XBoxOne

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
360 was my system this year. Hell it was my family's system, and I'm the most casual one of all of them. Between us four siblings, this generation we've bought at least six 360s. Even my dad has one. We sunk good money into it and usually stuck with xbox games when they were multiplatform.

And here's the truth, I don't regret it. It's a great system.

None of us are buying xbox1s. Console loyalty is stupid and even if I had it, it goes both ways. I'm not sticking up for a console that screws me over from borrowing games in my own family.

I'll miss my gamer score but whatever, it'll be good to start fresh. Not dropping a half a grand for an invisible number. bye and thanx 4 all the memories.

same here. i still love my 360, but this xboxone shit is a mess. i don't even understand how it got this bad -- are people at MS really this delusional? how the fuck do you screw up this badly

tbh though i'm genuinely upset about my gamerscore now i have to grow my e-penis from scratch thanks a LOT microsoft

Lex

Administrator
I've just realised I'll be gaining PSN friends. Multiplayer is going to be ridiculously fun with ALL THE PEOPLE on PS4 :desu:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=586406

Xbone only works in certain countries.

Japan gets fucked over apparently?

I have no words.

"Asian gamers will have to wait a year longer than their American counterparts to get their hands on Microsoft’s Xbox One, which will only be available in the region in late 2014, a year after its U.S. launch this November. The new device will only be available in select Asian markets – Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea & India."

That link is just full of gold. It's like they're TRYING to fail.

X :neo:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I've a feeling "You can always buy a 360 instead" is going to replace lots of other things as a common phrase.

Dude 1: "Man, paying rent and phone bills and doing all this adult stuff sucks."
Dude 2: "You can always buy a 360 instead."

[Replaced: "Deal with it."]
----

Dude 1: "My girlfriend was cheating on me. We're done."
Dude 2: "You can always buy a 360 instead."

[Replaced: "There are plenty of fish in the sea."]
----

Chick 1: "I don't know how it happened. I never missed a pill, but I'm pregnant."
Chick 2: "You can always buy a 360 instead."

[Replaced: "It's your miracle baby"/"God works in mysterious ways."]
I'll miss my gamer score but whatever, it'll be good to start fresh. Not dropping a half a grand for an invisible number. bye and thanx 4 all the memories.

I caught what you did there.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
A comment from a friend of mine about the NeoGAF link,

"So, in Poland you can MAKE The Witcher 3, for XboxOne... you just can't PLAY it."

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
tvXzEGE.png

Lex

Administrator
The more I'm hearing and seeing, the more arrogant this whole thing seems.

They're basically acting like stroppy teenagers:

FINE THEN. GO TO PS4.
FINE THEN. DON'T BUY XB1.
You can play games offline, it's called a 360

I meanwhile get to laugh from my chair. I feel sorry for people who thought the 360 was a cool thing though, it's a shame. I know my brother is disappointed.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
The Xbox 360 was a cool thing. It still is a cool thing. The Xbox Live service has been well worth it ever since launch, giving a lot more connectivity between players and making the whole gaming scene a lot more sociable. I have owned both consoles for years now and I've never had a multiplayer experience on PSN that could rival XBL.

The 360 is still a good console that offers a lot of awesome to people (at least while players are still on it) but Microsoft can't ride its success and expect console loyalists to put up with all the bullshit they are trying to pull with the new console. It just goes to show that it doesn't matter how many fanboys you have, you can't sell them an absolute pile of shit.

Well, unless you're apple.

laurence

Pro Adventurer
In light of MS taking an ''always online service'' type of approach to the Xbox1, I see they had no choice but to limit access to only a few countries.

And as a response from MS, it's kinda slighting to then tell fans to deal with it by getting a 360. What they should've asked MS was what can the many folks who want to jump into next-gen can expect to acquire? Because clearly xbox1 and 360 are not the same products.

A comment from a friend of mine about the NeoGAF link,

"So, in Poland you can MAKE The Witcher 3, for XboxOne... you just can't PLAY it."

Speaking of CD Projekt's relationship with Microsoft, it doesn't seem to be much of a strong one.
Eurogamer decided to ask CD Projekt Red if it would be ensuring The Witcher 3 is free to sell and lend on the Xbox One when the game gets a publisher. But the developer has no idea, because apparently Microsoft hasn’t shared any details about how the used game system works yet.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I feel sorry for people who thought the 360 was a cool thing though, it's a shame.

Condescension much? >:

edit:

Yes, you need to pay to be able to patch games :monster:

Another reason I hate MS.

A bit of a misunderstanding.

The Live service itself is free (demos, patches, trailers, etc.). Live Gold is where all the multiplayans and full game downloads are atm.
Contrary to what people have been saying, there is actually a difference (and I know it because I don't pay for Live Gold, and every now and then putting in a game tells me I need to install an update. :monster:)

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
Condescension much? >:

It really wasn't my intention to be condescending :monster:

As I've explained before, my first experience with a current gen system was on the 360 - I totally understand why people like it, I just bought a PS3 a while afterwards and preferred it by a long shot. I don't give a crap which "side" a person falls on with the whole PS3 vs. 360 thing, it makes not a lick of a difference to my life. But I do feel sorry for people who became XBox fans in this generation (people like my brother as I've said before) who are now having to switch because MS are being absolute cunts.

I've noticed you seem to be defending them/ playing devil's advocate quite a bit in all this, is there a reason for that? Are you getting an XBox One?

Or is all this a symptom for your love for Internet Explorer? :desu:

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
I just realised something...
tumblr_m04qpyu6aY1r6posio1_500.jpg

The question is: Who wants to buy an Xbox One?

Top Bottom