I were to rate it in such a way.

Elisa Maza

Whomst
I wrote a review about it in my journal, if anyone can waste some seconds to read it.

As for its popularity, I think the high-and-mighty critics were blinded by the Shakespearean elements the director inserted. Because you know, it doesn't matter what ELSE this movie offers, as long as it contains the Classics. Phe.

Now, I liked it. I'd put it in the same level, or a liiiittle higher than Iron Man 2. I agree that the Earth side was rushed and soulless, especially in front of the drama that happened in Asgard. Loki had the best characterization in the whole bunch, I believe. Which is damaging the initial goal of the movie, which was Thor becoming a wiser, humbler person. The movie focused elsewhere.

I didn't feel the journey, even though Hemsworth did a good job portraying the boy-man being already wiser. Personally, I liked the character a lot because of him.

Portman, I think could do so much better. I don't get why she had to play the character as borderline airhead. =/

Generally, it's not a waste of money to go to see in the cinema, but it's definitely overrated.

Still, nice set-up for the Avengers movie.

Last edited:

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
So, it turns out Mads Mikkelsen won't be in Thor 2:
“That’s not happening, unfortunately,” says the Dane. I went in for a meeting, it was a little bit too late, and then Hannibal came up. And it films during the same period, so…”

That's the US TV drama, which will chart the devious doctor’s earlier days working with Special Agent Will Graham (Hugh Dancy) while hiding the slightly inconvenient fact that he’s even more dangerous than most of the people they’re hunting. Mikkelsen is set to play the psychiatrist with a taste for fava beans, a nice chianti and human liver.

The series is filming now, with Mikkelsen the second victim of its cannibalistic schedule, after David Slade, who dropped out of the Daredevil reboot to focus on his directorial duties on the show.

Source

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
The official logo:

detail.jpg

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
The name change is odd. The German words for "world" and "kingdom" aren't remotely similar.

Could this maybe be a case of a pre-existing copyright necessitating a name change?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
The name change is odd. The German words for "world" and "kingdom" aren't remotely similar.

Neither are the English ones which are being used here. :awesome:

I don't think I know of anything else that is titled The Dark World and has some Germany exclusive copyright or whatever.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I disagree. I quite liked the first film, the trailer looks like its taking Thor to the next level.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I enjoyed the first one but thought it wasn't..."grand" enough, I guess. Considering it's about a thunder god and everything.
This one seems to be more like what I would expect from a Thor movie.
Also, Loki joined an 80s metal band. Cool.

Last edited:
Top Bottom