FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Demo Out Now!

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Also the game's a month out and has already been basically entirely leaked. I know never underestimate the internet, but...why bother?

I thought the leaks were only partial, with large gaps. At least that's what I've been told here.

Lex

Administrator
I thought the leaks were only partial, with large gaps. At least that's what I've been told here.

They were definitely partial, but there would still be no point in anyone datamining this demo.

We know they're partial regardless, because there are scenes the press saw in their preview that aren't even in the demo (that have either been cut from the demo or added in following the build).

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
They were definitely partial, but there would still be no point in anyone datamining this demo.

We know they're partial regardless, because there are scenes the press saw in their preview that aren't even in the demo (that have either been cut from the demo or added in following the build).

So those scenes the press saw weren't in the leaks, either?

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Otherwise we’re gonna have to create our own like Mr. Ite did. If the collision didn’t stop him.

There are more pylons through the hole so I treated it like hole 1, with hole 2 being the “Yo This Your First Time in a Reactor?” room. Half-time show: BOX SOCCER!! Hole 3 is garbage-bag through the lasers epic mini golf.

When the full game comes out, you bet your ass I’m gonna turn every zone into a 9-hole pitch and putt :wacky:

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
GO MIDGAR ZOLOMS!
football-snake-20969643.jpg

Ite

AKA
Ite
One of the things I was hoping to still see in the remake is still here - leveling up from 6 to 7 (or, onto FFVII!) right after the first fight

That moment gave me no small amount of joy.

Hey I just found this in a Shinra box. Don’t think I got it on my other runs. In the inventory, it’s under key items!

Edit: I found two in one playthrough. I also found way more blue pylons, but there are only TWO black pylons as far as I know. If anyone gets a shot of a black pylon at the hole in the fence, I dub you pylon golf champion.

Attachments

• 1583369796537.jpeg
    1583369796537.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I remember catching wind of a controversy surrounding a "shinra elevator" before. Does that refer to the elevator in the reactor? It certainly took a downgrade in terms of interesting looks, but its hardly a big deal.

Ite

AKA
Ite
I remember catching wind of a controversy surrounding a "shinra elevator" before. Does that refer to the elevator in the reactor? It certainly took a downgrade in terms of interesting looks, but its hardly a big deal.

Maybe it’s a reference to one of two things:

1) when you get into the elevator it cuts to President Shinra watching you in the elevator. This is one of those expanded story things that I’m trying to reserve judgement on, but it IS a big change.

2) the damn slow as fuck lift after the first guard dog fight.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
So, a few things I have heard the MP troopers security officers yell during battle:

"Shit, he's a SOLDIER" (I didn't get to hear the rest as I bashed his face in with the Buster Sword)
"He can use magic?!" "Where did he get the materia?!"

So, from this I think we can take a few things:

1. Not many SOLDIERs are around anymore.
2. Materia might be a lot more rare this time around, given the state of the Planet and all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom