So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Seriously... say Tifa's koibito is Cloud... just say it ^_^

what are you afraid of?

Last edited:

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
xzibit-wtf.jpg

wtf.

Why the fuck is this so funny? Wa ha ha.

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie
But what about bows? :lol:

They go great on Christmas presents.

lol, I go to my biology class, come back and you guys jump 3 pages. That's like, twice as much commentary on a few Clerith fans' reactions to an essay than commentary on the actual essay.

And I happen to like my Clerith goggles, k? I keep them on a shelf with my Clack goggles. It makes my inner fan happy.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
lol, I go to my biology class, come back and you guys jump 3 pages. That's like, twice as much commentary on a few Clerith fans' reactions to an essay than commentary on the actual essay.

We're a very active bunch, here.

And I happen to like my Clerith goggles, k? I keep them on a shelf with my Clack goggles. It makes my inner fan happy.

Well as we said, there's nothing wrong with preference. At all. But it's when you let your preference and personal choice color every interpretation of the actual narrative, that maybe you should just let your eyes look at something by themselves and just go by what the creators are saying.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I was kind of sad to see the lack of a raging fury in the comments when I got back from work, but lo and behold, there is a link to some objection!

From some forum said:
Wrong. The only side I have seen try to argue that their pairing is canon are the rabids of the CloTi fandom.
Oh shi, I lol'd. Either they don't go to many places on the internet or they've got some awesome luck.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Either they don't go to many places on the internet or they've got some awesome luck.

It's the Ninja Clotis. They are invisible to the naked eye, but when they strike it is fierce and painful. Then they vanish--as if they NEVER WERE. It's amazing... **throws smoke grenade**

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Or they're just a blatant hypocrite who has no idea what the hell they're even talking about. :monster:

We're not technically arguing either. Squall_of_SeeD didn't have to try to argue anything. He just laid out the damn statements the creator's said, clear as day.

@Fairheartstrife

Yeah, I love how there are all these NAMELESS Clotis who are just so evil and mean and just...terrible towards Cleriths. But no one can ever be bothered to remember their names.

Yet they can bitch about Drake pulling a damn joke on imdb and spread his name far and wide across the internets. Or Ryushikaze being a big e-bully because he dares to tell the truth.

Fucking hilarious.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Or they're just a blatant hypocrite who has no idea what the hell they're even talking about. :monster:

We're not technically arguing either. Squall_of_SeeD didn't have to try to argue anything. He just laid out the damn statements the creator's said, clear as day.

It's a foggy day in Pinkertown, Mako. All the pollen from the flowers hazes up the air and things are hard to see. Even the blatant and obvious signposts of compilation.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
@Fairheartstrife

Yeah, I love how there are all these NAMELESS Clotis who are just so evil and mean and just...terrible towards Cleriths. But no one can ever be bothered to remember their names.

Yet they can bitch about Drake pulling a damn joke on imdb and spread his name far and wide across the internets. Or Ryushikaze being a big e-bully because he dares to tell the truth.

Fucking hilarious.

I think it's sad the way they turn on "their own" so fast. The attitude reads like: "Oh, he thinks Cloti is canon, well fuck him, then. We don't need him..." :no:

And the "Nameless" (as I shall now dub the clan of Ninja Clotis--kinda like the Heartless, only more bad-ass...**ahem**) can never BE found to get their names from, Mako. They are that fuckin' epic and elite. They swoop in and throw smoke grenades and bullshit all over the shiny, pretty, pristine pinkers (see my alliteration there, yeah, I'm bad-ass, I know) and then vanish amidst all the righteous confusion and indignation. :shifty:

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie
We're a very active bunch, here.

Well as we said, there's nothing wrong with preference. At all. But it's when you let your preference and personal choice color every interpretation of the actual narrative, that maybe you should just let your eyes look at something by themselves and just go by what the creators are saying.

And I like that. :lol:

I don't think its just preference that colors narrative, but also collections of personal experiences as well as the way individuals view the characters themselves.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Haha. One of the only barriers making this whole thing point blank clear is the language and cultural barrier of Japan. If Final Fantasy were an American franchise, the creators would have just said "Yeah, they're fuckin'." regarding Cloud and Tifa in 1997. Instead, we have people arguing about what kobito means and all that.

Not that its a bad thing, but c'est la vie.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

@Fairheartstrife

Fucking hilarious.

How DARE I hold them to a reasonable standard of empirical rationalism as I do everyone else? Have I no DECENCY?

It's not so much the actual barriers as perceived barriers. 'Japanese can only be understood by a native' natch.
Yeah, they haven't been Iowa Broadside direct, but they're fairly direct even still.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
And I like that. :lol:

I don't think its just preference that colors narrative, but also collections of personal experiences as well as the way individuals view the characters themselves.

Yeah, that's definitely apart of it too.

Where some (myself included initially) could NOT believe Itachi did what he did to the Uchiha clan because he was ordered to, and that he really loved his brother. I refused to believe that he thought like that and actually loved Sasuke. In my mind he was a cold blooded killer who would've taken Sasuke's eyes if he could.

But then I realized that this is what the story said. It was all a red herring, and I need to stop looking at it from my initial reaction and interpretation and take it all in as a whole

A lot of people probably are like that but they never made it past acceptance. :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
How DARE I hold them to a reasonable standard of empirical rationalism as I do everyone else? Have I no DECENCY?
Ryu you evil man :kermit:

OH I know how you can do that:
lol2.jpg
:awesome: (you knew it'd get posted sooner or later)

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
There's something that's been bugging me lately... Nojima wrote all the cases of the same right? They're all third person ... uh... whichever. So in case of Tifa we don't really know Cloud's feelings all the time right?... So when Tifa sees Cloud as the father... why can that be used in a debate but Aerith seeing Cloud as her lover can't? Isn't that the same thing?

And in all honesty now, in Case of Tifa, if it actually said "Cloud was her (Tifa's) lover." would you use that as Cloti proof or would you just say, "Okay same thing as in Case of Lifestream White, that's just Tifa's POV."

Or again is this just, "Well it's a piece of the whole puzzle." thing?

Vendel

Banned
I swear people are still bringing up commercials as some sort of proof for the LTD? OR ANYTHING FOR THAT MATTER?

Alright.....

Now kiddies. What was the lesson for today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom