What makes your day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
My personal writing is apparently all H.P. Lovecraftian. :ultros:

I knew your spellcheck was able to translate plg'lugn hwahghi shoggoth'hu gnu'ingldyah, hfir'ln plg'luinh ph'thahnl wglu phln'slghn hngl'wi krha'gr br'clnuilha wgah'rly'ueh v'glua n'g yn'gnl sh'g: D'phnegul k'tha dugh, ughl'nigu'ra ulfn'ahk y'ngwu Maghoor-N'kyah? F'nakhr ugh'r'yheh liung'ngu a'Phtak'lu, hfir'knia y'nu h'lyeahugha Oprah rg'ynh to proper legible English :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
lol

355430.jpg

Vivi

Jump Rope Champion
AKA
Vivi, Setzer Gabbiani
I think I might have enough spare money to buy a 3DS this week. Ocarina of Time is calling my name.

Also, candy.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
yay another sequelitis video

yay egoraptor
u so crever

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
So I just got back from my first driving lesson and....... NO-ONE DIED!:awesome:

So yeah, feeling positive, although my left foot is a bit crampy for some reason, I think I was subconciously tensing it or something.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
That'll be clutch response. Try moving your seat one notch further forward or tilting your chair forwards a touch.
Finally got Assassin's Creed Brotherhood to play with. The monkey's paw is that I have no time to play it. :/

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
THE WATER IS BACK! I'll finally know what feels like to shower like a human being.
AKDFJALEJFAHSDKJFHAUEHFJASDKJFJADHFJAHKJDF
ADJFAJFHDSFHKJAHDSJKHEFUYASDKJDN

Also, decided to download Final Fantasy Type 0 before importing, while I wait for the unlikely western release. Its too expensive and I don't have that kind of money. BUT if I like it (And get used to the japanese) then I'll import it.

Vivi

Jump Rope Champion
AKA
Vivi, Setzer Gabbiani
This article.

Toy Story 3: You love crying. You love crying so, so much. You love crying when Andy plays with his toys with that little girl, or when Woody watches him walk away and looks okay about it. You love crying when they accidentally get thrown away. You love crying when the toys are headed for the incinerator and they finally realize that they’re not going to be able to cleverly hop out of this problem and they all look resigned and brave and hold each others’ hands as they accept their fate, and Mr. Potato Head holds his wife to his chest so she doesn’t… WHAT THE HELL PIXAR.

Yes.

List of things that have made me happy lately and therefore 'hi everyone Brooke is much less stressed out and is probably back now'. Time away was shorter than I thought which is great.

My sister dressed up as Hilda from Pokemon Black/White for Halloween.

I've lost her to most popular kid things like parties and drinking and all that stuff I'm way too square to do but I've kept her loving Pokemon all these years. That and Star Fox.

First shift at a job starting Friday. It's not the job I wanted or the only job I can have, won't be enough consistent hours, but fuck it's a job and that makes me feel a little less stressed out because I was getting close to being out of money. Plus if I get another job I can be available for this one on off hours meaning it'll be extra money here and there. It's a coat check job. Nothing exciting, but that's good in a way. No customer service stress. Take the coat, take the money, give back the coat, done.

There's a chance I'll be getting money from two other sources as well sometime this week or next. Insurance crap and possible school grant which would kick ass.

I finished a HUGE chunk of homework for this semester. I wanted to get as ahead as possible so when I did get a job I wasn't stressed completely at lack of school work time.

As of now I only have left one or two small projects that I may or may not get done today/tomorrow, a group project I don't have the details of yet, and a couple editing partner's essay things. So I think I'm in a pretty good position. Just have to worry about tests.

Diet is now at 15lbs lost. Goal is somewhere around 40lbs lost. So over a third of the way there. :)

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
That'll be clutch response. Try moving your seat one notch further forward or tilting your chair forwards a touch.
Thats the thing though, I pulled the seat as close as it would go. I've got short legs and size 5 feet, I didn't think I was abnormally small though. :lol:

Plus I was wearing wedge shoes with 3 inch heels. If I hadn't been wearing them I think my foot would have been hovering. I think I'll have to move the back of the seat as forwards as possible next time. If I don't get used to it I guess I'll have to get pedal extentsions. It wasn't a massive car, a Renault Megane, which is about average. People have said its easier in small cars. I don't really want to learn in a small car because then you get used to them and driving a bigger car would feel weird. I want to drive a big car like
AlienAPC_1_0.jpg
:awesome:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Oh in that case don't worry, tanks don't have pedals or clutches or gears anymore these days, more like motorcycle throttles :monster:.

Also, it's your right foot that should be cramping. Downwards, preferably. If you're scared, DRIVE FASTER! :monster:

@thread: Epic Meal Time, :awesome:

Fangu

Great Old One
Wear sneakers when you practice driving, it makes it much easier to "feel" the car :)

So I'm in a weight class at the gym, panting on my back doing triceps presses, and the instructor leans over to the girl next to her to correct her - and looks at me and whispers to her "watch how she does it!"

*Rocky music*

Last edited:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Thats the thing though, I pulled the seat as close as it would go. I've got short legs and size 5 feet, I didn't think I was abnormally small though. :lol:

Plus I was wearing wedge shoes with 3 inch heels. If I hadn't been wearing them I think my foot would have been hovering. I think I'll have to move the back of the seat as forwards as possible next time. If I don't get used to it I guess I'll have to get pedal extentsions. It wasn't a massive car, a Renault Megane, which is about average. People have said its easier in small cars. I don't really want to learn in a small car because then you get used to them and driving a bigger car would feel weird. I want to drive a big car like
AlienAPC_1_0.jpg

Trouble is, Meganes are marketed as being low to the ground (ha! you call that low?), so the seats have a weird sling to them (IMO anyway). I can't stand car seats with any sort of bucket shape to them, they give me awful leg cramps. Ditch the heels, they won't be helping. :) Also, there's nothing wrong with hovering as long as you master clutch control. I can do heel to toe but much prefer hovering. It makes double-clutching easier if you ever learn to do it.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

AlienAPC_1_0.jpg

Though it might be illegal (honestly, don't know, depends on your locality) I find driving barefoot to be the best option. Most fine control over the pedals and such.
Also, You need to be just close enough that either leg does not need to fully stretch in order to fully depress either pedal. If you have to pull ALL the way up to do that, so be it.

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
GLEE
what are these feelings i don't understand

brittana
omg
so many tears
i love them

Status
Not open for further replies.