What makes your day

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheens

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sheens, Mooglet
I'm on holiday for a week, with my weekend taking place in London.

Patrick Wolf this Friday, Distant Worlds and The Doctor Who Experience on Saturday.

I am so excited!

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Finding out I'm off work tomorrow and having had a nice little drinking session with a couple of the ones from my work, nice way to be welcomed back to Galway :)

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
i saw passion pit last night with my friend meagan! it was an incredible show, we had an amazing time. we were right up in the front and it was at one of my favorite venues. * u *

then i came home and got insanely fucked up

and woke up to a message from SEAN AAHHHH i missed him so bad it was the highlight of my week!!!!

also rishi i'm gonna find that harry guy and punch him in the dick

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
"Ewglu phln'slghn hngl'wi. Krha'gr br'clnuilha wgah'rly'ueh v'glua n'gl.", or, "Chicks dig the tentacles. That's why I keep 'em where they can see 'em."

Also,

Now you must wager: do you choose to worship him or not?
So we can describe our calculus of pain, holding (p) as the probability that Cthulhu exists, and (1 − p) that he does not exist.
If you worship him, we assign X1 as the pain if he does exist, and X2 as the pain if he does not exist. X2 is less than X1 because in both instances you go through the pain associated with worshipping Cthulhu, but in X1,, you also get eaten, which is more painful.
If you worship him your expected pain (EP1) is some finite constant:
EP1 = p(X1) + (1 − p)(X2)
For the case where you do not worship him, we assign Y1 as the pain if he does exist, and Y2 as the pain if he does not exist. Y2 will be zero or negative, because you actually get pleasure if you don't worship him and he does not exist.
If you do not worship him, your expected pain is:
EP2 = p(Y1) + (1 − p)(Y2)
However, (Y1), the pain if he does exist and you don't worship him, is infinite. Therefore, expected pain is infinite if you do not worship him, no matter what the associated probability (p).
As infinite pain is always greater than any finite pain, EP2 is always greater than EP1.
Therefore, in order to minimize your pain, the only rational thing for you to do is to pick EP1, and worship Cthulhu through self-flagellation and ritual sacrifice. QED

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
and woke up to a message from SEAN AAHHHH i missed him so bad it was the highlight of my week!!!!
bearby you and me are going to do stuff that's awsome together

also my dad made my day, thanks dad <3

and then i saw a guy on the bus wearing a shirt with that ffvii 10th anniversary logo of cloud/zacks/sephiroth. and then my date was wearing a cookie monster shirt. so i took it as a blessing for returning to tls that all's right with the world

then i made out under a bridge

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Waking up with no hangover and being the only person in a nightclub dressed as a mummy. Originality +10. There were some awesome zombies though.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
a coworker was having a bridal shower and i ate a lot of cheese

a lot

im happy now
also:
Tifabelle: I'm ok with watching butts
satsufeis: dacon, your finest selection of butts on video pleez
NinAcky: yes good

Last edited:

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
Joined a new RP on Tumblr today. Fuck those guys are crazy. Been role-playing since 8. I haven't felt this good in MONTHS. So yep. I'm pretty happy!

I even practiced my art at manipulating photoshop for the RP:

tumblr_ltwtxijEk91r5g7sjo1_400.png
tumblr_ltwrv0wtas1r2pnug.png

Last edited:

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
Having an incredible halloween weekend by the Falls. And being drunk for a large majority of it. :D

getting to wear my hot nursie costume again was awesome too

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
~25 commits to the ol' Git repository, most of which start with things like 'added' :monster:.

You know, something like

A2HBy.png

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Waking up with no hangover and being the only person in a nightclub dressed as a mummy. Originality +10. There were some awesome zombies though.

Momentarily imagining that Mage woke up from a Sarcophagus located inside a nightclub. :lol:

X :neo:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
http://iwl.me/

I put in a fan fic I wrote and I got JRR Tolkein.
Put in a reading response I wrote for class and got HP Lovecraft.

Obviously I am destined to be an epic pioneer of the sci-fi/fantasy genre.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000

I did the same with a bit of FFVII garbage I wrote ages ago and I got Vladimir Nabokov :O There wasn't even any sex in it! Just a bit of swearing.

I don't know if I should be worried or not :/

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

Over the course of a single thread, I got David Foster Wallace, Dan Brown, HP Lovecraft, James Joyce, etc.

You're JUST NOW finding that?
I could have sworn I linked to it here before.
Also, minor shennanigans, top row far right and bottom row far left are the same person in different regenerations. Romana I and Romana II.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Apparently, I write like Dan Brown. Wut.

And in another blogpoast I write like Lovecraft, :monster:. That might be due to the many technical terms I throw around in that one.

And in another one I write like Cory Doctorow, whoever the fuck that is. I got that one twice. Thrice. Four times. I guess based on statistical analysis that's the one :monster:.

In fact, fuck me, this poast too is written like Cory Doctorow. The fuck.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
My personal writing is apparently all H.P. Lovecraftian. :ultros:
(While my FFVII fanfiction is apparently Raymond Chandler).

Also, OT: Sigourney Weaver and Carrie Henn, off-set of Aliens, imitating the Xenomorph Queen.

RipleyNewtQueen.png

:D

X :neo:

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Went to town with my devil's horns on display. Managed to work all 7 deadly sins into the brief little thirty minute trip. Cashier at Wal-mart was a dude in a monk outfit. Awesome.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I did the same with a bit of FFVII garbage I wrote ages ago and I got Vladimir Nabokov :O There wasn't even any sex in it! Just a bit of swearing.

I don't know if I should be worried or not :/

Nabokov is one of my favourite writers. I'm envious.

Say what you will about the content. The prose itself is the most beautiful I've read imo.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Nabokov is one of my favourite writers. I'm envious.

Say what you will about the content. The prose itself is the most beautiful I've read imo.

The only one of his I read was Lolita, because I was expecting filth, it was good but it wasn't really filthy or anything, given the subject matter. I guess thats the 50's for ya! Also I guess American Psycho sort of set the bar for what is filthy/shocking pretty high :hohum:

/illiteracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom