Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
HEY ADRI YOU BITCH NEVER SHOWING YOU ANYTHING AGAIN

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
a) the gifs in the last page of this thread

b) went to a jazz concert last night by the 'Pink Martinis', having no idea what to expect - we just bought tickets for it on a whim.

Well it was totally fucking awesome. Opened up with a jazz rendition of motherfucking Bolero, moving on to 'Franz Schubert meets Gloria Gaynor meets Havana 1952', then songs sung in Japanese and Croatian (the female vocalist was absolutely amazing), a classical interlude performed by the violinist and pianist - one of Mozart's violin concertos in G major that was so absolutely exquisite when it ended the entire audience (several thousand people) were awed into complete silence, like hear-a-pin-drop silent, before exploding into cheers.

And the vocalist they had was actually someone they had just picked up three days before because their main singer was getting vocal chord surgery, so she hadn't had a chance to learn all the foreign language songs. So they actually asked the audience - does anyone know all the words to one of their French songs - and a woman actually got up and sung it, which must take MAJOR BALLS especially since she wasn't a francophone (though her french was very good nonetheless). She even had a pretty voice, and at one point she forgot some of the words and she said as much then proceeded to scat-sing until the chorus came back in.

And then to make it even more awesome, right after that performance, the MC was like 'Alright guys what should we play next' and some dude in the audience started yelling out for a certain song. The MC says, jokingly, 'well if you want it you have to get up here and sing it'.

Well the guy's like FUCK YEAH and goes right up there on stage and belts out the entire song. He was a pretty bad singer but he knew all the words and was absolutely loving it so it was very fun to watch.

I love that the musicians were okay with letting these random people sing for them. Anyways the entire concert was absolutely amazeballs, I'll probably be buying some of their songs off itunes - and it also had a good opening act by Ash Koley to kick it off.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Finding a The World Ends With You & X-Men Evolution fanfic yesterday evening where the characters were - shock, horror! - actually in character, and the fic was well-written.

Also, FINALLY managing to manipulate the opening scene of one anime to fit the opening theme of another anime (had to change playback speeds all over the place to make it fit the necessary beats, mostly slowing, but the pre-title part needed to be sped up).

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee

omg that reminds me of another one i saw

tumblr_lk2x00HahU1qa4m33o1_400.gif

also what makes my day
-three shots for the price of one
-awesome dinner with friends
-PLAYING SUPER MARIO BROS AND DONKEY KONG AT THE BARCADE

generally awesome birthday weekend celebration awww yeah

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Seeing a Suzuki Carry 1.3 van, I want one even though I can't drive.

and this from Masamune, :glomp: -

EDIT:

And this scam email I received today:

Attention: Beneficiary,

This is to officially notify you that you have been selected as one of the
few beneficiary of 2011 United Nations Compensation Programe, You have been
compensated with sum of $800,000.00 US Dollars by United Nations as a sign
to help the
less privilege worldwide
, this award was been selected through the internet,
where your e-mail address was indicated and notified, Please
provide Mr. David Patrick with the following details
listed below so that your fund will be remited to you through Western Union.....blah...blah...blah

This takes the biscuit.

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
This. I was not expecting that. Like, at all. Especially since I had forgotten the contest was coming around and didn't even vote, and, in fact, hadn't even been posting at that board for about three months. Though I probably wouldn't have voted for myself anyway because I wouldn't have expected myself to have a shot at winning.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Fuuuuuck.

A slab of cow flesh, slowly cooked with a bit of water for over two hours. Best meat I've had in months, well worth the wait. SO TENDER AND ASDF AND :monster:.

A good chouffe later tonight, and all spoiled for the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom