What makes your day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
I notice a lot of people suddenly have different colours that are still visible, such as: Estheim, Serah Farron, Cloud, Feferi.

From tons of users, I was mentioned in someone else's post. It made me feel important
jFhj1.jpg

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
My youngest nephew (a little over one year old) is doing little kid play martial arts. Its awesome, cause he like leans against the couch for balance and strikes a little pose every single time, then tries to do spin kicks and stuff and its just so awwwwwww. I gotta get a copy of the video my sister took of him play fighting me.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Double post because something hit me a minute ago when I was looking in on the FOREVER ALONE thread. Something about the very title of the thread brought back a memory of something that has gotten me through more than a few times when I was sure I'd genuinely be just that. Alone forever. I thought about quoting it there, but it seemed more appropriate to put it here, so long as I explained where the thought came from.

What follows is a short excerpt from a short story set within the pages of The Dresden Files series, which is my favorite series of novels. Forgive the long description here (I'll spoiler tag it and the excerpt itself, just in case) but the scene needs setting for this to make sense :monster:

It features a younger Harry Dresden, before he became a professional wizard during the time he was still working as an apprentice PI under a man who devotes himself to finding missing children. He's found the child they were hired to locate, a jaded little runaway with cold, overly aloof parents. And they've changed their tune suddenly out of embarrassment about their kid running off and reported her kidnapped by the very investigators they hired to find her. Prior to this passage, where Harry gives the little girl a ring he's enchanted to glow when you think happy thoughts, everyone involved has lost faith in the world and life.

I moved my hand, and a soft, pinkish light flowed up out of the ring around her thumb, a loving, gentle warmth. I heard Faith draw in a little gasp of surprise, and then a delighted smile spread over her mouth.
"But how?" she whispered.
I gave her a smile. "Magic," I said. "The best kind. A little light in the dark."
She looked up at me, studying my face, my eyes. I shied away from the perception of that gaze. "I need to go back, don't I?" she asked.
I brushed a stray bit of hair from her forehead. "There are people who love you, Faith. Or who one day will. Even if you can't see them beside you, right here, right now, they're out there. But if you let the dark get into your eyes, you might never find them. So it's best to keep a little light with you, along the way. Do you think you can remember that?"
She nodded up at me, her face lit by the light from the ring.
"Whenever it gets too dark, think of the good things you have, the good times you've had. It will help. I promise."
She leaned against me and gave me a simple, trusting hug. I felt my cheeks warm up as she did. Aw, shucks.

The author feels this story poorly written and amateurish, having written it early in his career. And its a fair assessment, compared to the rest of his work. But... this section always brings a tear to my eye. Or more than one in both. Like I said, reading this story has helped me out when shit was bad in the past. And remembering it out of the blue like that, it made my day.

Here's hoping something similar happens for any of you here who are feeling down or lonely. Hopefully, anyone here who feels, as I once did, that they'll be forever alone will find something that does for them what this story sometimes did for me. Like the story said, just a little light in the dark.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I had an awesome day at work, perhaps my best day yet. Days like this are what truly make me happy that I quit that other pizza place. SO today we were super busy... and this is good cause time goes by fast then :monster: And considering we were short handed on both cooks and drivers, we only got like maybe 3 call backs, and none of them were super pissed or anything. There was only one pizza we had to remake because supposedly it was "cold". I hate it when people say that, it's in a bag that's like super heated so there's no fucking way, even if it's late, that it'll be cold :monster:

Anyway, what was really nice was toward the end of the night, I got a couple orders, and it was just me and my last driver. I made them and sent him out, and about a half our later or so I got a call back from one of them. He said he orders 6 out of 7 days a week (cause you know, I don't know how many days are in a week :monster:) and long story short, I made his pizza wrong. It was supposed to be half green olives and I did half green peppers. Well hey, they're both green :awesome:

Anywho I told him he could get a credit for next time or I could make a new pizza and send it out. He opted for the credit and I apologized once again and got off the phone with him. About a minute later he called back again, and said he changed his mind and wanted a new pizza. Not a big deal, it wasn't that far or anything, so I remade it, this time with green olives.

I sent the driver out again, and about 10 minutes later this guy calls again. I thought he was going to complain about it taking too long or that something else was wrong, but he was actually calling to thank me for remaking the pizza. He said it was delicious and it was such a nice thing for me to do and he loves our pizza and so on.

I mean I KNOW it's my job but it really made me feel good :lol:
I wish more customers could be like him and not just treat us like shit if we make a mistake. I mean hey we're all human. It's just nice that some people out there understand that :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Oh yeah and My Little Pony Season 2 premiere in 3 and a half hours... not sure if I should try sleeping or just stay up :awesome:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Saying 'fuck it, why the damn hell not?' and doing something that I consider to be overly ambitious.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
That used to replace whatever Windows Media Player was running in the background for me

/nostalgia

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
brent just made my day

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I think that is exactly the sort of dog that dacon would be reincarnated as :awesome:

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
Kripey's snoring

I can't believe I missed this.
Also talking to the gurls last night AND listening to Sami's voice (FINALLY!). Too many pretty voices for my own good!!!

PS:Insulting (And getting insulted by) Tiff lol :awesome: But it was with lots of love

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Just got back from the mountain home airshow. My god it was awesome. There were easily over a thousad people there, not counting air force perssonel.

I got to check out the inside of a cargo plane. Those things are fucking huge! My house could literally fit into the interior of that craft with room to spare.

Food was good as well. Hot dogs and cheesesteaks man. Hotdogs and cheesesteaks.

But the crowning thing was watching my cousin, along with the other recruits get sworn into the airforce by the thunderbirds themselves! Then after that we got to watch the thunderbirds preform live. Holy shit those guys are freaking insane! Also their planes are loud as all hell.

My cousins probably pretty happy as well. No sooner is he sworn in than a man from KBOI radio asks him for an interview. Damn. This day kicked ass.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Playing Lost in Nightmares with Sami and turning the corner only to be OWNED IN THE FACE by a creepy ass monster that totally WAS NOT supposed to show up that early in the game.
Omg so scared though I loved how much we were screaming and pissing our pants after that. XD

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Spending the evening at my best friend's house, eating Chinese food (we ordered waaaaaaaaaaay too much as per usual), playing with his beautiful puppy, with my adoptive brother home for the foreseeable future and watching Doctor Who. Also my son ate about a million Hershey Kisses and went hyperactive. Fucking hilarious.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Finished Sara's picture and I feel like I did good this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom