So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
People who think this are the same people who have never been in a real relationship, are often locked in their rooms, and the closest thing they ever have been is a yaoi pairing or something, and have deluded expectations of what an actual adult relationship is.

People like that are not to be taken seriously on matters of relationships.

You know, it's not just in anti-Cloti terms that I see this. A lot of Cleris fans think that Cleris is the ultimate perfect pairing of functionality and happiness. LOL NO.

I personally dislike Cloti as a pairing but I have a deep love for flawed pairings. I hate when Cleris fans think it would be all sparkles and rainbows if Cloud and Aeris loved each other 4EVER.

I mean come on, KHII proves that even when alive and possibly in love they're still dysfunctional. Haha.

I only have an outsider's perspective of what went down, but from my understanding it was rather ugly and completely unwarranted. "Shooting the messenger" taken to the extreme.

Oh it completely was. He was even explaining that he thought it wasn't a definite answer and everyone was SO BUTTHURT they weren't even listening to him. =/

Last edited:

Death Sin

Memento mori
AKA
Just DS is fine
Oh it completely was. He was even explaining that he thought it wasn't a definite answer and everyone was SO BUTTHURT they weren't even listening to him. =/
If I may, I do think that's pretty much the main difference between the TLS and CxA boards. No matter how right you may think you are, you lose whatever reason you might have when you began ostricizing people just because their opinions diverge from yours (even moreso when the person in question is someone who had never done anything to deserve that sort of treatment). I don't think that's what real fans would do and it only takes credibility from their own views, IMO.

And before anyone might think (or say) otherwise, yes, had it been CloudxTifa supporters doing that, I would have said exactly the same thing to them. It's not a matter of which pairing its being supported but rather the people behind those pairings and the way the treat others. As much as people might love their pairing, making of the LT some sort of witch hunt is taking things waaaaay too far no matter how you look at it. Not cool, really... :/

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
ty ♥

Although my patience is really wearing thin with that thread, lol.
You didn't say anything about WcDonalds! I need you to back me up on the WcDonalds thing :(

bah who cares, I'll probably be banned tomorrow...

lol Que, I'd totally post the "Uh yeah WTF guys, there's no such thing as a WcDonalds" too, if it didn't classify the post as spam.
It's not spam, I'm gonna get banned :(

maybe :monster:

Last edited:

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
You didn't say anything about WcDonalds! I need you to back me up on the WcDonalds thing :(

bah who cares, I'll probably be banned tomorrow...

Sorry bb, was sleepy and distracted by the Hito thing, if I'm not banned tomorrow I will comment on it.

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie
You have no idea how nostalgic I feel when you used the name "Wilhelm". And I wasn't aware of the name changes until now. No wonder I didn't see new posts from the guy when I left/returned to the forums a few times. :O

Splintered

unsavory tart
What's the WcDonalds thing?

Also

Because Tifa was left alone in Itadaki Street while Cloud chased after Aerith?
I find this is pretty interesting. Putting aside "But AU's aren't canon!11" how would you argue against this? Or characterize it? I've know nothing of Itadaki Street, but this actually sounds pretty CloudAerith to me.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
You know, it's not just in anti-Cloti terms that I see this. A lot of Cleris fans think that Cleris is the ultimate perfect pairing of functionality and happiness. LOL NO.

I personally dislike Cloti as a pairing but I have a deep love for flawed pairings. I hate when Cleris fans think it would be all sparkles and rainbows if Cloud and Aeris loved each other 4EVER.

Hilariously, a lot of the same people who say that A: Despise Twilight B: Say C/T people should love Twilight because 'they describe Cloti just like that.'
Must be more of the Missing Ninja Cloti Clan the Pinkers keep having sightings of.

I mean come on, KHII proves that even when alive and possibly in love they're still dysfunctional. Haha.

Cloud along guaruntees the dysfunction, and I don't think Aerith's personality would necessarily help that. Heck, I think she might make it worse, with her headstrong and blunt force method of therapy.

Oh it completely was. He was even explaining that he thought it wasn't a definite answer and everyone was SO BUTTHURT they weren't even listening to him. =/[/QUOTE]

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
ALSO GUYS ALL MACROS ARE FROM 4CHAN DIDN'T YOU KNOW

smiteme.gif

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
Hilariously, a lot of the same people who say that A: Despise Twilight B: Say C/T people should love Twilight because 'they describe Cloti just like that.'
Must be more of the Missing Ninja Cloti Clan the Pinkers keep having sightings of.

Ahaha I've seen a couple C/T shippers talk like that, but they weren't that familiar with the fandom or characters.

Although there are a few Fake Cloti Shippers that apparently do everything we've ever accused them of. They're like unicorns.

They don't exist. Haha.

Cloud along guaruntees the dysfunction, and I don't think Aerith's personality would necessarily help that. Heck, I think she might make it worse, with her headstrong and blunt force method of therapy.

Maybe he needs blunt force. :c

sparklemotion_edward.gif

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
What's the WcDonalds thing?

Fake interview with two fake japanese people. Set in a WcDonalds. When this falsehood was pointed out, the existence of such a place was asserted ferociously, but ultimately proven a lie.

I find this is pretty interesting. Putting aside "But AU's aren't canon!11" how would you argue against this? Or characterize it? I've know nothing of Itadaki Street, but this actually sounds pretty CloudAerith to me.

It's also a lie.
What they say is 'Cloud chasing after Aerith' is EVERYONE running to the recently appeared castle.

Further, Cloud actually has very little in game interaction with Aerith, has a number with Tifa, and Aerith responds the most to Angelo, I think- from DQ8, not FF8, BTW- actually flirting back with him at times.
Addendum: Not that the game has a PLOT. I speak of vignettes.
Itadaki St Special is like Mario Party. But less fun. And Dragon Quest. And for two games FF too.

@Vines: Yes, but the blunt force he needs is of the lead pipe variety, not the 'BE CHEERFUL, GRUMPYPANTS' Type.

Last edited:

Splintered

unsavory tart
Well, it feels like LTD has not just become a pairing debate but is bogged down with a "who is more of an asshole" discussion sometimes.

I mean, there are a lot of assholes both here and on the Clerith forum. Some of my favorite people on this forum are assholes. But the thing about neutrality of websites is whether or not people are not being rude or stop stating their opinions, it's about whether or not that the modding stops you from saying pro or against a certain belief. Not to kiss anyone's ass or anything but I've seen nothing like that of the sort over here, theoretically a whole wave of Cloud/Aerith fans could come here and take over and just judging from how things work, nothing would happen to them. It's not the same over there, and I don't blame it for them, it is a c/a website after all. They have the right to make it like that. But it's stupid to mouth off about someone's neutrality and not actually, you know, take it up with them. When they can.

Also, that demonize Hito thing was pathetic. I wasn't on this site or any other site when I saw that and I was face palming. They are doing the same thing to the guy who wrote the essay. It's natural to tear and analyze the essay to shreds, but the writer?

Okay...
Wilhelm was Vilaeth's name on CxA.

For an idea of how much he did for us, look his name up on the CxA search bar.

ALSO GUYS ALL MACROS ARE FROM 4CHAN DIDN'T YOU KNOW
Oh god, I lol'd and felt guilty for that afterwards. New on the internet kind of thing...

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Too lazy, summarize plz.
Wilhelm/Hito translated a bunch of things for CxA, for free, and everyone was all well and good with him until he translated the infamous koibito line. Everyone threw a shit fit, declared him untrustworthy, and demoted him as a Cetra. They never banned him, but he was basically bullied out of the forum.

twilightprince.gif

Isabella

Your Mom
They have the right to make it like that. But it's stupid to mouth off about someone's neutrality and not actually, you know, take it up with them. When they can.
QFT. I want to see some examples of TLS staff silencing CxA shippers. They may (and probably will) disagree with them and say so, but in the capacity of a member, not as staff telling them what they're allowed to say.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
Yes, but the blunt force he needs is of the lead pipe variety, not the 'BE CHEERFUL, GRUMPYPANTS' Type.

Once upon a time I had a C/A fanart of this variety.

Wilhelm/Hito translated a bunch of things for CxA, for free, and everyone was all well and good with him until he translated the infamous koibito line. Everyone threw a shit fit, declared him untrustworthy, and demoted him as a Cetra. They never banned him, but he was basically bullied out of the forum.

THIS.

Splintered

unsavory tart

twilightprince.gif
omgplane.gif

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
LOL as amusing as these gifs are, we should probably try to stay on some semblance of a topic :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
So maybe it was supposed to be Mr. Donalds. See she meant to type "Mr Donalds" and accidentally typed "WacDonalds (the Japanese version of McDonalds)"... yeah the letters are so close to each other, I can see that... in fact I've done that several times. I meant to type Burger King, but I typed "Wuger King, the Japanese version of Burger King" like 10 times. I do it all the time. :monster:

EDIT
and I swear to god if anyone else thinks I'm being serious I'll hit you :monster:

Last edited:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
LOL as amusing as these gifs are, we should probably try to stay on some semblance of a topic :monster:

NEVER!!!! Ah....I don't have gifs, so here, these'll have to do.

ShutUp.jpg

Sources.jpg

Patterns-1.png

OFCOURSE.png

EDIT - Wait, I do have a gif!

Rydia3.gif

EDIT X 2- Just a "heh heh"...someone at CxA forums posted a topic about Tifa being "too" perfect, a Mary-Sue. Except the user who posted the topic goes by the name "Aerith the Goddess". Hm....

Last edited:

Sunstrider

Lesbian Aerith
AKA
Tess, Leaute
I admit I've been reading the pink forum a bit since all this started. Label me a certified lurker.

EDIT X 2- Just a "heh heh"...someone at CxA forums posted a topic about Tifa being "too" perfect, a Mary-Sue. Except the user who posted the topic goes by the name "Aerith the Goddess". Hm....

So I actually checked out this post in the midst of my devious lurking, but I couldn't get past this line...
And she also hates them all, Shinra, SOLDIER, bla blah, for no reason.

I mean, I actually don't think everyone on that forum is a blind follower of Aerith like she's some kind of cult figure. I don't. I don't agree with them on a lot of points, but you know. To each their own. It's their forum after all. But that? That's just...

Yeah. Tifa has no reason at all to hate Shinra and SOLDIER. NONE AT ALL. :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom