Mass Effect Series

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
STILL

Kev: for reference, if you don't do wrex's armor quest, there is an event on Virmire that has a few alternate endings based on dialogue wheel choices :monster:

everyone else: once he gets to ME2 SAY NOTHING THAT WILL AFFECT THE THING WHEN YOU GO THROUGH THE THING TO THE PLACE

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Just did Garrus' personal mission, finishing up the rest of the side missions now and then it's off to Virmire for some plot advancing goodness :monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Just did Garrus' personal mission, finishing up the rest of the side missions now and then it's off to Virmire for some plot advancing goodness :monster:
You're about to meet the (second?) most badass Salarian there ever was. Virmire is awesome.

Except for that one bit with the thing and the stuff.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'm not a big believer in save-scumming on a first play through, especially with a Bioware game. Owning your decisions is such a big part of the narrative, even if it's not your ideal/perfect outcome.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
I'm on Earth's moon now.

...Eat your heart out Buzz!

Incidentally, can you find the flag they planted up there? That'd be neat :monster:

Lex

Administrator
Ignore him and make a pre-Virmire save Keveh. You don't have to use it, but you might want to.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I have faith Kev won't give in. This is a man whose chosen form of entertainment is a rubiks cube.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast

Except, y'know, they aren't playing Mass Effect, but the gist of it's the same :monster:

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Hwah! HWAHAHAHA! I just beat a Thresher Maw! TAKE THAT YOU SCARY FUCKIN' WORM!

Also, the Assignment missions are really feckin' repetitive. And there's a ton of them. Sweet Jaysus.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Still wittling away at the side missions before Virmire. I was making good headway until I came onto this "geth activities" quest, where you have to go and take down a bunch of geth on four different planets. Got to the third one and then had another genius moment where I didn't save at all since arriving on the planet, and of course I died, sending me back to the autosave at the very start of the planet.

I sighed me one weary feckin' sigh at that point. Was my completely my own fault, o' course, was more fecked off with my own stupidity than anything else. But a break from the side missions was needed so I haven't really gone near it this past week or so.

I'll probably get back on the horse at some point next week and plough on until I beat it :monster:

Multiple folks are swearing to me that ME2's side missions are miles better. There's nothing much wrong with ME1's side missions, but they're immensely repetitive and kind of tedious after a while.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I agree - that's why I only do the ones that have an effect on the other two games, which is about a dozen or so.

Fortunately, the one you're on (Geth Incursions, I believe?) is almost over, and DOES effect the second game :D

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Alright, I think I've completed every side mission. Off to Virmire!

EDIT: Just discovered another one in the Styx Theta area. Fuck it, still going to Virmire!

Last edited:

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Managed to talk Wrex down, total bummer about the genophage situation. Wrex should be allowed to spread that sexy reptilian audio chocolate that is his voice

EDIT: AGHHHH! Kaiden or Ashley!? Is whoever I pick gonna die? Feck sake! This feckin' game is wreckin' my soul ¬_¬

Last edited:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Save Kaidan, he's a bro. Ashley is just a bitch and trust me the series has got more interesting bitches than her.

Top Bottom