FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

Remake Part II development is in full swing, spoken from the man himself.

This bit:
Other bits found in the 15 page spread note that (minor spoilers) the new character Roche was meant to appear at some point in chapter 14 to do battle. According to co-director Motomu Toriyama, this character has a high chance of reappearing in the next installment.

It's pretty apparent that he was meant to've showed up again, so I like that this got called out. Also, I liked the removal of the Avalanche Secret Base, to establish Cloud's distant relationship with the group at the time.

X :neo:

Turlast

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Count me as another that was expecting Roche to show up in one of the later chapters. Was really surprised that didn't happen.

Glad to see he'll likely return in the next installment.

The fact that they were unable to go further with the Madam M massage scenes to keep the rating from going up made me lol. I definitely saw the potential for much more there.

I can't wait till we hear more about part 2 of VII.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Wanted to share some thoughts after taking a bit of a break from FF7R.

For me, FF7R lacks a certain "pick up and play" quality I enjoy in other games. I need to be in a "story first" mindset to get into it. This is different from something like DMC5, which I still boot up weekly. DMC5 is great because I can engage with each component I enjoy separately. For example, sometimes I like to test stuff in the training room, sometimes I soak in the environment during a mission. Sometimes I just rewatch cutscenes in the gallery.

I'm not saying that FF7R is inherently bad because it lacks that "pick up and play" quality. My two favorite games are "story first". And I like that FF7R has nontraditional pacing, balancing its "dungeon" and "town" chapters. I just really wish FF7R had a cutscene viewer lol.

Another reason I needed a break is burnout. For two months I consumed and regurgitated everything FF7R. Listening to soundtrack rips at work, organizing my playthrough thoughts in Notepad++, collecting high-quality character renders. After beating the game a third time I desperately needed a taste breaker.

However, I recently watched Game Score Fanfare's excellent soundtrack analysis and could feel those FF7 juices flowing again haha. I already have my next playthrough planned out: fresh save file, enable automatic weapon progression, and NO treasure. Basically I want to make FF7R feel more like an action game, which Tim Rogers has convinced me is what the developers wanted to create all along. This has the benefit of making the game shorter and more challenging. I've also got to do all the side quests. I have a weird thing where I have to make NPCs happy, otherwise I feel wrong.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I have a weird thing where I have to make NPCs happy, otherwise I feel wrong.
A man after my own heart.

4adea851a225e5bf895377e2065cc890.png

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
Wanted to share some thoughts after taking a bit of a break from FF7R.

For me, FF7R lacks a certain "pick up and play" quality I enjoy in other games. I need to be in a "story first" mindset to get into it. This is different from something like DMC5, which I still boot up weekly. DMC5 is great because I can engage with each component I enjoy separately. For example, sometimes I like to test stuff in the training room, sometimes I soak in the environment during a mission. Sometimes I just rewatch cutscenes in the gallery.

I'm not saying that FF7R is inherently bad because it lacks that "pick up and play" quality. My two favorite games are "story first". And I like that FF7R has nontraditional pacing, balancing its "dungeon" and "town" chapters. I just really wish FF7R had a cutscene viewer lol.

Another reason I needed a break is burnout. For two months I consumed and regurgitated everything FF7R. Listening to soundtrack rips at work, organizing my playthrough thoughts in Notepad++, collecting high-quality character renders. After beating the game a third time I desperately needed a taste breaker.

However, I recently watched Game Score Fanfare's excellent soundtrack analysis and could feel those FF7 juices flowing again haha. I already have my next playthrough planned out: fresh save file, enable automatic weapon progression, and NO treasure. Basically I want to make FF7R feel more like an action game, which Tim Rogers has convinced me is what the developers wanted to create all along. This has the benefit of making the game shorter and more challenging. I've also got to do all the side quests. I have a weird thing where I have to make NPCs happy, otherwise I feel wrong.
I feel like I'm in a similar situation - I'm taking a breather after having gone through 5 playthroughs since April and I don't want to be fed up with the game.
Personally, I'm not sure I agree that FF7R lacks a "pick up and play" quality, my personal experience was a little different. I'm on the same page as you about great games being "story first". However, I realized one thing: while the main appeal for playing FF7R for me was about following engaging characters on a good story (and it very much felt like "reconnecting with loved characters"), I found it very easy to keep playing again and again without having a stale experience because the gameplay is so much fun. I really wasn't expecting FF7R to deliver so well in that area.

My last 2 playthrough were about a "paparazzi playthrough", where I aimed to take a shitload of pictures and paying attention to every little details (which was great because you can realize how much the NPCs are talking about quest-related topics) and then a "slick playthrough" where I aimed at making video of the most seamless gameplay I could manage (namely, using combat shortcuts as much as possible, minimizing tactical mode, no crate-breaking, accessing menus as little as possible) - in fact that's very close to the Action-game playthrough you're planning - maybe I should upload some of that stuff (although, it's crappy 720p quality).

Now I'm taking a breather by playing Ghost of Tsushima, which I'd recommend to anyone :)

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
Soldier 1st class, it seems (I haven't watched it myself yet), is saying Part 2 will be rated M? Anyone else have confirmation of that?

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
Soldier 1st class, it seems (I haven't watched it myself yet), is saying Part 2 will be rated M? Anyone else have confirmation of that?

I think the last piece of information about the development of Part 2 was the devs interview for Famitsu and there was nothing there about this as far as I'm aware.

Plus, seeing how they tried to keep Part 1 as "PG friendly" as possible, I think there's very little chance that Part 2 will be any different from Part 1 when it comes to it.

Saven

Pro Adventurer
Games wouldn't be rated this early into production unless the game is ready for release very early next year, which is doubtful since they just started. After the trail of blood being turned into the trail of Mako spilling, I highly doubt they would care to shoot for an M rating for the second game especially since it was a huge hit.

Top Bottom