So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
NEVER!!!! Ah....I don't have gifs, so here, these'll have to do.

ShutUp.jpg

Sources.jpg

Patterns-1.png

OFCOURSE.png

EDIT - Wait, I do have a gif!

Rydia3.gif

EDIT X 2- Just a "heh heh"...someone at CxA forums posted a topic about Tifa being "too" perfect, a Mary-Sue. Except the user who posted the topic goes by the name "Aerith the Goddess". Hm....

Actually, that's reminds me of an interesting double standard.
When Aerith uses Koibito, it MUST count, because if she was wrong we'd be calling her delusional if they didn't count for Cloud too.
But when Tifa sees Cloud as the father of her kids, or as her lover, it DOESN'T count, because those are just HER emotions, and don't count for Cloud.

And before someone tries to hoist me by my own petard, I'm talking about using those quotes solely as their own examples, devoid of context, as the CxA forumites are wont to do, not as part of an interconnected set of evidence as is my MO.

As for no reason to hate Shinra- well burning down your home town is NOTHING, apparently. I've had people tell me CLOUD had no reason to want revenge against Sephypoo before Aerith's death.

crack

Donator
Yeah. Tifa has no reason at all to hate Shinra and SOLDIER. NONE AT ALL.
Hating Shinra for killing your father and destroying every last inch of your childhood is DESPICABLE.

But hating Tifa for no reason whatsoever is perfectly acceptable!

EDIT X 2- Just a "heh heh"...someone at CxA forums posted a topic about Tifa being "too" perfect, a Mary-Sue. Except the user who posted the topic goes by the name "Aerith the Goddess". Hm....
AKA rise007?

What's the WcDonalds thing?
WcDonalds isn't even spelled right...

But when Tifa sees Cloud as the father of her kids, or as her lover, it DOESN'T count, because those are just HER emotions, and don't count for Cloud.
Apparently Aerith and Cloud have telepathy.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Fuck sorry, I deleted my post because I found out well:

<CHOICE>
You all right?
We've gotta help Aerith!!

***Cloud
You all right?

Tifa
"Of course! If you take me lightly, you're gonna pay for it!!"

***Cloud
We've gotta help Aerith!!

Tifa
"Hey, don't you even care about how I am? ......never mind, let's
go!"

So yeah that IS what happens. According to this anyway.

I got it from here BTW:
http://members.fortunecity.com/sephkatana/ff7stuff/ff7disc1.txt
If that's wrong please tell me what the right quote is because I remember it differently.

EDIT: wth, where'd the post go?
Sorry sorry sorry, a mod can undelete that if they wish.

Last edited:

crack

Donator
So yeah that IS what happens. According to this anyway.
It doesn't look like she's screaming or angry. At least, if she was, there'd be a hell lot more of exclamation marks.

She sounds hurt.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
FFS Mako read what I wrote. XD

yeah the letters are so close to each other, I can see that... in fact I've done that several times. I meant to type Burger King, but I typed "Wuger King, the Japanese version of Burger King" like 10 times. I do it all the time.
Read that and tell me again what you think.

EDIT and now I know what it's like to reply to a post that's been deleted XD

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Sounds quip-ish, especially after the 'don't take me lightly' line. "What, not agonized over my well being every second?"
Remember, this gives her +3 AV towards the date.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Oh fuck you Mako :monster:

I knew I should have screenshot it. But really...

Tifa was glad Aerith died... discuss. :awesomonster:
not that that really has anything to do with the love triangle...

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
You know, I read that thread, even though I never go over to that forum. Ever. I think it's the fist thread I've ever read at that site. I would join but I don't think any of them would want me there. And you know, I would say this there if I didn't feel like I would be immediately banned. I mean heck, Channy joined there, then said something about not agreeing with one of their points, then was immediately banned and the post deleted. And she's a Clerith! She's always stirring up pseudo-drama in her Clerith club she made here at TLS. Sure it's rather light hearted but it's there. She's made her viewpoints known and even yelled at us for saying that KH wasn't Clerith. All this and even she was banned from CxA. And we all love her here (mostly). XD

But what I think should be pointed out to everyone on that forum, is that no, TLS is not a "Cloti forum." A lot of members here like to discuss other FFVII topics besides the LTD. Also, and this is my main point, all of the people that they seem to think are such mean rude Clotis are just, well, mean and rude anyway. On any forum in any thread talking about any topic, they act the exact same way. This isn't behavior that is reserved for just the LTD. This is just the way some people are in general. Even I've come to be at odds with people, and you know what? I throw it back in their face or argue against them. Most of the time nobody is even being serious and it's all a joke, no matter how mean it seems.

I mean hell, why do they think Mako is some huge Cloti dictator? I don't really get it, but then do any of these people get involved in anything outside of the LTD? Maybe if they did they would understand us all better. And maybe even Mako. lol No offense Mako bb ilu but sometimes you can be a twat but instead of running away crying I would so tell you and I have. Or I just laugh because we all know it's a huge joke anyway.

I mean, CxA has FFOF as an affiliate. FFOF! Sure that forum is fairly dead, but really, a lot of the people that post here/run this place that they think are so terrible also post at/run FFOF, and they aren't any different there than here, and FFOF doesn't even discuss the LTD (or even FF anymore for that matter).

And yes, I bet if there was a fantastic Clerith essay it would be posted. In fact I think TLS should. An essay section with differing viewpoints would be a lot of fun to have, I think. But maybe that's better suited for the suggestion section. And I think it has been brought up before if I recall.

Also, the only thing the peeps at CxA seem to have noticed was SoSD's LTD essay. Has anyone noticed that we also have a non-LTD essay by him that was just posted before this? TLS is showcasing his work simply because it's fairly well known in the fandom and has good points for pondering. He's a good writer. That's all. And I'm sure if he wrote something else in the future that would be hosted as well, LTD related or not.

I wonder, would anyone at CxA be willing to read what I just said? Link them to my post or copy paste? I think it needs to be said but I just feel like if I go there I'll be silenced before I can open my mouth.

Also there are a few of us who don't take DesFail seriously, and some who even think it's in bad taste (myself included).

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
You know, I read that thread, even though I never go over to that forum. Ever. I think it's the fist thread I've ever read at that site. I would join but I don't think any of them would want me there. And you know, I would say this there if I didn't feel like I would be immediately banned. I mean heck, Channy joined there, then said something about not agreeing with one of their points, then was immediately banned and the post deleted. And she's a Clerith! She's always stirring up pseudo-drama in her Clerith club she made here at TLS. Sure it's rather light hearted but it's there. She's made her viewpoints known and even yelled at us for saying that KH wasn't Clerith. All this and even she was banned from CxA. And we all love her here (mostly). XD

But what I think should be pointed out to everyone on that forum, is that no, TLS is not a "Cloti forum." A lot of members here like to discuss other FFVII topics besides the LTD. Also, and this is my main point, all of the people that they seem to think are such mean rude Clotis are just, well, mean and rude anyway. On any forum in any thread talking about any topic, they act the exact same way. This isn't behavior that is reserved for just the LTD. This is just the way some people are in general. Even I've come to be at odds with people, and you know what? I throw it back in their face or argue against them. Most of the time nobody is even being serious and it's all a joke, no matter how mean it seems.

I mean hell, why do they think Mako is some huge Cloti dictator? I don't really get it, but then do any of these people get involved in anything outside of the LTD? Maybe if they did they would understand us all better. And maybe even Mako. lol No offense Mako bb ilu but sometimes you can be a twat but instead of running away crying I would so tell you and I have. Or I just laugh because we all know it's a huge joke anyway.

I mean, CxA has FFOF as an affiliate. FFOF! Sure that forum is fairly dead, but really, a lot of the people that post here/run this place that they think are so terrible also post at/run FFOF, and they aren't any different there than here, and FFOF doesn't even discuss the LTD (or even FF anymore for that matter).

And yes, I bet if there was a fantastic Clerith essay it would be posted. In fact I think TLS should. An essay section with differing viewpoints would be a lot of fun to have, I think. But maybe that's better suited for the suggestion section. And I think it has been brought up before if I recall.

Also, the only thing the peeps at CxA seem to have noticed was SoSD's LTD essay. Has anyone noticed that we also have a non-LTD essay by him that was just posted before this? TLS is showcasing his work simply because it's fairly well known in the fandom and has good points for pondering. He's a good writer. That's all. And I'm sure if he wrote something else in the future that would be hosted as well, LTD related or not.

It will be, if it's FF7 related and of sufficient size/worthiness.

I wonder, would anyone at CxA be willing to read what I just said? Link them to my post or copy paste? I think it needs to be said but I just feel like if I go there I'll be silenced before I can open my mouth.

Also there are a few of us who don't take DesFail seriously, and some who even think it's in bad taste (myself included).

I don't think they care about being in good taste. I think they care about making sure spades are called spades, no matter how poor taste it is.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
Tennyo, I read it! ;; It was very well said!

This is so true. I won't lie, I haven't had the time to poke around the site as much as I'd like to, but I sometimes hate CxA's emphasis on LTDz ONLY.

My favorite thing ever was the early FFVII files and that thread died fast and hard. ;o;

ALSO THAT NEW TIFA THREAD IS MAKING MY EYES BLEED JESUS CHRIST

I SWEAR WE ARE NOT ALL THAT GODDAMN STUPID

leaute said:
Yeah. Tifa has no reason at all to hate Shinra and SOLDIER. NONE AT ALL.

i know i swear to god the logic fails me

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
This is so true. I won't lie, I haven't had the time to poke around the site as much as I'd like to, but I sometimes hate CxA's emphasis on LTDz ONLY.
They DID Notice it... unfortunately they noticed the wrong thing. They noticed the part where SoSD thanked Mako and TLS and that ruined all the credibility the LTD article had unfortunately.

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
They DID Notice it... unfortunately they noticed the wrong thing. They noticed the part where SoSD thanked Mako and TLS and that ruined all the credibility the LTD article had unfortunately.

They use TLS's (and Mako's) translations, too, don't they?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Mako does translations now? :monster:

and yeah they do when they're "unbiased"

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
As far as I know the only "translation" he was responsible for was when Hito wanted to use "sweetheart" in CoLW and Mako suggested beloved.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Nothing like starting out your morning with oatmeal which contains too much brown sugar and reading an LTD thread. Though, to be quite honest, I did not read the stuff from CxA because I knew it would either annoy me or piss me off and I'd prefer to be in a good mood when I open my new checking account. ANYWAYS~~

I remember the koibito shitstorm a longlong time ago on that forum and there was a lot of 'Well, koibito can be translated to be a nice person, right? Like calling your grandma your koibito?' and hitobito/wilhelm was like '...No. That'd be fucking creepy if you did.'

Good times, good times.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
OHMYGOSH YOU GUYZ!!!11 I JUST FOUND OUT THAT WACDONALDS IS REAL!!!! WE'RE SO WRONG ABOUT THE CLERITH TRANSLATORS!!11 THEY DON'T EVAR LIE!!!!!

LUK HIR!!11111234

Link to WacDonalds Official Website

Zomg everyone should stop this nonsense now. their rite!!

On a totally different note, is it just me or did some people just not read the LTD article past the first sentence? >_>

Quexi said:
As far as I know the only "translation" he was responsible for was when Hito wanted to use "sweetheart" in CoLW and Mako suggested beloved.

So hito is actually the biased Cloti for trying to troll and use "sweetheart", but got beaten into using "beloved" by Mako, the biased Clerith? That makes sense.

Viney said:
ALSO THAT NEW TIFA THREAD IS MAKING MY EYES BLEED JESUS CHRIST

I SWEAR WE ARE NOT ALL THAT GODDAMN STUPID

Wait. What? What new Tifa thread? O_o???

Tenten said:
I remember the koibito shitstorm a longlong time ago on that forum and there was a lot of 'Well, koibito can be translated to be a nice person, right? Like calling your grandma your koibito?' and hitobito/wilhelm was like '...No. That'd be fucking creepy if you did.'

My dad will throw a fit if I tell him I have a koibito. He hates nice persons, you see. :awesome:

I'm just wondering, why is the word koibito made such a big deal of? I mean, it's just one word. You don't see Clotis raging over Aerith's koibito to Cloud. Why such nonsense as koi_bito has to exist is beyond me.

Though, to be quite honest, I did not read the stuff from CxA because I knew it would either annoy me or piss me off and I'd prefer to be in a good mood when I open my new checking account.
You should read them though. While annoying, they're pretty lulzy. You can smell the butthurt from miles away. No offense, but it's true. :O

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
OHMYGOSH YOU GUYZ!!!11 I JUST FOUND OUT THAT WACDONALDS IS REAL!!!! WE'RE SO WRONG ABOUT THE CLERITH TRANSLATORS!!11 THEY DON'T EVAR LIE!!!!!

LUK HIR!!11111234

Link to WacDonalds Official Website

Zomg everyone should stop this nonsense now. their rite!!

Which one, AshkEnte, or the summoning of Larry, younger brother of Nyalathathotep?

On a totally different note, is it just me or did some people just not read the LTD article past the first sentence? >_>

So hito is actually the biased Cloti for trying to troll and use "sweetheart", but got beaten into using "beloved" by Mako, the biased Clerith? That makes sense.

Wait. What? What new Tifa thread? O_o???

Over at pink hell.

My dad will throw a fit if I tell him I have a koibito. He hates nice persons, you see. :awesome:

::Snarls at nice people::

I'm just wondering, why is the word koibito made such a big deal of? I mean, it's just one word. You don't see Clotis raging over Aerith's koibito to Cloud.

We don't, but certain pinkers apparently do. The Cloti can never seem to be located for questioning or reducation, tho...

Why such nonsense as koi_bito has to exist is beyond me.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DieForOurShip

Nuff said.

You should read them though. While annoying, they're pretty lulzy. You can smell the butthurt from miles away. No offense, but it's true. :O

A scent so strong, you can smell it through TCP/IP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom