So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
How the fuck does that even come CLOSE to working?
They loved each other so much they killed themselves to be together? It's a love beyond death thing I guess XD

and I am officially afraid of that Barret plushie :(

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
If anyone's seen Love Hina then I point at Keitaro and Naru's relationship. That definitely isn't a perfect relationship, in fact it's terrible how often they miscommunicate and seem at odd ends with each other, but they end up together in the end and it's evident their feelings are mutual.

And this is all despite Mitsume (who reminds me of Aerith a hell of a lot by the way) previously dating him and having the calmer/less problem filled relationship with him. Keitaro ultimately chooses Naru in the end, the girl he always had feelings for and (thinks) he made a childhood promise to.

Anyway, I just wanted to give this parallel to demonstrate how a couple does not need to be 'perfect' and entirely happy flappy in order to be canon.

The similartity is not unintentional. Akamatsu's a huge FF fanboy, and 'his assistants' did a number of FF7 doujinshi a few years back.
And he did make the promise with Naru.

That's an interesting parallel... not sure if it should be used in debates though, lest we have Cleriths bringing up Romeo and Juliet :P

How the fuck does Romeo and Juliet help them? Cloud's not breaking into crypts and offing himself like Romeo was. SRSLY, there's almost no parallels save the whole time they knew each other thing.
Hell, at least Z/A has the star crossed lovers torn between two houses. C/A doesn't even have that.

Yeah even I'm surprised at how fast they turned that shit. From my spying browsing on that forum whenever some new information comes out they normally wail and gnash teeth a bit before someone comes in and is all like "it's ttly Clerith".

Maybe the essays and bad translations and Japanese friends will come later?

And they are still taking the time to bash Zerith. Aerith loves Cloud more, doesn't want to be with Zack. NOTHING ZERITH AT ALL. Also despite being given equal importance Aerith is somehow is more important (to Cloud) than Zack. Because they used "she" when referring to her.

And from the interview. Despite using the word "maybe" in regards to Aerith. That of course means it would have gone great. Because...you know. How they can say he is saying it would be better with Aerith and ignore the fact that C/T would have to be in a relationship for that hypothetical to work?

So yeah....

Cognitive Dissonance. It must be pink because it can't be elsewise.

you take barret on a date no?

whats diff between that and aeris/tifa?

Barret asks you out for a man to man, not a date.
But this would validate Yuffie, if 'can take on date' means validity. Which I think speaks to the coherency of the idea.

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
Mitsume have always reminded me of Aerith. She even wore clothes similiar to Aerith's originial outfit. Not kidding. :O And they even mention FF7 in the mangas <3

Her hair is practically identical as well as her personality (although Aerith doesn't act like she's slow, bless Mitsume).

Not to mention she played the whole {I can tell these two may have something but I'm going to slot myself in anyway} and brought up a stupidly similar conversation to the one in Don Corneo's mansion in which she told Naru 'not to worry' and Naru got all fidgety and said "it's not like that.." (or something along those lines).

Quexinos said:
That's an interesting parallel... not sure if it should be used in debates though, lest we have Cleriths bringing up Romeo and Juliet.

Oh no, I wouldn't use it in a debate to try and support Cloti but I would use it to demonstrate a fictional pairing that has tons of problems of its own and yet is most certainly canon. It's just one example of many I'm sure any of us could think of.

EDIT:
The similartity is not unintentional. Akamatsu's a huge FF fanboy, and 'his assistants' did a number of FF7 doujinshi a few years back.
And he did make the promise with Naru.

Oh I was not aware. Seems he also leans towards Cloti then.. But you know, at the end of the series they concluded they'd never know who he actually made the promise to because Naru was too young to barely talk when the promise was made. Or at least that's how I remember it.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
How the fuck does Romeo and Juliet help them?
How the fuck does Nojima saying Cloud and Tifa are in a relationship help them? How the fuck does Cloud waking up surrounded by his friends and family and it being called his "Promised Land" help them? How the fuck does Cloud living with Tifa raising a family help them? How the fuck does Cloud riding on his motorcycle at the end of FFVII AC help them?

See my point? :monster:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Wouldn't that be cool, you know, if it was a "fucking" game.

I'd still take Cloti FTW. <3

Although...I bet Aerith's a freak. O.O

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Because typing in all caps in blood red font is indicative of being "chilled". :monster:

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Because typing in all caps in blood red font is indicative of being "chilled". :monster:
As opposed to telling others to stop flaming and being irratic while posting fuck alot yourself. :awesome:

Besides shits n giggles are all im here for.
Obviously it's getting to ya, so im entertained.

Maya

JUKEN CLUB
???

When FFVII was released I was only seven so obvisouly I did not play on it then but after a couple years about when I was ten years old I played on it and loved it. Anywhoo getting to topic I argued until I was blue in the face that Cloud and Aerith was destined to be together and I could not stand Tifa. I hated her for the way she treated Cloud when they was young. And I stuck by the fact that Cloud's mother told him that he would be better with an older woman which Aerith was and Tifa was not.

However after playing on CC when it was released I could not help feeling that Zack and Aerith are truly to be together. So after finishing CC I decided to play on FFVII again and I watched FFAC and I realized that Tifa and Cloud they had been through so much together...There where more stuff I wanted to say but completly forgot so mheh.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I hated her for the way she treated Cloud when they was young.
Well I don't think she knew Cloud liked her, didn't she pretty much ignore him?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I don't think it was ever made clear if they picked on him... I never got the impression, just that he didn't know how to approach them.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Well I don't think she knew Cloud liked her, didn't she pretty much ignore him?

Ignoring and being oblivious are two very different things. She wasn't aware of Cloud, and as much as he skirted the peripheral of her social circle, he never gave any indication that he wanted to be friends, so no, she didn't ignore him. At all.

The very second she became aware that he did want to talk to her, she made every effort to be there for him.

For her to have "ignored" him as the Cleriths claim, she would have had to have been aware of his interest, be it romantic or platonic, and she wasn't.

Maya

JUKEN CLUB
I don't think it was ever made clear if they picked on him... I never got the impression, just that he didn't know how to approach them.

Really? I always thought they taunted him?? Mheh must just be me I have not played on it for ages. But I know for a fact when I saw the part where she had to help Cloud remember that flashback of his childhood made me very angry at her...And I know another reason at that time why I was angry at her was becuase she never told him what really happened she left it to Sephiroth to tell him.

But anyways like I said I was only young when I first played on it and did not understand it properly. I mean I thought the Ancients was from a different planet:lol:. But after watching ACC, playing on CC, DoC and re playing FFVII I like Tifa now and think her and Cloud are better together.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
No, Cloud kept picking fights with them, not the other way around.

And Lestat, yes, it's a game. So's the LTD. You don't like it, kip off.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
No, Cloud kept picking fights with them, not the other way around.
That's right, I remember him saying that now. All though it doesn't say if he picked fights with them specifically, I just figured he sorta left Tifa's group alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom