FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
Pictures and schedules released for the FFVIIRemake x Tokyo Sky Tree event. Unique merchandise sold at the event. Cloud, Aerith, Barret and Tifa get character-inspired drinks.

Google translate:
Tokyo Skytree Town will be held today (January 23, 2020) and for a limited time from February 6 to April 22, 2020. Tokyo Skytree and "FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE" (hereinafter FFVII REMAKE) The details of the collaboration event have been released.​

@LicoriceAllsorts and other Tseng fans may find some enjoyment in this new picture found among the merch.

View attachment 4653

https://www.4gamer.net/games/305/G030589/20200123076/SS/028.jpg

Just catching up on all of this, man this is way cooler than the Dragonball stuff they had when I visited. The exclusive pin is kickass.

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
I mean, people like Sephiroth and look at who he kills. Hell, people even like Hojo! If it's an interesting character then they'll have fans who will fawn over them. And FFVII is full of interesting characters.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Who the hell likes Hojo? We need to get them some help. I kid. In any case, no one should like Hojo. He was a psychopath. That's pretty funny, though.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Surely Rufus' motives are irrelevant. Tseng and the Turks try their hardest to save Veld and Elfe, but can't manage it; Rufus comes onto the field in extra time and saves the game for them. BC doesn't explain how he did this, but makes it clear that he did. No, wait - it does say he hacked into Shinra's classified files and found the secret place where Veld was being held pending execution (a garbage dump). He gives this information to Tseng (they actually share ten seconds of screen time together!!!) and it's implied that this is when they cook up the fake execution scenario between them.

After he saves Tseng, Rude and Reno for like the second or third time, Rufus says to them, "If you want to show your gratitude, show it in your work," which strongly implies that they had reason to feel grateful towards him. No doubt that was why he did it, to bind the Turks to him through a debt of honour or personal loyalty or whatever you want to call it.

Rufus does not go into the field, he stays behind alone and President Shinra goes to rescue him at which point Rufus makes his proposal to his father. If Tseng and Rufus had planned the fake shooting thing then they planned this before Veld and Elfe had met up with the Turks. And Tseng, Reno, Rude, Veldt and Elfe were only caught by the Shinra army when Tseng wanted them to be caught by the Shinra army. So again, no proof that the Shinra army on it's own would've accomplished this. While the player Turk was in a coma for three years, Elfe and Veld were surviving outside Shinra just fine on their own.

Making the Turks stronger than Weapons or SOLDIER is just silly, IMHO. They clearly are not really that strong. But they have the power of SENPAI-SHIP! They are STRONGER TOGETHER!!

They overcome a WEAPON, the player Turks individually regularly overcome a threats that SOLDIER First Classes Essai and Sebestian were no match for at all. I think they would have overcome what Shinra might have thrown at them too. But it didn't come to that because the lives of the people living on and under Sector Seven weren't a good reason for Tseng, Rude and Reno to explore their options a bit.

Reactions: Ite
No, Veld is caught in Corel by the Shinra army led by Scarlett, who deliberately kills some of her own men in the process of capturing him. He is brought back to Midgar and imprisoned in a secret location. Tseng and the Turks have no luck finding this location until Rufus hacks into the Shinra classified files and passes the information to them; it's also at this time, before they rescue Veld, that Rufus and Tseng cook up the fake execution plan. Armed with this information, they rescue Veld and escape from Midgar, but are caught in the wastelands by the Shinra army. The implication is that Rufus and Tseng arranged this ambush in order to stage Veld's fake execution and thus enable Veld to escape. Rude and Reno weren't informed and so think that Veld is really dead.

"Rufus does not go into the field, he stays behind alone and President Shinra goes to rescue him at which point Rufus makes his proposal to his father." I don't know what part of the game you're referring to here. When did his father come to rescue him?

I hate to resort to crying 'game mechanics', but I think it's the only way to explain how the Turks end up stronger than Weapon or SOLDIER. If that were really the case, why not send them after Sephiroth? I hope the Remake doesn't make them victims of wierd medical experiments as well.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
No, Veld is caught in Corel by the Shinra army led by Scarlett, who deliberately kills some of her own men in the process of capturing him. He is brought back to Midgar and imprisoned in a secret location. Tseng and the Turks have no luck finding this location until Rufus hacks into the Shinra classified files and passes the information to them; it's also at this time, before they rescue Veld, that Rufus and Tseng cook up the fake execution plan. Armed with this information, they rescue Veld and escape from Midgar, but are caught in the wastelands by the Shinra army. The implication is that Rufus and Tseng arranged this ambush in order to stage Veld's fake execution and thus enable Veld to escape. Rude and Reno weren't informed and so think that Veld is really dead.

"Rufus does not go into the field, he stays behind alone and President Shinra goes to rescue him at which point Rufus makes his proposal to his father." I don't know what part of the game you're referring to here. When did his father come to rescue him?

Chapter 22, but you're righ, it's in the middle of them rescuing Veld already captured.

I hate to resort to crying 'game mechanics', but I think it's the only way to explain how the Turks end up stronger than Weapon or SOLDIER. If that were really the case, why not send them after Sephiroth? I hope the Remake doesn't make them victims of wierd medical experiments as well.

It's not a game mechanic, it's the whole game. Shinra has a supersoldier army, but to deal with AVALANCHE they recruit more plain joe Turk members right of the streets to throw at them, and it works, but not before AVALANCHE proves to be a physical world ending threat.

Lex

Administrator
Then why is what I say argued with rather than entertained, as you claim? I wasn't try to say anything was definitive, just present other possibilities. But instead of entertaining them like you claim you do, it feels like some of you are just dismissing them out of hand.

Ahoy there, I've not had much interaction with you but I have noticed this kind of thing as a pattern of behaviour and I just wanted to say: please chill out. I understand that a lot of people are disagreeing with you at once and that can feel a little bit frustrating, but I'd maybe advocate for better phrasing and patience/ understanding wherever you're going to be sharing your view of how you may draw your own conclusions where there is no real established canon. Some of your earlier posts are a bit dismissive in tone and you're getting a strong response from people both because of that, and because of the subject matter. If you frame your views in a better way you'll have a better time and so will everybody else.

I understand you might not think you're coming across that way, but to be blunt, you are. It doesn't read particularly well. So just keep an eye on it if you want to feel less frustrated in an environment where people debate the canon of FFVII to death. People tend to go out of their way here not to be dismissive, so while I sympathise with your general feeling of being dismissed (I know what it's like when a lot of people are disagreeing with you or you feel like you have no support), you cannot really expect to share a viewpoint most consider unlikely to be canon on the board where FFVII canon is most discussed, and not be challenged on said viewpoint. But what you can do is present your thought processes in a less absolutist way and receive warmer responses.

That's my advice, please take it :monster:

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
I understand, Lex, I just ask that the others give me the same courtesy, is all, and not gang up on me. That's part of what causes the frustration leading to those kinds of responses. I wasn't trying to be dismissive or absolutist, and I'm sorry if I was. I was just trying to present and explain my view. I like to look at alternative possibilities and think about things in nontraditional ways and give attention to characters and ideas many others don't, and just because my view on a matter might not match the majority doesn't mean it doesn't have merit or worth. But that's how it feels when I'm being argued with on all sides. I know that's not anyone's intention, but it's there nonetheless. I don't mind being disagreed with, I just would like it to be done in a way that doesn't seem to demean what I'm saying.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Just catching up on all of this, man this is way cooler than the Dragonball stuff they had when I visited. The exclusive pin is kickass.

I love the background image of Midgar.... if only they'd release that.
KuKybQj.jpg

Upped the contrast and brightness..... but the background image was a pretty heavily compressed JPG (only 280KB), so it's got some bad artifacting which now stands out even more after my minor edits...but nothing can be done about that:

TQS8NKd.jpg

Last edited:

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
I love the background image of Midgar.... if only they'd release that.
KuKybQj.jpg

Upped the contrast and brightness..... but the BG was a pretty heavily compressed JPG, so it's got some bad artifacting that stands out even more after this...but nothing can be done about that:

TQS8NKd.jpg

Never ceases to amaze me just how great Midgar looks in that shot. What an incredible way to open the game - "here's that city you love and remember, except bigger and better in nearly every way".

What's going on in the gaps between the plates? Looks like housing is there, too.
In the original version, the outer rim of plate (beyond the ring of the reactors) had nothing on it, but now it looks as if they're building there, too.
Sector 3 looks like it's full of factories and warehouses and stuff.
Sector 4 looks posh.
Oh man this is going to be so cool...

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
What's intriguing me is that they're insistent that it's a full-fat FF title, yet we've not actually seen much of anything in detail outside of what constitutes the first half an hour of the Midgar segment. Everything else has been little bits here and there, not enough to provide any real context (not to me anyway).

We're 2 and a half months out from launch at this point and we still don't really know what's exactly expanding it to a full FF game (leaks aside of course, and I genuinely don't know exactly how much that constitutes either). Does anyone else get the impression they're holding something back that they want to be a big surprise?

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
What's intriguing me is that they're insistent that it's a full-fat FF title, yet we've not actually seen much of anything in detail outside of what constitutes the first half an hour of the Midgar segment. Everything else has been little bits here and there, not enough to provide any real context (not to me anyway).

We're 2 and a half months out from launch at this point and we still don't really know what's exactly expanding it to a full FF game (leaks aside of course, and I genuinely don't know exactly how much that constitutes either). Does anyone else get the impression they're holding something back that they want to be a big surprise?
I like that they haven't shown more. Too many times the movies/games reveal a lot of stuff. We've already seen 3-4 trailers

Jairus

Isn't it all laid out in the leaks anyway? Not that I want to know any details, I just thought the leaks spilled almost everything. The general story and progression of the game, that is. Speaking of which, why is it that Cloud and the girls seem to be taking their time in the Train Graveyard? If they had just found out that the pillar was coming down, shouldn't they be rushing through as fast as they can and not wasting time exploring/sightseeing/whatever?

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
How canon is BC, anyway? I've heard of it but never followed much of it, and I know its release was extremely limited and it never made it overseas. I don't take it as canon for that reason, but that's just me.

It and Last Order are sort of the black sheep in the Final Fantasy VII family. They have points that intersect with each other and Crisis Core, and yet CC still contradicts it. Which is funny because of how Last Order went out of the way to mess with one of the best moments from the original game. Kind of the reason a lot of people dislike the Compilation, and honestly it is difficult to disagree with them.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Who the hell likes Hojo? We need to get them some help. I kid. In any case, no one should like Hojo. He was a psychopath. That's pretty funny, though.

I love how Hojo is really the big bad of the entire game though. He's sort of the "Littlefinger", the guy who kickstarts every major crisis in the game. So while he is a vile person, I love that he exists.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
It and Last Order are sort of the black sheep in the Final Fantasy VII family. They have points that intersect with each other and Crisis Core, and yet CC still contradicts it. Which is funny because of how Last Order went out of the way to mess with one of the best moments from the original game. Kind of the reason a lot of people dislike the Compilation, and honestly it is difficult to disagree with them.

I love how Hojo is really the big bad of the entire game though. He's sort of the "Littlefinger", the guy who kickstarts every major crisis in the game. So while he is a vile person, I love that he exists.
I agree about Hojo. He's a character that you hate and despise. Which makes it more satisfying to beat him in the end. I love his character for the game and lore of FF7

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato

DoC is another black sheep though, basically half the flock.

Jairus

I agree about Hojo. He's a character that you hate and despise. Which makes it more satisfying to beat him in the end. I love his character for the game and lore of FF7

I agree, he's a good villain and very satisfying to beat. I always take Vincent and Red with me when I fight him. I hope the remake goes with a more calculating and quietly sinister portrayal rather than the cackling, over-the-top comic maniac we got in DoC.

Top Bottom