SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Nal

Pro Adventurer
I think it’s a good decision to end the LTD, especially now that we have gaps between installments and there needs to be more of a setup for what will eventually happen later. Better to end it so they can show the scenes they want without constantly having to make it as ambiguous as possible,
It is great to end it but its
very brutal on Aerith im not gonna lie here

r_monk

Pro Adventurer
AKA
RM
It is great to end it but its
very brutal on Aerith im not gonna lie here
Without revealing too much, is it still brutal despite the apparent difference in the japanese and english translations?

Nal

Pro Adventurer
The problem is the fortune itself. Cait Sith says (paraphrasing because it’s been so long), that Aerith and Cloud are compatible and poor Tifa.

But in the same fortune, he also states they have a great future together… which can’t be true since she dies in a matter of days. So it’s a red herring.
Yeah it seems the hardcore shippers dont really understand storytelling unless it fits there Bias

Nal

Pro Adventurer
Without revealing too much, is it still brutal despite the apparent difference in the japanese and english translations?
Clouds dialogue is slightly different Aeriths reaction is the same either way though but that conversation is not the worst bit.
Japanese is a lot more brutal its what happens before this conversation thats yeah

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Hmm... I'm not sure. I'm inclined to agree somewhat, but I do think the original did want to frame Cloud x Aerith as a tragic couple that never was. I do think that he had feelings for her in the early portion of the game, albeit ones that were a bit confused and jumbled due to his messed up mental state and identity crisis (which also spilled over into Aerith's perception of him).

I think yeah, maybe, it was a slight misdirection in light of how Cloud and TIfa's relationship later deepens and all that's revealed about young Cloud's feelings that he happened to forget. I don't know! I'm of two minds. I think the original was a slightly different game/story in that sense. Goes back to my whole spiel about overlapping love and unexpected developments + retroactive realizations. I think all of it is true and possible and wonderfully messy even if Tifa was the one he ultimately ended up with.
I agree. I think there definitely is a burgeoning romance between Cloud and Aerith. I think that’s what causes her loss to be so tragic. But I also simultaneously feel like it was meant to a red herring of sorts, when we start seeing more of Cloud’s identity and realize that he had really strong feelings for Tifa that the Jenova Cells kept buried underneath his psyche.

shady

Pro Adventurer
I honestly think they may have gone a bit to far with this. Its one thing i dont agree with even if they did end The LTD with it
To be honest i would normally agree but actually if it finally drives home the message then it was far enough, whatever it takes at this point cause this shit has gone on for too long

No they use that as evidence the fortune
which may or may not be in this game
It isn’t in the game, instead its just Cloud will “lose something” nothing about Aerith or their future together

Nal

Pro Adventurer
I agree. I think there definitely is a burgeoning romance between Cloud and Aerith. I think that’s what causes her loss to be so tragic. But I also simultaneously feel like it was meant to a red herring of sorts, when we start seeing more of Cloud’s identity and realize that he had really strong feelings for Tifa that the Jenova Cells kept buried underneath his psyche.
Yeah thats what worked in Og because it was one game and it was great with Remake since its 3 games they have changed a lot about that and Clouds soldier personality in this game in not gonna sugarcoat it is
Obsessed with Tifa

r_monk

Pro Adventurer
AKA
RM
Oh, yeah. I don't disagree with this at all. I think I was just caught up on the definition of 'red herring,' because I see it more as a really cool narrative swerve.

Legend45

Pro Adventurer
On Aerith's date, Cloud straight up asks if she talked to Tifa and she lies to him. Because they are both lying since they

From what I’ve read so far it sounds brutal and makes me feel bad for aerith
I'm very nervous for her scenes in the final segment because from what we have heard so far her justice is just not even close to the OG. But I need to be open minded so we will see

Nal

Pro Adventurer
I'm very nervous for her scenes in the final segment because from what we have heard so far her justice is just not even close to the OG. But I need to be open minded so we will see
Its very interesting; some people will love it, some will despise it but it certainly raises discussion and, in my opinion, makes her a very interesting character who feels more human, especially compared to end of remake Aerith, where they went a bit to far on her being knowledgeable

Legend45

Pro Adventurer
Its very interesting; some people will love it, some will despise it but it certainly raises discussion and, in my opinion, makes her a very interesting character who feels more human, especially compared to end of remake Aerith, where they went a bit to far on her being knowledgeable
If I remember correctly some of those future memories were taken away near the end right?

starcape91

Pro Adventurer
AKA
starcape91
Has there been any confirmation about whether the Sector 5 dream date changes based on affinity points? Or the scene in the church when Cloud and Aerith hug?

Last edited:

shady

Pro Adventurer
Has there been any confirmation about whether the Sector 5 dream date changes based on affinity points? Or the scene in the church when Cloud and Aerith hug?
The only thing known to change between HA and LA is a line of dialogue Cloud says to her

In HA
ENG its something like “Yes, lets” (about making new memories”
JP i actually dont know but believe its something similar

In LA
ENG - Yeah, why not
JP and other languages variations of - We’re friends aren’t we?

Nothing else seems to change

Reactions: Nal

rkss

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Me
I think sleeping forest scene
is aeris trying to bring out real cloud but ultimately fail.

Whenever you see it as romantic is another story

Nal

Pro Adventurer
or 5 dream date changes based on affinity points? Or the scene in the church when Cloud and Aerith hug?

The only thing known to change between HA and LA is a line of dialogue Cloud says to her

In HA
ENG its something like “Yes, lets” (about making new memories”
JP i actually dont know but believe its something similar

In LA
ENG - Yeah, why not
JP and other languages variations of - We’re friends aren’t we?

Nothing else seems to change
interesting, so HA and LA have no difference; i only knew about the change between languages.
It is very interesting that no matter what affection, it is not different. They really did want to reveal clouds feelings here then no matter what. Though Aeriths reaction cant put it any more clear

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I thought affinity didn't change any scenes beyond the Gold Saucer date? Or is that unconfirmed?

starcape91

Pro Adventurer
AKA
starcape91
Aerith reacts with the same expression and line whether Cloud says “Yes, lets” or “Why not?”

And what about Cloud repeating the line of NPtK “Believe we can be together” or something in the HA version?
Was that false or no one knows for sure yet?

shady

Pro Adventurer
I thought affinity didn't change any scenes beyond the Gold Saucer date? Or is that unconfirmed?
It seems to just change a line of dialogue but the rest of the scene remains the same, everybody will no doubt speculate and interpret as to why this is. Regardless in English Aerith replies something akin to

“Oh I guess I at least know where we stand then” or something very similar

Now I don’t know about you but if you’re a native English speaker this is not the kind of response you give to somebody who positively acknowledges the feelings you are trying to convey.

Hound me if you must but that’s what I take from that line.

Edited to include spoiler tags - Mod.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nal

Pro Adventurer
Aerith reacts with the same expression and line whether Cloud says “Yes, lets” or “Why not?”

And what about Cloud repeating the line of NPtK “Believe we can be together” or something in the HA version?
Was that false or no one knows for sure yet?
That would have been one of the worst writing choices in history if that were true. Especially with the whole context of the scene and Aeriths reaction

starcape91

Pro Adventurer
AKA
starcape91
That would have been one of the worst writing choices in history if that were true. Especially with the whole context of the scene and Aeriths reaction
According to the “leak”
Cloud says it when they hug. It sounds pretty weird to me?
However I think this same person was caught lying about a
flashback during Tifa’s date in which Aerith confesses to Tifa that she’s in love with Cloud.

Nal

Pro Adventurer
It seems to just change a line of dialogue but the rest of the scene remains the same, everybody will no doubt speculate and interpret as to why this is. Regardless in English Aerith replies something akin to

“Oh I guess I at least know where we stand then” or something very similar

Now I don’t know about you but if you’re a native English speaker this is not the kind of response you give to somebody who positively acknowledges the feelings you are trying to convey.

Hound me if you must but that’s what I take from that line.
its also how sad she looks and her tone when saying this. No one would be sad if they thought i know where we stand was mutual feelings.

Nal

Pro Adventurer
According to the “leak”
Cloud says it when they hug. It sounds pretty weird to me?
However I think this same person was caught lying about a
flashback during Tifa’s date in which Aerith confesses to Tifa that she’s in love with Cloud.
Clouds hug is not romantic its very awkward and its more like a farewell

Top Bottom