SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

thetriplerhyme

Pro Adventurer
AKA
thetriplerhyme
I actually don’t have an issue with it because it’s supposed to be ironic. The fortune is there to set up the tragedy that is going to occur soon.

- its an ominious warning in my eyes.. even in games there's NOOO WAY you're gonna say THEY'RE PERFECT FOR EACH AND HAVE BRIGHT FUTURE. Even back then i knew something is bout to happened.

And of course are you gonna believe in robot's shinra spy?? are you serious??

Empyrea

Pro Adventurer
Well, it does serve a purpose.

I actually don’t have an issue with it because it’s supposed to be ironic. The fortune is there to set up the tragedy that is going to occur soon.

It’s ironic because it’s completely wrong. So if CA don’t have a bright future like Cait Sith says than even “poor Tifa” should be taken in reverse as well.

The problem is, people that use it as CA evidence completely miss the irony of the scene.

My only issue with it is that it just comes across as mean-spirited if Tifa is in the party. So I never bring her along.
Ah, that definitely is a thing it did in hindsight. At the moment, I just saw it as a gigantic warning flag. I dunno, it came off as a Tempting Fate moment to me xP

But yeah, I also never brought Tifa along for that one. Red was always my go-to as my third member in OG for that one.

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
I think Aerith just calls everything a date lol
I've mentioned it in previous post
Even with Zack in Crisis Core, what Zack doesnt consider a date is a date for Aerith.
God please tell me that scene is not still in Rebirth because I despise it.
the CA prediction~ I'm praying in all energy in the world pleeeeaasse have that remove!!!!!
This doesnt exist, Cait Sith just come in a rush to sacrifice himself and everyone run to escape.

starcape91

Pro Adventurer
AKA
starcape91
I'm on the costa del sol date with Aerith and.... wow. Cloud is either really dense or just very much not flirty with her. Like, yas, girl, go on and give us nothing... lol
I just finished it and was literally writing up my thoughts when you posted, haha.

I just did the sidequest where you go on a "date" with Aerith in Costa del Sol - this is after the main questline is done in this location. Aerith is teasing Cloud relentlessly and trying to get him to say something romantic, and Cloud just...can't take the hint. He is completely oblivious. He's not rude like he was in Remake, so he's grown some which is good, but it seriously seems like the type of stuff that would add up in Aerith's head, slowly, that they're not particularly compatible - at least not in terms of "regular couple stuff". He shuts down a lot of banter, not maliciously, but just out of total cluelessness. I definitely see now how people were saying she's trying to figure out her feelings about Cloud during this game. When you combine these things + the church scene, it sounds like she realizes that while she does care about him a lot, he's no Zack. If that's the case (and I haven't seen all of their sidequests yet, I'm sure) then maybe these "dates" are a good way of showing this instead of waiting until Zack pops up and she's like "Oh, I actually love Zack more. kbai Cloud." It could also help contribute killing the angle that Cloud and Aerith would've been perfect had she not died.

I think Aerith would've had an awesome time with Zack here though. I'd love to see them feed off of each other's energy and enthusiasm. Anyway, I'd be interested to see if it's like this in the original Japanese. It's actually pretty humorous.

Last edited:

r_monk

Pro Adventurer
AKA
RM
Could someone summarize or describe Aerith and Zack's dynamic from Crisis Core? It's been a million years since I played, so I hardly remember anything about how their relationship develops. It's clear Zack is on her mind in Rebirth but I feel like I'm missing a lot of context, especially in contrast to her dynamic with Cloud.

AncientGrimoire

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Grim
Apparently what Aerith mouths to Tifa (that isn’t subtitled) in Gongaga after the scene where Yuffie and Cait Sith interrupt Cloud and Tifa is “I’m happy for you”

Knowing she says this to Tifa and Tifa only makes it seem she is still a lowkey shipper on deck for Cloud and Tifa like she was in Remake. It also sort of changes the context of a lot of her scenes with Cloud after Gongaga.

faefolk

Pro Adventurer
Apparently what Aerith mouths to Tifa (that isn’t subtitled) in Gongaga after the scene where Yuffie and Cait Sith interrupt Cloud and Tifa is “I’m happy for you”

Knowing she says this to Tifa and Tifa only makes it seem she is still a lowkey shipper on deck for Cloud and Tifa like she was in Remake. It also sort of changes the context of a lot of her scenes with Cloud after Gongaga.
Just saying that the discourse around this bit is weird because they're speaking in Japanese so it's low key impossible to see what she's mouthing unless it's a Japanese speakers lip reading and translating it.

faefolk

Pro Adventurer
Could someone summarize or describe Aerith and Zack's dynamic from Crisis Core? It's been a million years since I played, so I hardly remember anything about how their relationship develops. It's clear Zack is on her mind in Rebirth but I feel like I'm missing a lot of context, especially in contrast to her dynamic with Cloud.
Very playful and matched in energy.. both are very lively and playful with one another. So well matched. But you also get the more serious scenes of Zack speaking about what is troubling him and Aerith comforting him. Love, love it. Honestly the most healthy relationship dynamic in the franchise haha.

r_monk

Pro Adventurer
AKA
RM
Very playful and matched in energy.. both are very lively and playful with one another. So well matched. But you also get the more serious scenes of Zack speaking about what is troubling him and Aerith comforting him. Love, love it. Honestly the most healthy relationship dynamic in the franchise haha.
Thank you so much. Yeah the date felt like they weren't matched in energy; neither of them reading the other and responding in like. Which is fine! But made me a little sad lol. I wanted them to have some fun...

AncientGrimoire

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Grim
I think Aerith and Zack change each other, for the better.

A lot of Zack’s changes and development do run parallel to the main story events in Crisis Core, but a huge part of what causes his change is his relationship with Aerith. It in part helps him not only mature and reevaluate a lot of what his “dreams” are especially in regards to being a hero (a nice parallel I might add to Cloud being a hero for Tifa) but also his attitudes and loyalty to Shinra and SOLDIER

Aerith is also majorly influenced by her time spent with Zack (this is controversial to some, that a lot of what we knew of Aerith from the original was inspired or drawn from Zack’s outgoing personality)

The Aerith we meet in Crisis Core is very similar to the Aerith in Traces of Two Pasts. She’s very alone and having gone through a lot by this point, and then in drops Zack the puppy. Zack’s offer of one date is mimicked almost exactly by Aerith years later when she presents the offer to Cloud.

Zack helps draw out Aerith’s confidence and spark, and over the course of Crisis Core’s story he helps to also draw Aerith out from the church and sector 5 slums and up onto the plate helping her on her journey to be the Aerith we know from the original

We see glimpses of this part of Aerith’s character actually still in Remake and Rebirth (it’s this sort of gentleness and incorruptible sweetness that was argued as flanderising her character later on in other appearances in Kingdom Hearts for example much in the same way Cloud’s moodiness came to define his character), a lot of her fun and flirtatious mischief making and quirks could be maybe seen as a mask or a way to help her cope with all the hardship she’s had to deal with (including losing Zack)

This is all just my take on their story and character development, so if anyone disagrees please point out and add to anything that might need correcting but this was always how I saw it

shady

Pro Adventurer

In German it's subtitled as "Ein Gluck!" it seems but I don't know why it would be subbed in German and not only other languages or anything.. I also don't know any German but apparently it's likened to luck or happiness or something?

52F48074-604D-457A-97B9-CE81879D3AB7.jpg

thetriplerhyme

Pro Adventurer
AKA
thetriplerhyme
- and one most recent one i can't seemed to deny anymore is her take on jessie's that's.. just off..

btw I heard that this is the correct translation on jessie's

With Maaya-chan's voice we can imagine its definitely tone down. Do you think Briana's a bit uptone on this one?? hmmm
context is the same but not that annoying.

1709516531594.png

JaeKony

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JaeKony
In German it's subtitled as "Ein Gluck!" it seems but I don't know why it would be subbed in German and not only other languages or anything.. I also don't know any German but apparently it's likened to luck or happiness or something?

View attachment 14727
A friend I have who speaks German says that it means, “How Lucky!”

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
This isn't coming from a place of maliciousness, but delusion. People start from a position of "CA is canon and is the singular most important part of the entire Final Fantasy VII franchise" and reinterpret (but mostly just ignore) everything else in light of that.
Funny enough, before I played the OG, I'd read that CA is canon. I 100% believed this to be true because I had no reason to think otherwise. I was also aware that Cloud is still alive at the end of the game. So there I was playing the game and then got to the part where Aerith died and I immediately realised that CA wasn't endgame. I didn't even need to see the CT stuff.
btw I heard that this is the correct translation on jessie's

With Maaya-chan's voice we can imagine its definitely tone down. Do you think Briana's a bit uptone on this one?? hmmm
context is the same but not that annoying.

View attachment 14728
That's the impression I got of Jessie/Cloud too. And considering Jessie and Aerith mirrored each other a lot in Remake, I think it's also hinting that Aerith's teasing towards Cloud isn't that serious either? Like, he's the kind of kid that girls like to tease because his reactions are fun? Never mind that Aerith calls everything a date, lol.

But to be honest, I never understood why people thought CA was canon even in the OG and even less so in Remake. In Remake, there's basically only one instance where Cloud even seems to be aware that Aerith is a girl and that's the optional "best dress" scene. (Best dress is in quotes because I liked her other two dresses more.)

thetriplerhyme

Pro Adventurer
AKA
thetriplerhyme
But to be honest, I never understood why people thought CA was canon even in the OG and even less so in Remake. In Remake, there's basically only one instance where Cloud even seems to be aware that Aerith is a girl and that's the optional "best dress" scene. (Best dress is in quotes because I liked her other two dresses more.)

- this is futher proof that when Claudia says she wanted a mature girl for Cloud ~ she's definitely referring to TIFA. Unlinke what they all claim before.

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
Could someone summarize or describe Aerith and Zack's dynamic from Crisis Core? It's been a million years since I played, so I hardly remember anything about how their relatiip develops. It's clear Zack is on her mind in Rebirth but I feel like I'm missing a lot of context, especially in contrast to her dynamic with Cloud.
Just like what Nojima describes, they fall in love in the first sight. A romance that sparks quick.

Zack think Aerith turn down his one date offer, but she says "Yup" when he tease that she just wanna spend more time with him. Aerith consider this a date while Zack still think Aerith has no interest in him till he bought a ribbon. Here, Aerith is very initiative to lead Zack and he follows. She teases Zack all around, and we see in the DMW that she is mad at him.
Before they part, Zack use "us/ours" not "you and me" to describe their flower business. Which I feel he put Aerith into a relationship he sees the future with; not a mere going on several dates.

Other than their cuteness, they mirror in each others. We know that Aerith suffers loneliness because she's a weird girl then comes Zack who encourage her in everything. This is what Aerith EN VA said:
Zack gave Aerith permission to be not normal, goofy, sassy, silly and through loving him, she comes to embraced that part of her own personality we see her in FFVII Remake.

But Zack is lonely too after Angeal is gone. He may put a brave face to teach the new recruited SOLDIERS but his heart is not in Shinra anymore, questioning what does he fight for. In email, Kunsel notices his somber and offer Zack to talk with him, but he also notices that Zack meet Aerith a lot. It feels like Zack distancing himself from everyone in Shinra, even to his bestfriend, and only Aerith who could heal him (Nomura says Zack looks for healing in the church). Only to Aerith whom he could be himself, whether in strong or vulnerable self (like when he's crying over Angeal's death in her arms). This is what Aerith JP VA said
Zack and Aerith are similar in that behind their light, lies a loneliness they both carry, that perhaps was the point that resonates in Aerith.

Idk how to summarize it all lol. But as @AncientGrimoire posted above; they bring the best of each others.

Last edited:

shady

Pro Adventurer
So it's pretty much academic at this point right? A kiss is a kiss, you can't really argue that.
Yeah about that.. this is where we are currently at with that.

It was a kiss out of jealousy because he was jealous of Aeriths feelinfs for Zack
It was a rebound kiss
It was a pity kiss
It was a friendly kiss
Cloud didn’t want to do it look at his face
It was just fanservice by the devs
Doesn’t matter It’s optional
Doesn’t matter he interlaces fingers with Aerith
Doesn’t matter because of the Ending
The scene is not referenced in the credits so it’s not canon

Therr’s also more, pick your poison.

Last edited:

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer

It was a kiss out of jealousy because he was jealous of Aeriths feelinfs for Zack
It was a rebound kiss
It was a pity kiss
It was a friendly kiss

Seriously? Please make it stop...

Empyrea

Pro Adventurer
- this is futher proof that when Claudia says she wanted a mature girl for Cloud ~ she's definitely referring to TIFA. Unlinke what they all claim before.
You mean people actually argued for that? Even without ToTP, what gave them that impression? Aerith's age?
No offense, but between Tifa and Aerith, it's no contest who's more mature. Which isn't to say Aerith is childish, but she also sure as hell isn't mature most of the time.

Empyrea

Pro Adventurer

It was a rebound kiss
It was a pity kiss
It was a friendly kiss

If those are their counterarguments, then they can have Cloud :mon:
My girl dservers better (hell, even Aerith would, in that case).

thetriplerhyme

Pro Adventurer
AKA
thetriplerhyme
You mean people actually argued for that? Even without ToTP, what gave them that impression? Aerith's age?
No offense, but between Tifa and Aerith, it's no contest who's more mature. Which isn't to say Aerith is childish, but she also sure as hell isn't mature most of the time.
- oh they're fighting nail and tooth for it~
They keep on telling cloti's to stop twisting word and what "claudia' actually meant hahaha

Imagine this is happened in remake Cloud's sleeping in Aerith's place. He's sleeping, dreamed of his mother who told him her ideal girl for him. Woke up with stars on his eyes and wanted to go back to Sector 7? Why? Because its TIFA!

claudia.gif

Empyrea

Pro Adventurer
It's probably the placement, yeah.
But wasn't this also followed (or preceeded) by Aerith booby trapping the house in case Cloud wanted to sneak out?

Top Bottom