So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
FF7 wasn't ltd driven or romance heavy for fucks sake.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Finding a topic:

I don't think that Dissidia is an ltd driven series, or particularly romance heavy or suppose to affirm the sekrits of the Final Fantasy series however,

If Dissidia is canon and this is a reference to Aerith, wouldn't that just be a nod to Cloud/Aerith in general? If we are suppose to just accept Cloud/Tifa are canon, why would they bother putting that in- especially since they are more likely aware that it would cause CA fodder.

Maybe because Cloud/Tifa isn't meant to be canon. I still agree CxT is canon, except the T doesn't stand for Tifa...

:monster:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
You shouldn't underestimate the economical force that is yaoi fangirls.

I don't, there's no limit to their tastelessness and stupidity. I'm gonna go check something, brb. I have a sad hunch....

EDIT - case of point, Adultfanfiction.net. 195 heterosexual FF7 fanfics....617 yaoi fanfics. And that's not counting the ones that are categorized and are in the "General" classification...

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Yeah let's talk about the "The only person I want to meet is..." line

Since it's obviously Aerith, what are your guy's thoughts on it? I think it's pretty hard to deny how strong a statement this is I mean yeah it could be "just meet as friends, lol." but if Cloud is over his guilt and he still wants to meet Aerith that badly... that doesn't leave a whole lot open to interpretation as to why he wants to meet her. I mean maybe sure, just friends, but I dunno, to me it's a pretty strong statement.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Yeah let's talk about the "The only person I want to meet is..." line

Since it's obviously Aerith, what are your guy's thoughts on it? I think it's pretty hard to deny how strong a statement this is I mean yeah it could be "just meet as friends, lol." but if Cloud is over his guilt and he still wants to meet Aerith that badly... that doesn't leave a whole lot open to interpretation as to why he wants to meet her. I mean maybe sure, just friends, but I dunno, to me it's a pretty strong statement.
Well, in Dissidia Cloud still seems very emotionally stunted like he seemed in the compilation so I wouldn't say that it is final product Cloud. Dissidia's placement in the continuity is kind of vague, and probably intentionally as well. Still, I think it's a notch on CA's bedpost.

But I kind of think that it is up to interpretation, (just like canon game :monster:). Cloud and Aerith have a remarkably strong and somewhat spiritual bond, the only problem is that what is the nature of the bond- it's up to the analysis of the fans. It always has been.

Vendel

Banned
Still, I think it's a notch on CA's bedpost.

I'm sorry but the only person Cloud shares a bedpost with is Tifa.

But I kind of think that it is up to interpretation, (just like canon game :monster:). Cloud and Aerith have a remarkably strong and somewhat spiritual bond, the only problem is that what is the nature of the bond- it's up to the analysis of the fans. It always has been.

Not really.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Terra : It is both honest and beautiful.
What kind of dream do you have Cloud?

Cloud : I've lost it.
Also what are your thoughts on this line? What was Cloud's dream that he lost? Obviously Cleriths think it was Aerith, what do you guys think?

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
I'm sorry but the only person Cloud shares a bedpost with is Tifa.

Not really.

You need to post more than that for us to actually take you seriously. :monster:

As for the "The only person I want to meet is" line, I thought it was Aerith he was referring to. It felt pretty connected to AC/C for me. Cloud wants to meet her to be forgiven. Except...it kind of doesn't follow how he did meet her and he wasn't happy about it (in AC/C)... so IDK. :awesome:

When I first played the Japanese version, I thought he was saying he wants to meet himself. It kind of clicked with what he kept telling Sephy about his "own reality". I had this inkling that he wanted to find his real self. And separate himself from the identity of Zack because he loves him too much.

I thought the Cloud in Dissidia was the Cloud in the Lifestream event. :monster: He was confused about why he was fighting, he remembers Zack, and Sephiroth was calling him a puppet and all. It just felt like Dissidia-Cloud is real Cloud but not really.

LOL @ me digressing

I don't know what I'm talking about now. I need to get some sleep. :awesome:

Edit:
Also what are your thoughts on this line? What was Cloud's dream that he lost? Obviously Cleriths think it was Aerith, what do you guys think?

Cleriths think it's Aerith? How does that go about with Cloud's past? He's never really known her before everything. Don't tell me there's an argument in which Cloud had always dreamed of Aerith before everything. That is too facepalm-worthy.

It's clear that it's referring to his dream about being in SOLDIER and being like Sephiroth. At least, to me it is. He lost that dream when Sephiroth went ga-ga and impaled him.

Though I do think about it being a reference to Zack (again). Cloud lost his dream, because now Zack's dream is his dream... which basically means that Cloud actually has a dream and...

Yeah, let's go with the former.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Cleriths think it's Aerith? How does that go about with Cloud's past? He's never really known her before everything. Don't tell me there's an argument in which Cloud had always dreamed of Aerith before everything. That is too facepalm-worthy.
Actually after re reading where I took that from, it doesn't say anything about that specifically, so .. I guess I kinda assumed they thought that but they don't actually say that. Nothing to see here folks
Please don't bash the cleriths for saying something I said they said when they didn't say it :(

And... as for Cloud wanting to meet Aerith... I guess it'd depend on whether or not you think Dissidia takes place before or after AC/C. :monster:

Last edited:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Don't make me destroy you.
Aw, c'mon. Don't be like that. I just miss your epic posts. Stop slacking off and get to it. :monster:

And... as for Cloud wanting to meet Aerith... I guess it'd depend on whether or not you think Dissidia takes place before or after AC/C.
One would immediately think that it takes place before AC/C. Like I said, it seemed the Cloud in Dissidia is the Cloud in the original FFVII game. Real!Cloud but not quite. I do think it takes place after Aerith's death, and maybe during Cloud remembering Zack. It won't be surprising for the line to be tied to Aerith, as he did want forgiveness and he was guilty and carp. It doesn't follow with the development that occured in AC/C, so yeah...

Though I won't go as far as say that Cloud wanted to meet Tifa because I'm not that desperate. :awesome: I'll accept it as C/A as I accept koibito as C/A because it's not really something I care about and it's not even threatening to what C/T and C/Z have.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Wait, why are we considering Dissidia canon? Did I miss something, or is this actually supposed to take place in the continuity of all the Final Fantasy games. Because if it's canon for Cloud, then it has to be canon for the rest of them, yes? So...where does Dissidia fit. Especially considering that Tidus is several thousand years older than Cloud. Spira and Gaia are essentially the same planet, yes? Considering Nojima's assertion that X is a prequel to VII...

**scratches head**

I understand the whole space/time being irrelevant when pulled into other dimensions, so if we ignore that (and we have to, obviously) that still leaves the question of "when" in each game could this event (logically) take place.

For the feather to mean shit to Squall, it would almost have to be after VIII ended... and...you know what, screw it. I'm not trying to puzzle piece Dissidia together to make one line fit into continuity.

Mako, is that the English line? "The one I want to meet is..." Because yeah, it definitely could be a nod to the ending of FFVII and Aerith. Or as Mei said, it could be Cloud wanting to find himself. Or Zack. Or his Mama. And since we all know that "..." = rejection, then whomever he wants to meet, he dislikes. Hinging a pairing on one line is silly. It's too easily knocked off. And saying that, i do think that line is MOST likely to be an Aerith call out.

And Cloud's dream is to be a hero. (and we all know who he wants to be a hero for, right?
Zack

But seriously, again...where is it said that Dissidia is canon? I really do want to know.

Vendel

Banned
Aw, c'mon. Don't be like that. I just miss your epic posts. Stop slacking off and get to it. :monster:

All of my post are epic.

And if you are feeling nostalgic for my longer winded ones? Then we have a handy search function.

As for Dissidia? I don't think it matters in the slightest. Where the LTD is concerned.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Hey my essay says it does *pouts*

... which has actually turned into a website that states pieces of evidence, the Clerith side, the Cloti side... and what I think... not that anyone wants to really hear what I think but :P

paoo

♥
It's kind of funny how they use some quote with Aerith's name in it in Cloud's profile as a fact. But just ignore big statements.

"Cloud met Aerith in the church."

OMG!!! How cute!!! *-*

"Cloud and Tifa came to realize their feelings for eachother in the end of the story, and live together in AC and DoC."

This totally means nothing. :awesome:

Do they realize how stupid that sounds?

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Oh dear god, I saw someone using Ultimania quotes that didn't prove crap like "Aerith flirts with Cloud". Congratz, you have a quote that proves something any moron with keyboard could have said: Aerith was interested in Cloud. :monster:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom