What games are you currently playing?

anothercid

Human, being
I've started playing one episode of The Walking Dead every Saturday. I've done two now and in my mind it's become the story of Lee, a guy who REALLY FUCKING HATES KENNY.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
^ That entirely depends on your interactions tbh. In every version I've played (PS3, PS Vita, PS4), Lee's become besties with Kenny. I can't emphasise how much your interactions and decisions are crucial to the relationships of Telltale games.

anothercid

Human, being
^ Yeah, I'm picking up on that as I go. It's hard to tell just how much my inputs effect events overall, but also...it would feel wrong to play again and mess around with it, somehow. For what it's worth, Lee has softened towards Kenny somewhat over the third episode (well, he had to). I still can't stand the guy.

tangerine

B ● A ● N ● A ● N ● A
AKA
Val
I just started playing Mass Effect on my PS3. I've never played the series before. I hear good things. It's fun and interesting so far, even though I've only played for an hour and a half, with another hour invested in the character creator. :monster:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Child of Light - it was cheap on PSN. It's and rpg, but it's pretty easy :monster: It reminds me a bit of Lost Winds in that it's side scrolling. Plus the artwork is beautiful - like a living watercolour painting. Can't say I give much of a crap about the plot, but just getting to explore the environments is enough.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Joe made me play Black Desert Online, I'm er... not convinced yet, but then, I haven't seen him around since either, so idk :monster:

FallenAngel

Rookie Adventurer
I'm sure I'd own Firewatch by now if it had a third-person mode. I just can't play first-person only games.

I'm usually fine with 1st person games, but stuff like Skyrim, where you frequently change from 1st(archery, talking, picking stuff up) to 3rd(melee combat, actually seeing what's going on around you) can make me a bit queasy.

Probably why I'm still not done with that game.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
You don't actually have to fight in first person if you don't want to. It may take some getting used to if you prefer the visibility of third person but it should fix the queasiness issue.

FallenAngel

Rookie Adventurer
Yeah I usually do try to just stick to 3rd, but for picking up stuff or archery, your character really tends to get in the way and block your vision of what you want to grab/shoot.

Also, I find that 3rd person movement in Skyrim is...floatier(is that a word? inputs seem to have a higher "felt" delay) than the 1st person movement, making minor positioning adjustments harder to do.
Which doesn't matter for melee since you're moving all over the place all the time anyway, but for archery it kinda sucks.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
Then do first person instead. I got the perspectives backwards in my earlier post and meant to suggest using mainly first person to begin with. You can move around rapidly enough that not seeing what's behind you isn't really an issue.

RedFFWolf

Donator
Another Zelda game I'm playing for the first time: The Wind Waker (HD).
Feels so summery - every area gorgeous! The interaction with people and the environment is great. I'm having a lot of fun so far :)

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
Well I've been was in the process of getting through FFIV but then I picked up The Division. Currently level 18 and built up around 60% of my base of operations. Really enjoying it so far.

Love how it is set up like an MMO similar to Destiny but better IMO.

I do however want to get back on track with IV and then After years, so I plan to finish all 3 over my spring break starting after school today.

Kudo

時間GOD
AKA
Moona, Yuuxi/Yuuki
Recently finished Bloodborne, technically my first "Souls" game. Was less challenging than I expected, but I heard it's definitely a step-down in difficulty compared to Dark Souls.

I'm considering starting Dark Souls pretty soon, DkS3 looked really good from what I saw and I don't wanna miss out lol

Kudo

時間GOD
AKA
Moona, Yuuxi/Yuuki
Bloodborne, also went back to some oldies, but goodies (KH: ReCOM, FFVIII, End of Eternity)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Bought Factorio yesterday.

Where's my day gone? :monster: if you like games like sim city (or whatever) and railroad tycoon, you'll dig this one. I do find it a bit odd how they made it a 3rd person (isometric?) game instead of a 'pure' strategy game where you're a cursor floating in the sky. It's not in the way much, but still, I'm not seeing it as that type of game.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Alien Isolation, I've been playing in small doses so far but reckon I'll try and plough through it in the next week. The first hour seems to benaiming for slow-building tension, mystery and suspense, but it's mostly just walking from dimly lit area to dimly lit area turning on power switches. Tension totally skyrockets once the Alien comes in to play though.

I'm afraid to move. All the time. :monster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I am still playing FFV. Still. :closedmonster: I stopped it for a few weeks due to IRL stuff but have just recently started playing. I will finish this game I swear to you all I will do it!

Avalanche87

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Bakito/Marak/DJMarak
As a few of you know, I've just polished off FFIX two or so weeks ago (freaking amazing!!).

I did start playing the Grim Fandango remake a few weeks back and had a few good sessions, very quirky game, enjoying it big time :D

Plus a mate of mine bought Dishonored for me as I really enjoyed the Thief remake. So I think I should finish Grim Fandango, smash out Dishonored and then start of FFVI I think... I still need to play FFV but want to know the story of VI 1st.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Aight so I got a PS 4 finally, yey :monster:. I've been playing two games this weekend (all weekend, plus bonus day because holiday):

The Division - I don't like Ubisoft games because they tend to do the thing where you're tossed into an open-world game and there's no linearity to it, just a billion repetitive quests. The Division is just that, buuut... somehow I've spent most of my time on this one so far. It's enjoyable. I'm also very impressed with the amount of level / area design put into the game, the sheer amount of crap and rubbish the game's modelers chucked everywhere. That must've been an enormous amount of repetitive, boring work, but as a result it really does set the mood. And it kinda needs it, too, because "regular human post-pandemic city-scape" isn't the most exciting or inspiring backdrop for a game like this. I'm also still waiting for a story to emerge, so far there's been like one cutscene and two bits of story about some virus or something, and I'm >10 hours into the game already :monster:

The other one is, off course, Uncharted 4. I'm playing this one off and on, on the one side because I don't want to rush through it (I paid full price for it ffs), and on the other because IDK, it kinda wears on me after one or two missions? That might just be that other thing though, i.e. not wanting to go through it too quickly. Once I'm done I should focus on the multiplayer, even though it's the same as UC 3's and that one didn't particularly invite me to play it moar either (mostly because I can't aim or control my character, oloo)

Top Bottom