So is Sephiroth the strongest dude in FF7 or what

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Seems to me that if you're going so fast that you're able to be in 7+ places "at once" by creating physically solid afterimages (i.e., if they cut you, you will bleed), then yes, you're likely moving at such high speed that the 50 milliseconds it takes for an image to travel from eye to brain plus interpret is far beneath you.

In other words, it's entirely possible that it's the speed of light. Who knows? No one has quantitatively measured the speed of sight yet, to my knowledge.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
You can argue cementics all day if you so feel like it. It doesn't change anything. If the light with which we percieve Cloud fails to keep up with him repeatedly then I think we know enough to call the fight between him and Sephiroth.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I doubt the afterimages were purely from Cloud's speed. It seems like he leaves behind spiritual energy that forms these afterimages.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Seems to me that if you're going so fast that you're able to be in 7+ places "at once" by creating physically solid afterimages (i.e., if they cut you, you will bleed), then yes, you're likely moving at such high speed that the 50 milliseconds it takes for an image to travel from eye to brain plus interpret is far beneath you.

In other words, it's entirely possible that it's the speed of light. Who knows? No one has quantitatively measured the speed of sight yet, to my knowledge.

The speed of light, maybe

I doubt the afterimages were purely from Cloud's speed. It seems like he leaves behind spiritual energy that forms these afterimages.

^because that seems more probable.

Several times the speed of light? No.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Cool stories bros. But in the end, Sephiroth only wins in one respect:

Being overrated.

I still find it amusing that everyone still claims he is holding back...even at the climax. <__< He's one winged angel, his final form and absolute, and Cloudy beat him. So yeah, Cloudy still wins this fight and is declared T3H STR0nGEsTS!!!! He's sent Seph to Hell 3 times y0.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Well, I'm not discounting the 'after image because I'm really fast' thing. Of course that's cool. I'm just pointing out the impossibility of a standard physical object being several times the speed of light. Cloud going several times the speed of light several times at that would make Gaia collapse on itself/explode

I am just being a science dick.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

We can see him move. He can't be moving as lightspeed or more.
And the 'speed of sight' is the same as the speed of light, limited by the brain's processing speed.

You can argue cementics all day if you so feel like it. It doesn't change anything. If the light with which we percieve Cloud fails to keep up with him repeatedly then I think we know enough to call the fight between him and Sephiroth.

Semantics.

And Cloud afterimages are 'mako clones' if you will. Not Flash-esque afterimages.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
You should keep in mind that with Loz they actually stated that they were afterimages and the movie was slowed down for you benefit so you can follow his movement. Besides, Cloud's clones/afterimages were initially gold. Mako has never been gold. They changed the colour in ACC but I doubt they were going for a completely different explanation in it.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Tbh, I'm not getting any further into the semantical argument of science. Why?

Because it's a world of total FICTION. It's not BOUND by any laws of science other than those the creators CHOOSE to bind it by. That's been my point since the beginning.

Ryu: no, I mean literally, the SPEED of sight. If your sight was shooting through space, how fast it would be relative to the speed of sound, sight, or whatever else.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Tbh, I'm not getting any further into the semantical argument of science. Why?

Because it's a world of total FICTION. It's not BOUND by any laws of science other than those the creators CHOOSE to bind it by. That's been my point since the beginning.

And yet, even those must be consistent.

Ryu: no, I mean literally, the SPEED of sight. If your sight was shooting through space, how fast it would be relative to the speed of sound, sight, or whatever else.

Sight is a RECEPTIVE act, like your hearing.
It is limited by the speed of light, as sight is the act of light hitting the light detecting sensors in the eyeball then being processed and converted into images by the brain.

Shikama, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Evidence that Cloud is moving FTL even though we actually see him moving, please.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Seriously, this is ridiculous. Cloud can't be moving faster than the speed of light because we can see the light and its after images. He's moving wickedly fast, but it is NOT faster than light. The closest thing to a character moving the speed of light is Sephiroth using "Flash" in KH2 where he literally moves so fast, he's behind you and you're fending off attacks even though he's not even moving.

Same goes for him using Godspeed in Dissidia.

THAT'S MOVEMENT THAT IS SO FAST THAT YOU CANNOT DETECT THE MOVEMENT OR VISUAL CUES FROM HIS BODY OR ACTIONS.

You're left fighting off his actions while his body is still.

Cloud's using high speed movement, but not faster than light movement, or movement that can't be visually traced.

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
So yeah, Cloudy still wins this fight and is declared T3H STR0nGEsTS!!!! He's sent Seph to Hell 3 times y0.

And from all those times, the only moment where Sephiroth decided to use more than just his sword(aka the end of FFVII) Cloud needed a lot of help to beat him.

But Cloud is still stronger because we think Sephiroth is "0vErrAtEd!!!11one" and, for that reason, doesn't deserve any credit. :monster:

I agree with this.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
And from all those times, the only moment where Sephiroth decided to use more than just his sword(aka the end of FFVII) Cloud needed a lot of help to beat him.

DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY SAYS HI

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Sure it doesn't, nevermind the numerous creator statements stating the contrary, and the abundant references to continuity within the game and story. Not to mention the fact it has "Final Fantasy" in its name and is stated to be a main installment. :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
So throwing buildings at people doesn't count as using more than his sword now?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Apparently not.

So we can look to Cloud and Sephiroth's two confrontations in Dissidia where Sephiroth can hurl meteors with the Black Materia, use Shadow Flare, and attack with Heartless Angel, as examples of Sephiroth using all of his best physical AND magical techniques...

And still failing.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
CanonCannon-1.png

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Shikama, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Evidence that Cloud is moving FTL even though we actually see him moving, please.
Something is FTL in this thread, and it isn't Cloud's speed.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato

I didn't claim anything extraordinary, characters moving faster then the eye can, while the viewer is still given the benefit of seeing him is an old, cliche, beaten down story device. I'm honestly not seeing why you find it so hard to accept. I've said this before, this isn't new. Loz, Weiss and Rosso did as well. But you know as well as I do Omnislash V5 was never given an explanation. I can ask you for where that goldenglowing supposed energy was coming from as well.

Top Bottom