Mass Effect Series

Lex

Administrator
I want to know why people in this thread have already seen this and not posted it, why were you dropped on your head as a child answer me.

Anyway:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
In preparation for the new game coming out, I'm playing the trilogy again in full. That's including the DLC and every side quest known to the series. I'm enjoying it so far and have been playing as mShep, who'll be seducing Ashley and killing off Kaiden and inevitably seducing Miranda in ME2.

I've just got Liara and now I'm doing various side quests across the galaxy. Somehow, controlling the Mako isn't as bad as I remember... :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Just finished the first game for the 1337th time, onwards with screwing Miranda the second game. :monster:

Lex

Administrator
Some new info

* There are 'several highly advanced alien races' we'll meet in Andromeda

* Barrier can now deflect projectiles at foes

* Powers have individual cooldowns

* Blades confirmed as a craftable melee weapon (we already knew hammers)

* After a couple of encounters with the Kett, you'll be able to craft some of their technology (they use plasma guns)

* Crafting is entirely optional, not important to the story

* Based upon your dialogue choices, there can be tensions in the team

* You see planets and stars fly by from the Tempest's bridge, all windows on the ship give a view of your current location on the galaxy map

* 'Interrupts' are not paragon/renegade, but 'disarm' for example (it's a strategic choice, not a moral)

* You'll be able to understand the Kett motivations, they're more nuanced as an enemy

* There's a whole separate storyline besides the Kett

* The Kett were originally designed to be completely nude, but it was awkward in cutscenes

* All squad members have a loyalty mission (they seem to be 'a string of objectives' rather than one single mission)

* The loyalty missions will explain the squad members' motivation for leaving the Milky Way

* Michael Gamble: 'I definitely wouldn't call Andromeda an open-world game.We like to use the term exploration-based game. Sometimes that happens in open spaces, but not always. You can cruise around some of these planets in the Nomad, but it's not the traditional sandbox-type game.'

* You don't have to fuel the Tempest

* Side quests will be 'more varied and interesting than ever', says BioWare

* Active abilities/powers (like Overload, etc.) have an alternate fire mode

* There is no level cap, you can keep leveling until you run out of skills to put points into

* 5 difficulty levels, including narrative (very easy, just the story)

* Nomad's top speed is 130+ km/h

* Tempest top speed is 13 light years per day

* You can upgrade the omnitool (the blade)

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
* The Kett were originally designed to be completely nude, but it was awkward in cutscenes

Lol. "I can only look you in the eyes right now."

Anyway, I really hope that the Kett's motivations are more nuanced. At least, something better than take over the galaxy and exterminate everyone else for reasons.

* Nomad's top speed is 130+ km/h

* Tempest top speed is 13 light years per day

Are these just for trivia, or will there be timed elements within the game? Like, mission outcomes could depend on how long it took you to get there?

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
^
e71e6f4320865b30f33785174182df63.jpg

Top Bottom