What games are you currently playing?

Shakarian

dem titans
AKA
Palumpolum, Jack the Ripper, Colonel AI, laurash65, Re-L Mayer
Replaying AC2 & Brotherhood & Revelations this week in preparation for AC3 next month . :monster:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Picked up 13-2 on the Cheap. So far, it's in all ways an improvement mechanically and exploration wise compared to 1. Of course, by that I so far mean it has BACKTRACKING, as I only just got out of the first area.

The new crystarium is also a lot more streaminlined and a LOT less irritating. Instead of making it halfway to the next zone and running out of CP, you just get told if you can or not.

I should look into if level up order matters much.

Lex

Administrator
^In terms of stats, it only varies slightly in the end but there is a "perfect" way to do it.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Tried out FF13. Not too bad. Not great. But not really really impressive either. I'll keep on trying it and seeing how it goes.

Ghost X

Kingdom Rush

Just the free version. Tower defence sort of game, which I'm huge fan of. Played it when it was first released, but decided to play it again just recently. Takes quite some time to play, and I doubt I'll ever completely finish it because it seems fucking impossible (despite even using youtube video strategies :P). I'd give it a 4.5/5 stars.

Takeover

This on the other hand is pretty easy. A nice time waster game. 3/5 stars.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Playing Assassin's Creed. Because being late to the party is how I role.

Also started Odin Sphere. It's a lot of fun so far. :)

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend

Because when I first got it, I played it for about a week until giving up, cos the stories in the original CS were still fresh in my mind, and I had to complete those before getting to the new stuff.

Also, this game has the hilarious alphabetism, "BBCSEX". :lol:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Continuing my Mass Effect 2 Vanguard run. I love being a Vanguard, but I fear it isn't suited for Insanity difficulty. Time will tell :desu:

ME2 Vanguard is so much more fun than ME3 vanguard imo

Lex

Administrator
Just started a game of Fallout 3.

I could never really be bothered with that game. I picked it up for super cheaps and I've tried so hard to get into it, but I just can't. I despise it when there's only a random chance of someone you need to talk to appearing in a place in games. It might be more realistic, but jumping in and out of places to get someone/something to appear just isn't good design IMO.

ME2 Vanguard is so much more fun than ME3 vanguard imo

I haven't played ME3 with a Vanguard (only multiplayer) so I'm looking forward to taking this character through to 3. I just wish the game would let you change class on NG+. Having to start all over again on insanity is hard :sadpanda:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I could never really be bothered with that game. I picked it up for super cheaps and I've tried so hard to get into it, but I just can't. I despise it when there's only a random chance of someone you need to talk to appearing in a place in games. It might be more realistic, but jumping in and out of places to get someone/something to appear just isn't good design IMO.

It's not random. NPCs are all on schedules.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I haven't played ME3 with a Vanguard (only multiplayer) so I'm looking forward to taking this character through to 3. I just wish the game would let you change class on NG+. Having to start all over again on insanity is hard :sadpanda:
ME2 Vanguard is tactical and calculated, especially on Insanity difficulty. Every Charge and Shockwave you make has to be carefully placed, and they're more like setups to find the perfect flanking position and drastically change the outcome of a firefight.

They're not the primary attack of the class which you can spam a million miles a minute. If you pick your choice of enemy poorly, you get a one-way ticket to CRITICAL MISSION FAILURE

Compared to ME2, ME3 Vanguard is fuckin' baby gameplay, imo they turned one of the hardest but most rewarding characters into one of the easiest shrug-fests. I've gotten bored of my own Vanguard shep tbh, and I've already switched to my third char (Renegade femshep Soldier + Garrus ship).

I'm actually having more fun shooting things than I am constantly pressing number keys 1 and 2 ad nauseum. Charge-Nova vanguard bores me that much.

Lex

Administrator
Playing more ME2, just rounding off the rest of the trophies. I'm also sorely tempted to buy Dissidia 012 for the Vita, but I'm dead against paying £15.99 for a digital title that has no trophies and I'm only going to dip in and out of.

I got all the Crash Bandicoot games for free and played through 2 first (it's my favourite). Managed to 100% it in short nightly sessions over the past week or so when I've been in bed. About to try that with the first one but I find that much more challenging/ irritating.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Infiltrators are still the best IMO.

I went back to ME1 to have a femshep playthrough. I still load the gameplay and Mako but Jennifer Hale makes it all worth it.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
The Mako was awesome you take that back

I'm actually playing through ME3 atm, using my last femshep that I mentioned earlier. I'm getting a fondness for Proximity Mine (+30% damage from all sources + explodes through cover + infinite ammo, anyone) and an ammunition-stacked Phaeston, both things I became fond of through the Multiplayer component which I still play and love to bits.

N7 DESTROYER 120 PHAESTON ROUNDS PER THERMAL CLIP, 240 GETH SMG ROUNDS DAKKA DAKKA PEW PEW

I'd try it out with the Revenant but I haven't gotten to that part yet in SP and I'm continuously failing to unlock it in MP besides that one time I unlocked it about a week after release :awesome:

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
I would really like to meet 3 other people (from forums lol) who play ME3 Multiplayer on PS3. I don't even know one :(

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm not there yet, be patient :monster:. Also play moar Uncharted, I'm a bit disappoint in the amount of playing you guys do, and the online play in general is a bit disappointing too. Don't make me regret buying it, :monster:

Lex

Administrator
Yeah but remember we all got it around the time it was released, so at least I've played it quite a lot :monster:

Although I'm game for a game whenever ^_^

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I'm not there yet, be patient :monster:. Also play moar Uncharted, I'm a bit disappoint in the amount of playing you guys do, and the online play in general is a bit disappointing too. Don't make me regret buying it, :monster:

The multiplayer (with friends, at least) is fun, imo, but the campaign should be more than enough to prevent you from regretting it. Assuming the acting is as strong in Dutch, anyway. :monster:

And I'm not "currently" playing it yet as I'm not home yet, but Torchlight 2 finally came out today!

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Am I glad most games don't get dubbed in Dutch, :monster:. The campaign was enjoyable, I agree, although parts of the gameplay (shooting bits) just didn't sit right with me. I'm used to responsive PC gameplay, or at least help when you try to shoot someone in the faec instead of having to fuck around with a joystick thing, :monster:. Not much replay value though, or not that I found.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Been playing Guild Wars 2 as a human Guardian the last couple of days. I'm n the Devona's Rest server if anybody wants to group. Its actualy a fun game so far.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I played a lot of Uncharted 3 when it came out, it's not our fault you got the game really late dirty tentacle.

Top Bottom