What makes your day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Got the mark for my Advanced Rudiments Theory Exam (aka Grade 8 Piano theory)

99%

On one hand I'm like
:yay:

While the perfectionist in me is like
:tidus:
SO CLOSE

but fuck it still hella pleased

and now i have to wait 4 weeks to find out what question i got wrong ARGH

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
tumblr_lmwkvoBNNo1qe8we7o1_500.jpg

hoo hoo hoo

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
imagining aki as bugenhagen as a result of the previous post

akihagen loves garrus ho ho hoo

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
imagining aki as bugenhagen as a result of the previous post

akihagen loves garrus ho ho hoo
i was thinking this:
1680.png
which doesn't make it any better

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Code:
[INFO] BUILD SUCCESSFUL
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Total time: 6 minutes 26 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Jun 23 17:22:00 CEST 2011
[INFO] Final Memory: 78M/399M

:monster:. Fucking rare / unsolvable Windows-only bugs. Had to switch to Linux (and set up the whole shit again) just to get it to work.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
HBO is apparently planning six seasons of American Gods.

Cannot wait. The fact that this basically guarantees Gaiman will be writing sequels asap makes it even more awesome.
...Dude, I posted that info on Saturday, including a quote of Neil saying he had to get to work on a sequel. You thanked it. XD

What's made my day - well, the comments already made in this post for one. Also, hearing (seeing?) someone online suggest Sean Pertwee (Dog Soldiers, Event Horizon) as Sam Vimes for the forthcoming Discworld: The Watch TV series.

Plus the realisation that it's possible that I might be able to get the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2/Melancholy of Haruhi-chan DVD combo pack for £10 through using my HMV rewards card. :D

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
...Dude, I posted that info on Saturday, including a quote of Neil saying he had to get to work on a sequel. You thanked it. XD
Yeah, I remembered seeing it. I just don't think it registered with me at the time you posted it that six seasons are planned.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
Code:
[INFO] BUILD SUCCESSFUL
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Total time: 6 minutes 26 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Jun 23 17:22:00 CEST 2011
[INFO] Final Memory: 78M/399M

:monster:. Fucking rare / unsolvable Windows-only bugs. Had to switch to Linux (and set up the whole shit again) just to get it to work.

Why don't you further explain this shit to people who have NO IDEA as to wtf this all is. :monster:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Just saw the first part of a documentary on BBC1 about the rise of humanity, called Planet of the Apemen. For the most part, the bones in the re-enactment scenes were pretty believeable, but at one point, one was so plaster white, I couldn't help but think: "wow, prehistoric man must have had a lot of calcium in his diet".

Also, while homo sapiens were shown in mixed sex groups, the homo erectus seemed to be all male. OH, COME ON! XD

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Why don't you further explain this shit to people who have NO IDEA as to wtf this all is. :monster:

That would be a message from Maven, a Java project build tool (i.e. that converts a bit of code and a list of libraries into working software), telling me that the build and the batch of tests that make sure the code does what it's supposed to do have all finished successfully.

I've been trying to get it to work for two days. Turns out there's a bug or a handful in the software in Windows, really annoying.

The actual project is an implementation of some standard for transferring customer data between ISP's, which I've been charged with taking over the support for. The ISP we built it for doesn't really care much for it though - they have to have it due to laws and shit, but that's about it. The version I got working has been done (but kept out of production) six months ago, :monster:.

The ISP in particular is a somewhat idealistic club of ye olde hackers, the type that comes to work at 11 AM after smoking three joints. :monster:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Just saw the first part of a documentary on BBC1 about the rise of humanity, called Planet of the Apemen. For the most part, the bones in the re-enactment scenes were pretty believeable, but at one point, one was so plaster white, I couldn't help but think: "wow, prehistoric man must have had a lot of calcium in his diet".

Also, while homo sapiens were shown in mixed sex groups, the homo erectus seemed to be all male. OH, COME ON! XD

PLANET OF THE APES!

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
And if you take out all the time we shot each other on purpose, we didn't restart that many times :monster:

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
tana still thinks she's funny
she's currently ~invading~ the C/A forums

i just
i feel so sorry for her but i can't help but laugh at her
it's really sad honestly

but so funny

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I made decent feet on one of my cups and my two bowls.

I made decent designs on a teacup and a bowl.

I got decent results from the second round of raku glaze fire test tiles (minus one).

Overall a pleasant day (though it was humid as anything!) in the ceramic studio.

^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom