• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Butterfinger DLC free for everyone.

N2IjuZp.png

rkss

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Me
Didn't ff15 sold 5m on first day or something? FF15 was multi-platformer but still I wouldn't say it's a impressive number for ff7r after 4 months.
Anyway SE' probably happy with 2mil digital sales. Digital copies are more profitable.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
No... FFXV didn't sell 5 million copies on the first day.

It had shipped 5 million copies to retailers globally on release.

Shipped units to retailers, and actual sales of units are not the same thing. Those shipments on the first day are to retailers, and all that figure indicated, was the hype and enthusiasm to sell the product. Retailers were confident in moving the product. Since 2016, FFXV has sold just shy of 9 million copies across all platforms.

FFVII-R has sold 5 million copies since it's release in April. And it's a single platform title.

Yes, that's very impressive. And they haven't even released the PC port and inevitable X-Box port.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
No... FFXV didn't sell 5 million copies on the first day.

It had shipped 5 million copies to retailers globally on release.

Shipped units to retailers, and actual sales of units are not the same thing. Those shipments on the first day are to retailers, and all that figure indicated, was the hype and enthusiasm to sell the product. Retailers were confident in moving the product. Since 2016, FFXV has sold just shy of 9 million copies across all platforms.

FFVII-R has sold 5 million copies since it's release in April. And it's a single platform title.

Yes, that's very impressive. And they haven't even released the PC port and inevitable X-Box port.
Though just to clarify, doesn’t the SquareEnix tweet also just say shipped for the non-digital part of the 5 million? Is there a way to find out how much the non-digital shipped units actually sold?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I took that sentence to mean sales from shipments and actual digital copies, since they were lumped together.

And it's not as if retail establishments are that big a factor anyways, given they were all locked down during it's release date... Meaning the bulk of those physical sales were more than likely made online and then delivered directly to players. Meaning FFVII-R's release and sales success is mostly a reflection of online and digital ordering. Actual physical retailers played a very small role in this given the circumstance.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Final Fantasy VII Remake will be speedrun for charity at Summer Games Done Quick 2020. The time estimate is 6hrs and 40mins. Check out this schedule if you want to watch it (the page auto-detects your timezone, for Australia it starts on Saturday at 5:27pm (also the time is subject to change as some runs go long)).

As part of SGDQ, The Yetee is selling a cool FF7 t-shirt where Cloud's appearance actually changes in the dark. Best to see it for yourself. $5 from every sale goes to Doctors Without Borders.

A_night_4339c362-adf1-4443-b121-c0d60391ca63_640x.png

B_night_ea8bc947-633d-4d2b-aebf-5eb8f0d75df7_640x.png

Top Bottom