So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I can't imagine Cloud being so calm about it either. I mean I know he loves her and they're married but... I can't imagine anything less then, "What the... why are you shitting on the floor? What's wrong with you, girl?"

Maybe that's why Tifa was embarrassed under the Highwind... she took a shit and they all saw it :monster:

oh god I'm going to stop now... what's wrong with me? I'm sorry :(

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Except she's not on her own....Vivi's a lucky bastard....don't forget in FF9, he has like, 12 kids. Wow Tifa, wow....

Hilariously, on the game box, C and T are next to each other.

MORE hilariously, on the DVD 10-2 Yuna is next to Tidus. Fair enough. Yuna a la 10 is ALSO on that DVD. Note who SHE'S next to!

But yes, they want to spam the ISS disc at us, we shall spam the UO, U10, U20 and RF at them, say 'by your own logic, you lose' and return to actual relevant discussion.

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
Skimming over that link, it just strikes me how nonsensical most of it is. It doesn't adhere to any sort of common sense or consistency. So I have to wonder if they really believe everything they type, or if it's simply about refusing to give in at this point?

My feeling is that it's only a small, tiny portion of that bunch that truly believes in the arguments they put out. Some others probably don't believe in it, but are in it to keep up the good fight because they just like the Clerith pairing.

In both cases, though, I suspect that almost the whole group in that site doesn't really pay attention to their own arguments other than the conclusion. Who cares about consistency between points of arguments? There's no conflict in believing contradictory arguments simultaneously. Not when they all result in a Clerith outcome.

I suspect that for a number of them, it's only Clerith that matters, and with this Clerith-driven mindset it's only the consistency in the conclusion that they want.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
My feeling is that it's only a small, tiny portion of that bunch that truly believes in the arguments they put out. Some others probably don't believe in it, but are in it to keep up the good fight because they just like the Clerith pairing.

This was me, once upon a time. I didn't buy a lot of the counter-arguments for Cloti that were put out, but kept my mouth shut and went with it.

Isabella

Your Mom
My feeling is that it's only a small, tiny portion of that bunch that truly believes in the arguments they put out.
Agreed. If you think about it, most of the Clerith arguments/essays are from two, maybe three people. From what I've observed, other shippers will either latch onto their arguments and use them in debates, or they'll keep their mouths shut and quietly ship their pairing in their own way. But that's an awful lot of power to give only a handful of people, isn't it? I mean, the arguments they make are going to be what the rest of the FF7 fandom sees.

cReo

HRH The Prince of Hell
AKA
_=Taige=_
H! Guys..... i'm really new to this... who's telling the truth?:loopy::aah:

Anastar said:
Nomura: I believe, for those who formerly traveled with her as comrades and for the viewers, each carries their own feelings and loves for Aerith. In this story, Cloud also carries his own undying feeling for Aerith even to this very day. ~Nomura interview; Dengeki Playstation 2007

SoS said:
I’ll grant, Nomura has also made the following comments in an interview with Famitsu PS2, published in their October 24, 2003, issue:
“I believe for those who formerly traveled with her as comrades and for the viewers, each carries their own feelings and love for Aerith. In this story, Cloud also carries his own undying feeling for Aerith, even to this very day… It’s relation with the church scene is… Yup. I’ll leave this part to your imagination. (laughs)”

or is this a separate interview?, it's just that Nomura said the same thing

last 2003 in Famitsu PS2 and said it again last 2007 in Dengeki Playstation?..:awesome:

:monster:

Thanks....

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
ncwtf.gif

Is it possible both magazines printed the same interview?

Isabella

Your Mom
I wouldn't know because I have neither, but given his vagueness about the church scene I'd guess it was said before AC came out. So the 2003 date makes more sense to me.

Funny how that last bit about the church scene always seems to get left out.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
It seems to have gone the way of Cid's "The woman wears the pants..." line... :monster:

yeah it's definitely before AC, but I wonder if they printed the interview again to hype up ACC or something.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
H! Guys..... i'm really new to this... who's telling the truth?:loopy::aah:

or is this a separate interview?, it's just that Nomura said the same thing

last 2003 in Famitsu PS2 and said it again last 2007 in Dengeki Playstation?..:whistle:

:awesomonster:

Thanks....

SoS is telling the truth. I've not seen any scans that point to it being said in Dengeki in 2007. Now, if Anastar could provide, I don't know, EVIDENCE, that might be different, but that woman has used up all her benefit of doubt in my eyes.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I think they just lost themselves a member...
Eh, really?

I just skimmed the essay but I thought it was relatively well done. Why, does s/he say anything wrong/rude? I don't agree with some of it, but s/he does bring up a lot of interesting thoughts that just aren't brought up if you strictly think Cloud/Tifa are canons4lyfe.

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
Agreed. If you think about it, most of the Clerith arguments/essays are from two, maybe three people.

Mostly from Anastar and FFG.
They've started writing the Response To Sos Analysis and Im not sure I want to read it early in the morning, so I have no opinion on it so far.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Eh, really?

I just skimmed the essay but I thought it was relatively well done. Why, does s/he say anything wrong/rude? I don't agree with some of it, but s/he does bring up a lot of interesting thoughts that just aren't brought up if you strictly think Cloud/Tifa are canons4lyfe.
Lol, it has nothing to do with what they wrote. It's that I'm sick of the shit flinging. I got them permission from the owner of this site that they could send in a Clerith essay. After pages and pages of saying how unfair it was for TLS to post the Cloti one, and how they should have a neutral one, and what do they do? First off, they snub the offer because they were so sure that YopY somehow insulted him when he did nothing of the sort, then they decided the best course of action is to make their own :quote: news :quote: section, to tear apart SoS's essay. This is AFTER insulting the guy, and going on and on and on about how this place is so unfair to Cleriths. WHEN I JUST PROVED THE SITE OWN WOULD PUT UP THEIR ESSAY!

I'm annoyed because I got them EXACTLY what they wanted, and instead of taking me up on my offer, they decided to basically spit on it, make fun of TLS with a fake "news" section (notice no where on the TLS home page does it say news BTW) so they can further go on about SoS's essay.

:sigh:

I know I know, I was dumb to think they would ever listen to me in the first place, I got it. Que's a moron. What can you do?... there's other stuff that I'm annoyed with but I don't want to go into it right now... That's all. Sorry if it offends you or whatever.

Last edited:

TheMadHatter

Banned
AKA
Not Sure - guess the movie.
Lol, it has nothing to do with what they wrote. It's that I'm sick of the shit flinging. I got them permission from the owner of this site that they could send in a Clerith essay. After pages and pages of saying how unfair it was for TLS to post the Cloti one, and how they should have a neutral one, and what do they do? First off, they snub the offer because they were so sure that YopY somehow insulted him when he did nothing of the sort, then they decided the best course of action is to make their own :quote: news :quote: section, to tear apart SoS's essay. This is AFTER insulting the guy, and going on and on and on about how this place is so unfair to Cleriths.
Not to butt in or anything, maybe the pinkers just felt it was unfair because of the way the owner said it? I'm not picking sides, just saying.

And hell, if you got a offer from the owner to give to them and they just threw it back at you, than maybe they should take up some manner classes, because you were trying to help them and if they didn't take that help, than [in an Italian accent] *forget about em.* ;)
You obviously tried and you are obviously the better person here to try and stop the monkeys from throwing shit at each other. :D

Also..
ncwtf.gif

This is epic. Looks like a lying confused guy :monster:

Splintered

unsavory tart
Lol, it has nothing to do with what they wrote. It's that I'm sick of the shit flinging. I got them permission from the owner of this site that they could send in a Clerith essay. After pages and pages of saying how unfair it was for TLS to post the Cloti one, and how they should have a neutral one, and what do they do? First off, they snub the offer because they were so sure that YopY somehow insulted him when he did nothing of the sort, then they decided the best course of action is to make their own :quote: news :quote: section, to tear apart SoS's essay. This is AFTER insulting the guy, and going on and on and on about how this place is so unfair to Cleriths.

I'm annoyed because I got them EXACTLY what they wanted, and instead of taking me up on my offer, they decided to basically spit on it, make fun of TLS with a fake "news" section (notice no where on the TLS home page does it say news BTW) so they can further go on about SoS's essay.

:sigh:

I know I know, I was dumb to think they would ever listen to me in the first place, I got it. Que's a moron. What can you do?... there's other stuff that I'm annoyed with but I don't want to go into it right now... That's all. Sorry if it offends you or whatever.
Well, I guess they did act like immature brats, but the whole "post an essay on MY site" wasn't exactly a surprise. You can't convince a group of people that feel like they are being oppressed otherwise, no matter how stupid the idea is, it's a knee jerk emotional response. Also, I've never seen them post an essay with open comments, they just might not feel comfortable with it.

Trying to be a mediator between pairing fandoms will bring you nothing but headaches. *pats Que on the back* good try though.

TheMadHatter

Banned
AKA
Trying to be a mediator between pairing fandoms will bring you nothing but headaches. *pats Que on the back* good try though.

Yeah, good try. ;)

But um...I'm a little late on this forum and the others forum. What's a 'SoS'? Is it the call for help? :puppy:

TheMadHatter

Banned
AKA
I'm not a Clerith or a Cloti. You could say I...swing both ways. LOL
Actually though, I've mostly -only- have Cloti friends, although most of them like the pairing I actually like which is how we became friends.

But, I'll try to read that long ass essay -smiles and laughs- I don't read much internet stuffz. But I'll try to try :D

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I'm not a Clerith or a Cloti. You could say I...swing both ways. LOL
Actually though, I've mostly -only- have Cloti friends, although most of them like the pairing I actually like which is how we became friends.

Mukkiroth?
Ifriva?
Cait XIII?

But, I'll try to read that long ass essay -smiles and laughs- I don't read much internet stuffz. But I'll try to try :D

It's not particularly long.
Give the plot synopsis section a looksee as well.

TheMadHatter

Banned
AKA
Mukkiroth?
Ifriva?
Cait XIII?
What's a Mukkiroth? Is that some form of medication you take after you get some horrible illness you get from sleeping with someone? LOL I kid, I kid. But I still don't know what it is....so tell :}

I know what the others are...but no, I don't support those either. I actually go for CloudxAbuse/Pain....or CloudxTerra. But that's for a different game universe:joy::monster:

Give the plot synopsis section a looksee as well.
It seems pretty long...I've been up all night. Its 1:00 am here and my eyes are burning and I feel like punching the screen until my hand blows up and paints my room red...ya think I'm too tired or mentally ill right now to try and it read it? Lol

By "plot synopsis section", does that mean I can just search and find? :}

TheMadHatter

Banned
AKA
Just looked at the link and than the clerith's link....this was short. Hm, thought it was a monster sized essay. LoL

Where he said the player could pick or whatever, is that true? I've played the game and I just skipped pass the mushy-lovey parts to play the actual game. I remember giving the flower to Marlene -is that how you spell it?- and than saving Tifa at the fat guys house and than the circus part with Aerith. But I didn't really think they -the players- had the chance to pick the side. Also, I never knew the Playstation had that kind of power, you know, pick a part and it affects the story.

Generally speaking though, those in both camps argue in favor of their preferred relationship as canon.

I think SE will solve everyone's problem by either giving Cloud someone new or old. But canon is such a big word for a couple such as clerith and cloti. I mean, the makers never showed anything relevant enough to any of the couples. Its as SoS said, "preferred relationship" and "player’s own choices influence who Cloud’s affection".

I guess what I'm saying is, as fans of FFVII, maybe we should drop the debating and focus on our preferred couple until SE states which is canon.

I hope I didn't make enemies saying that...I'll edit this if I find errors...but I'll be tired, so it will probably remain the same LOL

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I guess what I'm saying is, as fans of FFVII, maybe we should drop the debating and focus on our preferred couple until SE states which is canon.
There's 6 pages to the essay :P I think you skipped a few. Read them all, one HAS been stated as canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom