So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
There's something that's been bugging me lately... Nojima wrote all the cases of the same right? They're all third person ... uh... whichever. So in case of Tifa we don't really know Cloud's feelings all the time right?... So when Tifa sees Cloud as the father... why can that be used in a debate but Aerith seeing Cloud as her lover can't? Isn't that the same thing?

And in all honesty now, in Case of Tifa, if it actually said "Cloud was her (Tifa's) lover." would you use that as Cloti proof or would you just say, "Okay same thing as in Case of Lifestream White, that's just Tifa's POV."

Or again is this just, "Well it's a piece of the whole puzzle." thing?

Because that was an example of how other people in general view the family unit at 7th heaven, and fits in with numerous other examples of friends, customers, and creators describing the foursome as a family. While it is specifically Tifa's view that he is the father of the family, it is also Cloud's view that she is the mother in their family unit, and that the kids are the kids.

In other news, I love how anything undying can't possibly ever go away, so Cloud's undying feelings can't be the guilt that refuses to fade, no no.

Addendum: One last note: I read the link through to pink hell.
... I'm curious Why they think Hito and I A: want keep their 'essay' off the front page and B: Could if we wanted to.

BTW, they DO know it's just an excerpt of his larger FAQ, right? And there's more to come, right?

Further note: I stalked Aerith Gainsborough? WHEN? Must be Cali. She thought if I was even on the same forum as her it was stalking. Newsflash to Cali- I really don't give a shit about you. All I gave a shit about was what you were saying.

Really, the thread is quite amusing. A combo of 'it doesn't mean beloved, wha wha' 'Well, is she deluded to think of him as such, then', associated other strawmen, and a refusal to actually deal with anything other than one or two quotes.
It's interesting that they don't address the major framework. Like I have said previously, it seems they want to examine only pinpoints at a time, entirely in isolation, as if there was no connection amongst them, when the entire point of such a FAQ is to bring together all the evidence, to draw all the points together.

Oh yeah. One other thing. They made some comments that 'we might as well stop pretending we're nuetral/ admit we're a cloti forum.' But really, that misses the entire point of TLS. Yes, there are many C/T here, yes the LTD is popular, but the thrust of this forum is so much more than just C/T. We are a neutral forum, since the forums's purpose as a whole is irrelevant of the LTD, and as such is LTD neutral.

Put another way, though some people can't see it, there's more to FF7 and the compilation than the triangle.

Last edited:
But, if people who aren't shippers see Cloti as canon... then... maybe it's the way it was meant to be seen?

No, no, no, that can't be. Therefore, everyone who sees Cloti must ship it... they must! *runs off whining some more*

[/pretending to be a clerii]

Splintered

unsavory tart
I hate when pairing fandoms pull persecution complexes. I don't like it when I see Cloti's do it here, and I don't like it when Clerith's do it as well. No one actually believes that one fandom is the innocent doey eyed goodliness while the other is a horrible rampaging clusterfuck of rabids; except for their own fandom. So seeing people go, "look at that essay, these are horrible peoples" is stupid.

There are dozens of Cloud/Aerith essays, an entire website of them, why does this guy making an essay make him so much worse than the others? It's absolute mindboggling that people act like only a batshit crazy person would do this. And you know, vice versa, there are people here who roll their eyes at Cloud/Aerith essays and praise this one. Why do people shift the standards to fit our fandom.

I can understand people thinking it is a biased pro-Cloud/Tifa essay. It was written by a guy who admitted liking Tifa and the conclusion he came out with was Cloud/Tifa. But now all of a sudden this guy is a crazy deluded fan. Oh and also everyone here is as well. Nevermind our fandom totally has pro Cloud/Aerith works on our own. That doesn't matter because it's totally not the same. amirite?

541.gif

There's something that's been bugging me lately... Nojima wrote all the cases of the same right? They're all third person ... uh... whichever. So in case of Tifa we don't really know Cloud's feelings all the time right?... So when Tifa sees Cloud as the father... why can that be used in a debate but Aerith seeing Cloud as her lover can't? Isn't that the same thing?

And in all honesty now, in Case of Tifa, if it actually said "Cloud was her (Tifa's) lover." would you use that as Cloti proof or would you just say, "Okay same thing as in Case of Lifestream White, that's just Tifa's POV."

Or again is this just, "Well it's a piece of the whole puzzle." thing?
For me it's context. I would give Aerith's "lover" more weight consistent with what we've actually seen ingame. We pretty much documented every single moment Cloud and gang (Or CloudxAerith pure love adventure also some other ppls but they don't matter) adventure. What I saw was a clear romantic interest, but nothing developed. There was no relationship within the first disk you could call lover or boyfriend. To anyone. We all played the same game. You could potentially, maybe argue that they both had feelings for each other, but they were never acted upon.

CoT, I would have assumed Cloud in the father's position without her ever stating his role. What we do see in Tifa's pov is Cloud's actions, him saying he does love/care for Marlene or him sitting down with Denzel and Marlene mapping out his routes. It's amplified by Denzel's and Marlene's roles in AC/ACC where Cloud states Marlene and family are always helping him and when Denzel asks him if he returns. It's clear Cloud is a paternal figure in their lives (not to take away anything from Marlene, she will always be his daughter- but she's got a strange family dynamic anyway.)

Oh yeah. One other thing. They made some comments that 'we might as well stop pretending we're nuetral/ admit we're a cloti forum.' But really, that misses the entire point of TLS. Yes, there are many C/T here, yes the LTD is popular, but the thrust of this forum is so much more than just C/T. We are a neutral forum, since the forums's purpose as a whole is irrelevant of the LTD, and as such is LTD neutral.
Don't pretend to be ignorant. There is no such thing as a ffvii fan who doesn't make all their decisions about romance. That's the only thing that matters about this compilation. Every spin off is meant to give more evidence to Cloud's true love, fuck everything else and everyone else. This forum is made for the praising of CloudTifa and all the other dozens of topics are a smoke screen.

Hey look! A strawman!

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Because that was an example of how other people in general view the family unit at 7th heaven, and fits in with numerous other examples of friends, customers, and creators describing the foursome as a family. While it is specifically Tifa's view that he is the father of the family, it is also Cloud's view that she is the mother in their family unit, and that the kids are the kids.

In other news, I love how anything undying can't possibly ever go away, so Cloud's undying feelings can't be the guilt that refuses to fade, no no.

Addendum: One last note: I read the link through to pink hell.
... I'm curious Why they think Hito and I A: want keep their 'essay' off the front page and B: Could if we wanted to.

BTW, they DO know it's just an excerpt of his larger FAQ, right? And there's more to come, right?

Further note: I stalked Aerith Gainsborough? WHEN? Must be Cali. She thought if I was even on the same forum as her it was stalking. Newsflash to Cali- I really don't give a shit about you. All I gave a shit about was what you were saying.

Really, the thread is quite amusing. A combo of 'it doesn't mean beloved, wha wha' 'Well, is she deluded to think of him as such, then', associated other strawmen, and a refusal to actually deal with anything other than one or two quotes.
It's interesting that they don't address the major framework. Like I have said previously, it seems they want to examine only pinpoints at a time, entirely in isolation, as if there was no connection amongst them, when the entire point of such a FAQ is to bring together all the evidence, to draw all the points together.

Put another way, though some people can't see it, there's more to FF7 and the compilation than the triangle.

Which thread is that?

That's part of the reason I left CloudxAerith forums and came here. Over there, almost everything discussed is LT-oriented. I may ship Clerith but I like the FF series as a whole, so this more varied forum had more to offer in terms of discussion, which let's face it, is the point of forums.

I wonder what they think of me over there now....though I would guess it's something like this:

Traitor.jpg

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I really have to wonder though why this whole thing is a big deal.

Shipping is SRS BZNZ, Mog.
Why, if these supplies don't get across country by saturday...

Wait, wrong shipping.

Question:

Does anyone post outside this thread? :monster:

No, but my innumerable copies do.

I'm in lurk mode most of the time.

Most fandoms have pairing wars this annoying. Naruto's was pretty bad too, but I managed to avoid it.

Ranma's was HI-LARIOUS.
So was Inu-Yasha's, what I saw of it.
The U-Y one predated the intarbutts, but I'm sure it was lulzy.
Then there are the several major HP shipping fiascos...

But yes, most fun. Infuriating, but hilarious.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Am I the only one just totally having a blast right now?

and anyway, thanks for answering the question... that's pretty much what I thought.

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
All the time, lol.

You, good sir, lie like a rug. :wacky: Nobody posts anywhere else.

Ahem. I really don't understand why everyone here is so fit to be tied over this LT. Sometimes it comes off that it's turned into a feud between TLS and the Pink Forum (whatever the fuck it's titled, cba to check). Is it really that difficult to let the people over there fap to the sound of their own typing? I've gone through almost all of this thread and the previous one and they don't often tread this corner of the internets, and when they do, no amount of quotes and capslock ever seems to get them to listen. :monster:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
You, good sir, lie like a rug. :wacky: Nobody posts anywhere else.

My post history can't lie.

Ahem. I really don't understand why everyone here is so fit to be tied over this LT. Sometimes it comes off that it's turned into a feud between TLS and the Pink Forum (whatever the fuck it's titled, cba to check). Is it really that difficult to let the people over there fap to the sound of their own typing? I've gone through almost all of this thread and the previous one and they don't often tread this corner of the internets, and when they do, no amount of quotes and capslock ever seems to get them to listen. :monster:

I listened. :monster:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
It's one thing to have such a vested interest in this thing (which I have trouble understanding as it is), but shipping wars? Feuds? I just don't understand how it can get to that level. Frankly, I find other aspects of the FF7 world (and hell, many other fictional settings where people ship over) much more interesting to discuss than a shipping.

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
I listened. :monster:
[/COLOR]

Pokin' holes in my point, dude. :monster:

It's one thing to have such a vested interest in this thing (which I have trouble understanding as it is), but shipping wars? Feuds? I just don't understand how it can get to that level. Frankly, I find other aspects of the FF7 world (and hell, many other fictional settings where people ship over) much more interesting to discuss than a shipping.

THIS :awesomonster: This right here, this is awesomely awesome.

And this topic as kind of outgrown itself. I'm all for asserting that Cloti is currently as canon as it gets in this fandom, but posting it on the home page? I don't see why. No offense to Squall_of_SeeD, but what part of his Wall-Of-Text was something new that a Clerith hasn't heard before? It seemed as though it was posted that way just to generate more drama between here and the Pink Forum.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Heh, looking at the CxA forum thread they got, and they do talk about me. Let's see....yeah, apparently I'm Cloti now. I ship CloudxAerith but admit it isn't canon, so I'm Cloti. Huh, go figure.

And goodie goodie, my stalker is posting there now! I did so miss her, and she even goes to address me by name! So courteous...

I meant my earlier picture of what they thought of me as a joke. After reading the thread, seems it's an accurate reflection of their opinion after all.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
WHo's your stalker? O_o

EdgarxTerra aka RiderofGreece aka MagitekElite aka Pearl Terra Branford....I think missed a couple but those are the ones I remember.

Amazing how many people are still so butt-hurt over the IMDB incident. Get over it guys. I've more or less forgotten about it until I see it brought up again, you do the same.

http://z8.invisionfree.com/Cloud_x_Aerith/index.php?showtopic=9686&st=0

Quexinos said:
No he's not a Cloti. He says he still loves Clerith more than Cloti and ships Clerith. He just believes Cloti is canon. There's a difference. I tried to kind of explain that in your other topic.

Thank you.

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
Naruto's was pretty bad too, but I managed to avoid it.

The Naruto pairing wars are so retarded. There is so much character bashing it's pathetic. Sakura and Hinata get it the worst. And then you've got the Naruto/Sasuke shippers who've got their heads so far up their asses and seem to think that Naruto is a fucking yaoi manga and there's gonna be a mansex scene in the big finale or somethin'.

Jeebus.

Ok I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom