What games are you currently playing?

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
I've been playing a lot of Elder Scroll Legends on my phone.

Really enjoying it. It's like Hearthstone only I actually know the lore

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Grabbed Cities: Skylines in the last Steam sale and have really enjoying getting back into a city-building game. It's really calming. Reminds me a lot about how I felt playing No Man's Sky - which I'm also looking forward to returning to with a fresh save once the new content hits.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I’m currently playing FFXIV (lol when am I not), Mass Effect 1 (second time playing it), Civiliation V, and Rocket League with friends here and there. I can’t believe I’ve got 3-4 games going at once, I usually can’t do this. XD I’m having so much fun with them.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Sleeping Dogs. Good game, I'm not sure if it's going to end with bringing down the triads or becoming Chairman.

Hong Kong is interesting because it's a lot less gun happy than a US based crime game, also driving on the left is surprisingly refreshing, although it hasn't stopped me from incompetently running over the occasional civilian. The story seems well thought out.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Sleeping Dogs is a great game. Having a system where two different types of exp (Traid and Police) are gotten in different ways and are therefore not mutually exclusive was great.

I really, really wish that more games did their MSQ the way that game did it. Resetting story missions once you've gotten all the really good gear without having to start the game over from scratch is a blast.

The story is one of the best things about it. I look forward to your reaction to how it all ends.

As far as what games I am playing... well, Monster Hunter World is coming out on PC in two days. So I'll be having fun with that.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
One question, then...

Does that Park date with Amanda unlock a quest chain? i don't really want to do it, but I'm not sure if I'm missing out. Accidentally romancing Tiffany (I assumed she was about to die) led to me reconnecting with Not-Ping.

I do not believe Dogeyes killed Winston. He's not powerful enough.

Yeah, it's very well written, the only awkward bits are when Wei is talking to the police superiors.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Sleeping Dogs....

All the dates unlock something showing up on your map that was previously hidden, usually collectables. One unlocks all the Cameras, one unlocks the HP shrines, one unlocks the cashboxes, etc. It was a while since I've played it, so I don't remember which date unlocks what.

How far are you into the story? You might think about the Police a bit differently by the end of it...

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Played through Vampyr, getting the second best ending. It's a good game ( albeit with a maddening system of autosaving everythimg so you lose used bullets and healing items if you die but the enemies you killed using them respawn) but what vampire games is concerned it's no Vampire: The Masquarade

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
^ I'm going to pick that up at some point... when I have time and it's a decent price, which is anyone's guess. :closedmonster:

Currently in between Final Fantasy XV and the original Resident Evil. The former is a replay with the Royal Edition stuff and the latter is fresh, as I've never ever played it before. Quite enjoying it so far, not so big on the puizzles, but the Twitch chat helps from time to time.

Ghost X

Played some card games last night with some friends. You can research the games yourself, I'll just give you my opinion of them.

Tumbling Towers (not a card game, but a Jenga Rip-off): Good to pass the time. 5/10.

Slapzi: Pretty fun. 6/10

Braingasm: After the initial hilarity of hearing fairly prim and proper friends talk about "adult" things, the game is pretty dull. 3/10

Hanabi: Probably the most intense game of the night, even harder when it was my first time playing. I think we bent the rules considerably, as you're literally not supposed to say anything except if you're giving a clue and even then your speech should be limited. Incredibly hard not to keep one's mouth shut. 8/10.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Probably about 50 hours into God Of War at this stage. The game is phenomenal and I don't want it to end. Just finished off killing the last of the optional bosses last night which are hella challenging.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Still playing the updated No Man's Sky at the moment on a complete restart. Will probably just keep to this until Spider-Man comes out in a few week's time.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Oh wow, I've actually been playing DS3 for nearly two months now. Still at it, too. I got as far as the Consumed King's Garden on my first character (mostly a knight type, quality build, greatsword, shield, etc), then was like 'ehhhh' and started again with a Pyromancer, which seems to be going a lot more smoothly - in part because I know the levels now, in part because I know more about the enemies. Currently just got Pontiff, I yolo'd him with three NPC summons helping me, :awesome:. He still took a while to kill though!

I also got the DLC, I'll probably get started on Ashes soonish (the guide says that one's doable at around lvl 60 or so, which I am now). There should be a good pyromancer weapon in there (scales with int / faith), right now I'm still using the Deep Axe, which is another one of those things that you can get veeery early on, but you sorta have to know how / why (it involves either being fast and avoiding a dragon's fire completely, or being slow and just rolling / yolo-ing through the fire, and killing a Mimic. Speaking of, why is every chest in this game a mimic? It's supposed to be a surprise! HECK!)

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Breath of the Wild, finally got around to the DLC quests. Bought that stuff when it came out and for some reason didn't play it until recently.
Trial of the Sword was a fun challenge, for the story DLC I wanted a bit more. Not even talking about the story, just think they should have added a new explorable area because exploration is the most fun part of this game and instead you just get a few boring quests and then fight a recycled boss, repeat that three more times and then finally get an original dungeon and boss and then the freakin MOTOR CYCLE VROOM VROOM

Occasionally I still stumble upon a few small areas here and there that I haven't been to yet. Neat. Still gotta find a few more shrines for completion's sake too. :P

Fangu

Great Old One
I HAVE MANY THINGS TO SAY

I shouldn't though because spoilers, but so far I've spent 4-5 hours on this demo, lol. You can't level past level 4, sadly. But there are two skirmishes. Also you can replay battles in this one - I only had to go back for one of them because overall it's fairly easy to A rank in this game.

It doesn't carefully set up the characters like the first one did, it's more jumping straight to the action. Which is fine imo. The characters are pretty cool, Claude is a 2.0 take on Welkin, but he certainly is a character on his own. (Also hair is A+++++)

They made some changes to the game play that works pretty well imo. You can speed up enemy phases, accessories is a thing, personal potentials are already unlocked, plus there's a new class that will make you squee of enjoyment the first time you play it.

Overall I'm really excited and I wish it was September 25th already.

Oh and music. Is. Completely. On. Point.

It's the game we wanted. <3

Top Bottom