SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
I think it's more he's unconscious they found them At the bottom she looks at Cloud then walks away with Aerith while Barrett picks him up. It's just weird to show her not even go towards him at the start to check on him.

Well.. Cloud is supposed to be Captain America. So I think she's more afraid for Aerith (someone who can't take long walk in the story itself lol) and as we can see from his POV, his eyes are opened and following the scene, so I think they can see he's alive. He's just in his "mako overdose" state.

Plus Aerith is on him. So you have to take her first before watching over Cloud's body.

LunarTarotGirl

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lunarae
I think it's more he's unconscious they found them At the bottom she looks at Cloud then walks away with Aerith while Barrett picks him up. It's just weird to show her not even go towards him at the start to check on him.
This reminds me of in Remake when they're in Aerith's room in the Shinra building and the whispers just start attacking Aerith and Tifa pulls her out while Cloud and Barrett just look a her like "huh, that's happening."

This happened in some points in Rebirth too where dangerous things happen and characters may not even comment.

I think sometimes the devs just forget to have characters react to scenes.

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
This reminds me of in Remake when they're in Aerith's room in the Shinra building and the whispers just start attacking Aerith and Tifa pulls her out while Cloud and Barrett just look a her like "huh, that's happening."

This happened in some points in Rebirth too where dangerous things happen and characters may not even comment.

I think sometimes the devs just forget to have characters react to scenes.
Yeah it's a nitpick but it really annoys me XD

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
Well.. Cloud is supposed to be Captain America. So I think she's more afraid for Aerith (someone who can't take long walk in the story itself lol) and as we can see from his POV, his eyes are opened and following the scene, so I think they can see he's alive. He's just in his "mako overdose" state.

Plus Aerith is on him. So you have to take her first before watching over Cloud's body.
That's true though Aerith does stand up pretty quickly idk Im still annoyed at the complete lack of reaction to Cloud surviving the fall in sector 5 the Cloud I thought we lost you was all we got.

LunarTarotGirl

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lunarae
Even Clouds reaction to finding Aerith in the lab in remake was really weird just a you came yep then Tifa reacts the most to her being fine
Omg. Yes that too. He was just about ready to storm the building talking to Elmyra like we gotta save her!! Then he saves her with zero reaction.

I understand he is SOLDIER persona and all but I honestly just think the devs forget to have characters react to things..

imach0c0

Pro Adventurer
Omg. Yes that too. He was just about ready to storm the building talking to Elmyra like we gotta save her!! Then he saves her with zero reaction.

I understand he is SOLDIER persona and all but I honestly just think the devs forget to have characters react to things..
Its what makes some scenes jarring and "out of character" because most of scenes with how the characters act in the game is not like that. It sometimes makes it even more confusing with how to read Cloud specifically because of his multiple personalities.

nepheneethedestroyer

Lv. 25 Adventurer
(Personally, I still have fun with it, but I acknowledge it could have been better).

I don't looove ACC, and I find the English localization and performances in some places to be very poor, but when Tifa says "you don't like being alone, you need to let people in. You never pick up the phone, but I don't see you throwing it away, either" (or whatever, I'm paraphrasing), that's straight fire

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I don’t think true Cloud comes out if Tifa isn’t involved. We have in Rebirth a pretty long chain of side quests where Cloud takes some stupid poses and takes pictures himself. It’s the start of his interest for photography and in the dream date he’s finally interested by something- which is why he’s also pissed the photographer didn’t take their picture.

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
Its what makes some scenes jarring and "out of character" because most of scenes with how the characters act in the game is not like that. It sometimes makes it even more confusing with how to read Cloud specifically because of his multiple personalities.
It's worse when it's not Cloud who should be reacting because theres no excuse then XD thank god for the Tiiiiiiffffffaaaaa XD, also the Aerith loudish voice at the end of the dream date when he's pushed

nars305

🎵 I am so, so bored 🎶
I don't looove ACC, and I find the English localization and performances in some places to be very poor, but when Tifa says "you don't like being alone, you need to let people in. You never pick up the phone, but I don't see you throwing it away, either" (or whatever, I'm paraphrasing), that's straight fire
In Japanese, when she hits him with that “zuru zuru”…

PERFECTION.

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
Like @null said, it's probably best not to count our eggs before they've hatched. We don't necessarily know for sure what the writers will do.

Otherwise, it would be a repeat of the CA reaction to the NPTK trailer in which serious bait happened.
Of course, but the Clerith bait didn't really work this time, I can't really see it happening again to a large extent.

I will be shocked if the lifestream sequence isn't somewhat front and centre of the marketing. They know people are invested in Cloud and Tifa, surely they'll play off that, right?

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
Am I the youngest here?
Your lawn is nicer.😁
I think I've got you beat.

You're going to have to do better than that😌
They better get rid of that optional Highwind affection i swear to god at this point, it makes sense with the story. just let everyone experience that actual narrative lets end this crap debate which i don't even think helps the game. Just let the people accept the story being told. If you wrote the story and characters feelings this way show it in the main story with no options!
I hope so, they have the opportunity to actually display how close Cloud and Tifa are post LS and HW, since it's only a bit of dialogue and a scene at Cosmo Canyon that we're working with from the OG.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Of course, but the Clerith bait didn't really work this time, I can't really see it happening again to a large extent.

I will be shocked if the lifestream sequence isn't somewhat front and centre of the marketing. They know people are invested in Cloud and Tifa, surely they'll play off that, right?
I’d be shocked if the Lifestream scene is part of the promo. It’s one of the things they should want to hide.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
It will be teased but there are many things they’ll want to show off. Rebirth’s marketing was a disaster because they listened to people who kept asking about Aerith’s fate so they centred their marketing around that, but there are so many cool things in p3 to market that they should avoid the big plot thing.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I feel like as every day goes by the arguments in the LTD just get crazier and crazier…
It comes in waves, honestly. But it's always especially bad right after new information drops because the crazy hasn't had time to settle into an official "party approved" form of bullshit so you get all sorts of crazy, like the hand holding being the sign of lovers over kissing (For the record, I can find zero reference to hand holding being referred to as Koibito Tsunagi, the literal translation of which is 'becoming lovers)

To be honest, it's always the same takes. They just run their arguments over and over again.

Tomorrow it will be somthing about :
  • Tifa being a bully
  • Tifa and Cloud not being close
  • They're not a couple in AC
  • Tifa is just a character to please western players
  • Tifa is not useful for the LS scene
  • Game setting up insane plot twist because Aerith and Cloud is the endgame
  • Next game is Mass Effect. Choose your ending
  • Aerith broke up with Zack so the only ending possible is Clerith
Don't forget such gems as "Aerith sent Denzel to Cloud so he's their child, not Cloud and Tifa's", "Barret/ the family of friends prove Cloud and Tifa aren't together" and one of my perennial favorites " the summer and winter monkeys in the FFX monkey matching minigame are evidence of Cloud and Aerith belonging together.

What kind of geezer posts the same shit for 20 years. glances around furtively

Come to think of it, we got bored and raided GameFAQs one day. I think we brought you back with us afterward at some point.
Yep, that's how you yanked me onto ACF. Now you're making me remember the other forum I belonged to at the time, Eyes on Final Fantasy and this one poster's crackpot FF8 theory about "well organized time compression" and how all the playable characters were actually related to each other as parent and child and grandchild. It made R=U and Squall is Dead look practically sane.

Ah, memories https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/197341-final-fantasy-vii/45198720

@Isabella wherever you are, you'll get a kick out of it. (Just don't log in and blame me for falling off the LTD-free wagon.)
Oh Daflock. Change. Seriously. do it yesterday. He and Drake Clawfang are still hanging around on the FF7 boards over there.

Oh and this is a must-read for any LTD junkie who'd like to be DESTROYED with FACTS and LOGIC
I think being mad at shit being said on ACF was responsible for at least a few of those counterarguments going up there.

It's been raging for 27 years. This is why I hope Part 3 has a definitive conclusion. It's gone on long enough.

Also, damn... I was twelve in 2007. I'm getting old, man.
I was 23.

On the topic of old forum members, I'm guessing the name "Vendel" will ring a bell with some people here.

They're still active on twitter to this day, for anyone curious.
Still full of piss and vinegar with no off switch?

How hard did you try not to touch the poop? Did you strain until you broke or just say fuck it let's mosey?
I held out for awhile, but I intervened out of worry someone else might swallow the bullshit.

Ooo that's a new one for me. So the interview was "real" and the setting a joke? That's a cute little blatant lie.
Of course it is. But they need to protect their 'sources' even if they're hilariously fake and wrong.

[quotee]Might as well just say "This is a CxA echo chamber talk about CxA or GTFO."[/quote]
That's basically what the mod who locked the thread said.

That's a helluva ratio, something to keep in mind when someone makes a bullshit appeal to popularity.
It's not even a percentage point of the other subreddit's numbers.

I've heard, if and when it becomes plausible I'll definitely take it under advisement.
I'd start with LTTP rando before moving on to crazier stuff.

The world shudders from fear at the prospect of those two ever meeting.
People would spontaneously start dying before they even did anything.

Ahhh right. Now I can enjoy both, so that's nice.
Welk.

To be fair, I might just have pretty intense radiation sickness and be hallucinating :monster:
Have you been cuddling the uranium at night again?

Sounds about right. I'd like to suggest Yuffie was this close to finishing once.
But even with her ninja clones she couldn't quite manage.

I like Aerith/Heavy, I think I'd make Cait play Sniper just for the sight of the kitty with a huge rifle. The Moogle makes a decent sniper nest.
You hear that fan artists? Get to drawin'.

Scout is never outclassed in his own mind. Or when there's a really good Scout-main at the controls, for that matter, but that's beside the point.
His mind is where most of the problem lies, however.

I imagine Cloud going over his sword with a whetstone, Barret swabbing the barrels on his gun, Tifa working the heavy bag, etc when he comes over to meet the gang. Just wordless expressions of capability and potential intent to sweat the poor kid.
Even Marlene trying to be menacing.

We get enough deliberate dumb in the LTD, methinks.
It's an entirely different kind of dumb, however.

Both groups seem to have some difficulty with reality for one.
That's an understatement.

It's true as fuck of being a dad.
You're the expert here.

Is AC worth watching ? The current consensus is it's kind of a shitty movie.
It's not great, but ACC is a good fun spectacle. Read the backstory stuff and play Crisis Core.
Advent Children basic should only be watched with the parody subs I wrote in college.

Which Sephiroth is which. Since he seems to be doing a lot more wihtout a physical body than you would assume. And the black materia oh dear god so ones a key to the real one that we give to Sephiroth and then he somehow finds the real one and gives it to Cloud. Yet why does he need Cloud at that point if he can travel through the lifestream. HELP XD
There is a visual difference in the static between the two.

As for needing the black Materia, I think the temple still is the real black materia and Sephiroth still needs it so his Retrilogy self can cast meteor and begin apotheosing. This might be a requite for his world travel BS.

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
I just saw some crazy takes because I've worked it out fanatics don't understand what retconning is. I was talking about how maiden isn't canon because Zack isn't a womanizer and it's been retconned on a Reddit post. This person replied saying it's still canon because OG FF7 and crisis core tried to retcon it. I'm sorry like moron there is no try in a retcon XD. Here's a new take. They think the water tower scene with Aerith is Cloud saying he had a crush on Tifa but has now moved on since it mimicks Aerith talking about her first love on the playground. How you can play that game and say that man doesn't have at least a crush on Tifa is insane. Not to mention his face when Tifa does wave at him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom