So is Sephiroth the strongest dude in FF7 or what

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
If we're measuring by control of the Lifestream then Sephiroth has Minerva to contend with as well.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
If we're measuring by control of the Lifestream then Sephiroth has Minerva to contend with as well.

True!

Then, we have a being that is the personification of the Lifestream, another being born from it with the mission to absorb the Lifestream and take it to outher space and finally a being who is the core of a new kind of Lifestream.

Doesn't get any better than this. :monster:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
On that note, someone really needs to go to the FF wiki and get them to clean up some of their articles. I'd do it myself but that'd be a massive undertaking.

*waves*

PM me any time.

EDIT - As for Sephiroth, Aerith and Minerva, I should quote my "Aerith = Minerva, Seph = Jenova" speech. :p

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Plus that was about AC, I think in ACC he unleashed more of his power... or at least was much more brutal.

Gale

Read My Mind
I hate power-creeps in shit like this where any new villain has to be "stronger" than the last and it turns into DBZ.

If the compilation has a new villain in some later installment, I rather them be more along the lines of Shinra than some super-powered solider who can breath death and shit lightning and is 10x more powerful than Sephiroth.

Someone with a fraction of Sephiroth's ability could fuck up the world/the protagonists far more then he ever did.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
But then the question is, why does Sephiroth just fuck around and not just kill everyone?

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
The challenge would be someone with Sephiroth's level of power fucking the world up *less*.

But then the question is, why does Sephiroth just fuck around and not just kill everyone?

Because he can't. They kill his ass before he gets a chance.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
If he can just destroy the world or whatever, why not do that right away when he returned? Why mess around with Cloud, throw him around a bit and then ... get killed? Why not just destroy everything as soon as he came back.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
If he can just destroy the world or whatever, why not do that right away when he returned? Why mess around with Cloud, throw him around a bit and then ... get killed? Why not just destroy everything as soon as he came back.

Because he's stupid.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA

Oh... uh... thanks then I .. think. I guess that's really the only answer though.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
From what I can tell, taking physical form seemed neccesary, from the Lifesteam Black it didn't seem like Sephiroth thought he could've just destroyed the planet operating from within the Lifestream and he went on to amass his Negative Lifestream right afterward he came back. As it would happen, he came back five inches away from Cloud. He didn't need to fight him but you know, can you imagine him just running away. That would be some villain.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
From what I can tell, taking physical form seemed neccesary, from the Lifesteam Black it didn't seem like Sephiroth thought he could've just destroyed the planet operating from within the Lifestream and he went on to amass his Negative Lifestream right afterward he came back. As it would happen, he came back five inches away from Cloud. He didn't need to fight him but you know, can you imagine him just running away. That would be some villain.

Not necessarely. Sephiroth was corrupting the Lifestream regardless of possessing a physical body or not.

He only wanted a body because...

Lifestream Black 3 said:
There were things he wanted to say in his own voice. Things he wanted to shatter by his own hand.

And Sephiroth only materialized the Negative Lifestream over Midgar area to create a barrier around Midgar so that no one could interfere with his battle against Cloud.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I hate power-creeps in shit like this where any new villain has to be "stronger" than the last and it turns into DBZ.

If the compilation has a new villain in some later installment, I rather them be more along the lines of Shinra than some super-powered solider who can breath death and shit lightning and is 10x more powerful than Sephiroth.

I agree. One of the biggest pluses of an antagonist like Shinra is that it's the innocent looking people in suits behind desks that fuck up everyone's day, and not so much the dudes with swords and guns who work for them.

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer

Unfortunatelly, this is the way the FF series is going:

Vegnagun theoretically being able to kill Sin in a single shot.

The Creator being a type of god/goddess responsible for the creation of FFIV's world and crystals, and so much stronger than Zeromus that he became nothing more than a normal boss released by the Minus.

Talking about it, somebody knows if the villain of FFV's OVA was stronger than Ex-Death?

Because he's stupid.

Well... At least he wasn't so stupid to the point of staying atop a tower an entire year waiting for the heroes to gather together and kick his ass. :monster:

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Unfortunatelly, this is the way the FF series is going:

Vegnagun theoretically being able to kill Sin in a single shot.

The Creator being a type of god/goddess responsible for the creation of FFIV's world and crystals, and so much stronger than Zeromus that he became nothing more than a normal boss released by the Minus.

Talking about it, somebody knows if the villain of FFV's OVA was stronger than Ex-Death?

Well, at least they seem to try to contradict this way of thought with the Compilation, since Kitase decided that they couldn't make a character stronger than Sephiroth.

Well... At least he wasn't so stupid to the point of staying atop a tower an entire year waiting for the heroes to gather together and kick his ass. :monster:

Please, let's not start with this again.

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
Well, at least they seem to try to contradict this way of thought with the Compilation, since Kitase decided that they couldn't make a character stronger than Sephiroth.

But Cloud is stronger than him, isn't he? After all, he defeated Sephiroth fair and square in the "canon" story of Dissidia. :monster:

Please, let's not start with this again.

Just stating my opinion.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Which Kitase even said was canon to Final Fantasy proper. Isn't that hilarious?

Just goes to show that the context of that quote was in AC, not the entire Compilation of FFVII.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
But Cloud is stronger than him, isn't he? After all, he defeated Sephiroth fair and square in the "canon" story of Dissidia. :monster:

The same way every hero defeated his villain counterpart.

Each hero was able to overcome his/her doubts and, staying true to their dreams and wishes, find the necessary "strength" to persevere and defeat his/her enemy. That doesn't mean that they're stronger than the villains.

For example, you won't see Terra unleash a light that comes from the heavens, cleansing all in its wake, the same way you won't see Cloud unleash a blast that it can send destruction even into other dimensions.
Dissidia's descriptions of Ex-Bursts are the best :monster:

When just considering the continuous narrative of CC, FFVII, AC/ACC and DC, Sephiroth is indeed the strongest being, only rivaled by Omega and Minerva.

Just stating my opinion.

Ok, then! :monster:

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
find the necessary "strength" to persevere and defeat his/her enemy. That doesn't mean that they're stronger than the villains.

So what you are saying, is that they had the strength to defeat their enemies but that doesn't make them stronger than their enemies? lul what?

When just considering the continuous narrative of CC, FFVII, AC/ACC and DC, Sephiroth is indeed the strongest being, only rivaled by Omega and Minerva.

That's what I'm saying. But it seems this idea is wrong, because Dissidia is apparently canon, and Cloud DID defeat him fair and square there.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
OWA-2 said:
That's what I'm saying. But it seems this idea is wrong, because Dissidia is apparently canon, and Cloud DID defeat him fair and square there.

Does that shatter your reality or something?

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
So what you are saying, is that they had the strength to defeat their enemies but that doesn't make them stronger than their enemies? lul what?

The heroes had something to protect and look foward to. The villains did not.

The heroes were fighting for their dreams, for their crystals and for Cosmos.

Even with the gap in power (and a more than likely beating at the hands of their respective villain), the heroes knew that they couldn't give up hope, or all would be lost. The heroes wouldn't stay down, because they had something of extreme importance to achieve. Even wounded, they focused on what was more important to them. Their dreams, their wishes...that was their "strength".

And thus, even with their inferior power, they were able to defeat the villains.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Clearly Clod rivals Omega, Sefiros, and Jesus in combat prowess.

Top Bottom