• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Wild TLS Member Wants To Battle!

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I'd like the launcher to be off. IMO being able to use items defeats the purpose of restricting them in the first place. Not to mention a lot of that shit is ridiculously overpowered (Max Revive? Dire Hit 3? Screw that).

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Thanks for the clarifications and opinions folks. We have three votes against the Wonder Launcher and two meh votes, so its looking pretty likely we'll turn that off for League matches Unless Aki and Kris really love it or something and come in to say so. On the overlap topic we seem even more undecided, so I suggest we do that among ourselves case by case. If two people both want a particular mon on their team they can agree to both use them or battle for the right to use it, whatever.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
VOLCARONA IS MIEN JUST SAYIN'. Uhh I was told to post a list of Pokemon I was using and I kind of want to anyway so here it is:

-->Scyther
-->Volcarona
-->Scolipede
-->Leavanny
-->Heracross
-->Galvantula

YEEEAH.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Since Kris isn't around to post right at the moment, I'll just point out that according to his sig, our Ice-master had claimed:

Glaceon
Froslass
Sneasel
Jynx
Dragonair
Lapras

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
For clarification - are we doing the original tournament with our actual gym teams, or our "whatever the fuck we want" mixed teams?

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
The rank tournament is to be done with varied teams. Not that you couldn't enter with your Gym team if you WANTED, I suppose. But I'm bringing my championship team for the tourney.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Hey Omega, while you're here, you arsed to throw your Friend Code into the mix yet? :awesome:

Clicky Person

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nanny Ogg
My team is:

Venusaur (Vileplume will be my stand in if I can't get ahold of Venusaure)
Lilligant
Exeggutor
Cradillly
Breloom
Ferrothorn

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Alright, we're getting down to it now folks. Just 14 days until the official Tournament, as of this posting. Unless someone else throws their balls in the ring (wow Pokemon sounds dirty sometimes...) we shall have three Gym Leaders and the traditional Elite Four afterward. Hopefully we'll eventually get a few more Gym Leaders to add to the list, but that's an issue for later. On the 30th, the tournament will progress as such:

n71lzs.png

The victor of the tourney will be the highest ranking member of the Elite Four. The runner up will be second, and so on. That leaves the three who lose in the first round as our Gym Leaders.

Since they'll all have lost in the first round, however, that doesn't really establish their rank. The most obvious solution to me is to have a second mini-tournament among those three to determine their places. But, I'm open to suggestions if other ideas occur to anyone. Like maybe going off of how many of their opponent's pokeymanz each Gym Leader to be manages to take down before losing, or some such.

Also, the tournament is once more uneven due to Drake joining our ranks, unless another trainer signs up between now and then. So, if everyone who has signed up attends, Drake will be seeded in the first round and automatically qualify for the semi-finals. On the other hand, Kris has not returned yet at this time, so if he is not in attendance for the tournament, I shall change the lineup to pit Drake against myself in the first round. :monster:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Question - when we level down our mons to 50, do they retain their stats or anything? Basically is there any point to getting them over 50 when they're gonna be leveled back down?

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
That is a very good question, which I might be too tired to answer properly atm. I seem to recall that accumulated EVs do still have some effect even after the de-leveling that comes with a Flat Battle. But I don't wanna swear to it without looking into it some more. I just know that I've kept training them just for something to do while waiting for the tourney.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Ok, I looked up the way stats and such work in Flat Battle mode, and while they will not be as great as they would be outside of Flat Battles they will still benefit from additional training somewhat. I've never had a good grasp of the mathematical formulas for these things, so I suppose I could be wrong. One of the places I looked can be found here http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85403 under the heading "EVing for Level 50" if someone with a better understanding than myself wishes to have a look.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Do participants need to be forum members? I know a couple Pokemon players on the FFWiki that may be willing to join in.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Well, we been conducting all our business here and referring to it as the TLS Pokémon League and such, so I kinda figured membership here was mandatory. But I don't think we ever really discussed it. Anyone else have an opinion on this? Only 10 days left to decide.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Hey guys, be sure to record your matches, I (and no doubt the other pokemon enthusiasts in the tls strip) would like to see how it goes and all.

Top Bottom