So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isabella

Your Mom
Could someone point out to me where on the front page the word NEWS is? That's what seems to have their panties in a bunch, that the essay appears in the News section, but I don't see the news label and I'm pretty sure not everything that appears on the page is breaking news. Am I blind?

Isabella

Your Mom
I disagree. The player is given freedom of choice on the first disc for a reason. If they have Cloud prefer Aerith during that time, they're neither right nor wrong.

If they think Cloud has no interest in Tifa and goes off to the church to slit in AC, that's when I'd say they enter into WRONG territory.

Vendel

Banned
I disagree. The player is given freedom of choice on the first disc for a reason.

And it has absolutely nothing to do with Cloud's feelings. You never have control over those. The compilation makes that clear. Hell the game itself should have made that clear.

Isabella

Your Mom
Are his feelings of friendship for the rest of Avalanche invalidated then? After all, he got to know them while he was in his mixed-up state.

Why couldn't he have been falling for Aerith but still end up with Tifa?

Vendel

Banned
Why couldn't he have been falling for Aerith but still end up with Tifa?
Because he didn't fall for Aerith. It's as simple as that.

Besides you answered your own question. Before the LS event Cloud was friends with AVALANCHE. Afterwords he still is. At what point after the LS event is he in love with Aerith? In fact during the LS event and after his only romantic interest is Tifa. And does Cloud really seem like the type of person to switch horses that quickly?
"I think I love Aerith....aaaaand now I love Tifa".
Given his issues It seems very unlikely.

Last edited:

Isabella

Your Mom
In love with Aerith, no, but I think the game gives you the freedom for him to be attracted to her or even starting to fall for her.

I really don't think the Cloti side of this argument does itself any favors by denying any possibility of a mutual attraction between them. It doesn't change how the LT ends.

Vendel

Banned
I really don't think the Cloti side of this argument does itself any favors by denying any possibility of a mutual attraction between them. It doesn't change how the LT ends.

Possibility is one thing. But actuality is another.

It's possible that Cloud could have been falling for Yuffie or Barret if you want to go that route. But considering the rest of the information available it seems silly to even bring it up.

Isabella

Your Mom
It's possible that Cloud could have been falling for Yuffie or Barret if you want to go that route. But considering the rest of the information available it seems silly to even bring it up.
C'mon, we all know those are gag dates for replay value. Where in the course of the story is Cloud given the option of flirting with those two?

And again, as I've said many times in this thread, I don't think Cloud falling for Aerith is canon. I don't think there's a "canon" way to play the first disc, period. In my own personal version, Cloud is drawn to both women and finds himself torn, all the while being unaware that they both want in his pants. But that's the way I played it, and I'd never try to argue it in a debate because that portion of the game gives people too many choices.

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
Of course, this is all technically irrelevant, as risque is a translation of the original word meaning 'practically obscene' or words to that effect, so, yeah.

In other words, just for the sake of clarity:

Chambers Dictionary said:
obscene adj (obscener, obscenest)

1 offensive to accepted standards of behaviour or morality, especially sexual morality.
2 colloq indecent; disgusting.
3 Brit law said of a publication: tending to deprave or corrupt.

ETYMOLOGY: 16c: from French obscène or Latin obscenus ill-omened, foul or indecent.

Which makes it sound more suggestive of a rape scene but there you go. Hence why 'practically' (almost/very nearly) was a good word for Ryu to use there..

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I think they just lost themselves a member...

?

Anastar said:
ISSDisk.jpg

Notice how Squall and Rinoa, Tidus and Yuna, and Cloud and Aerith are standing next to one another, while Tifa's pictured off to the side on her own.

Except she's not on her own....Vivi's a lucky bastard....don't forget in FF9, he has like, 12 kids. Wow Tifa, wow....

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
You... want me to take a picture of myself logging out?.. i'm not following...

EDIT:
I was talking about me people XD
I didn't think it'd be that hard to figure out :monster:

EDIT2: And I'm not going to comment on it any further than that, BTW, so don't expect me to join in on the bashing or anything :awesomonster:

Last edited:

Isabella

Your Mom
They're not REALLY using the art on a video game disc (of an AU game, no less) as evidence, are they? Please, someone tell me I imagined that.

If they want to go that route, do we need to point out how many times Tifa's mug, profile, etc., is right next to Cloud's in official works? Not that I'd count such a thing as holding any meaning, unless that's the bar they wish to set.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
They're not REALLY using the art on a video game disc (of an AU game, no less) as evidence, are they? Please, someone tell me I imagined that.

If they want to go that route, do we need to point out how many times Tifa's mug, profile, etc., is right next to Cloud's in official works? Not that I'd count such a thing as holding any meaning, unless that's the bar they wish to set.

If we go that route, then the entire FF7 cast is having one massive group orgy about now.

FFVII_Playable_Characters.jpg

File:FFVII_Playable_Characters.jpg

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie
I knew who Que was referring too. I'm a little sad to lose a spam partner, but you're free to choose whatever forums to roam in that make you happiest... and you do seem to roam in a lot. :p But hey, you tried your best to be the mediator. Just try to stick in this one, because I don't feel like going the extra milage and stalk you. DX

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
You... want me to take a picture of myself logging out?.. i'm not following...

EDIT:
I was talking about me people XD
I didn't think it'd be that hard to figure out :monster:

EDIT2: And I'm not going to comment on it any further than that, BTW, so don't expect me to join in on the bashing or anything :awesomonster:

Panty waist.

Isabella

Your Mom
Skimming over that link, it just strikes me how nonsensical most of it is. It doesn't adhere to any sort of common sense or consistency. So I have to wonder if they really believe everything they type, or if it's simply about refusing to give in at this point?

For example, the Highwind scene. They say C&T confirmed their friendship in that scene. OK, well then why did the writers choose to set it off with a suggestive line with a fade to black? And why was the two of them confirming friendship so embarrassing that Tifa was mortified the next morning? And why weren't we allowed to see them confirming their friendship? Generally fades to black are used for intimate moments, and when it's set up by a suggestive line, well, we're just supposed to assume in that moment of blackness that Cloud rejected her suggestion, conversation veered off to what great friends they are, etc?

None of this makes a damn bit of sense to me, and the optimist in me wants to believe it doesn't make sense to them, either.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Wow...just...wow. That's a whole level of "special" commitment to their fanon pairing. Their arguments are more twisted than Twizzlers... And AU game art as evidence? LMFAO... yeah. Let's hope these people never have to deal with "real" life.

And Quexi, wherever you spam is up to you, but I don't fault you for wanting to evacuate. It's almost oppressive--the mentality--and I'm not even a member. (Says silent prayer of thanks)

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
So I have to wonder if they really believe everything they type, or if it's simply about refusing to give in at this point?
I've wondered this for a while myself.

And Just so you guys don't think Clotis can't write bad fics:

*link removed*
OH GOD never mind, it... oh god... just.... just never mind...

And Quexi, wherever you spam is up to you,
I do most of my spamming at my own forum :monster:

Last edited:

Isabella

Your Mom
And Just so you guys don't think Clotis can't write bad fics:
I've never for a moment thought that. There are some shitty *cough* fics out there. Though I don't read fanfics generally, so the only ones I've seen have been the bad ones because someone pointed them out.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I've never for a moment thought that. There are some shitty *cough* fics out there. Though I don't read fanfics generally, so the only ones I've seen have been the bad ones because someone pointed them out.
Yeah it was that one, I didn't realize what it was at first... I mean it's called "Cloud Mows the Lawn" I had no idea what I was getting into...

Sorry if anyone saw that :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom