So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
i am recently re-playing 7 and am try to stear away from the Aerith x Cloud options. and am noticing that there seem to be more forced moments with Aerith. and Tifa dose seem to show some hostility toward Aerith some of the time.

Haha. You mean when Tifa goes "EXCUSE ME"? I lol'd during that bit.

And moments with Tifa do seem to be less forced but that's possibly because Cloud regards her as his childhood friend at this point and Aerith is generally more go-getter.

TragicPumpkin

Pumpkin King
AKA
Vistillian Visty
Hostility IS a big word for what she dose. its hard to grasp what the emotions rely are since we're only able to read what there saying. perhaps Tifa would be using a taunting tone like any childhood friend would do.

TragicPumpkin

Pumpkin King
AKA
Vistillian Visty
Yeah i think Aerith as a character is more aggressive. and cloud being the woman he is goes along with it lol. Not many men would agree to dress in drag. I think Aerith had some fetish issues. lol

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Cloud has some mental issues.

They were made for each other!

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Except there was that other Square Enix game, Xenogears, in which
the "other" female dies but isn't actually the main character's love interest
. But that didn't stop it being tragic or impacting on the hero.

In other words, SE didn't feel that way there so why here?

Well Xenogears also had the 'beta' female who was attracted to the hero in pink.
Granted, she was another SPECIES, but still, kinda kiboshes the whole 'the heroine in pink' idea.
It also had the child of the hero and his love interest from 1000 years ago, but let's not get into that here.

Fighter

Pro Adventurer
The majority of us don't think it's love but how many think it's just simple comradery?

Is camaraderie simple? Examine Zack and Cloud, now replace Zack with a female. What would a lot of people think? Exactly. It's really not about the nature of the bond itself, it's about the inherent tension between two romantically feasible characters which makes people reach for that particular dimension given any relationship dramatic enough.

Isabella

Your Mom
Examine Zack and Cloud, now replace Zack with a female. What would a lot of people think?
A lot of people around here don't need to replace Zack with a female to think that. :lol:

But I agree. Any intense connection between male and female characters always seems to be made romantic by somebody.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Is camaraderie simple? Examine Zack and Cloud, now replace Zack with a female. What would a lot of people think? Exactly. It's really not about the nature of the bond itself, it's about the inherent tension between two romantically feasible characters which makes people reach for that particular dimension given any relationship dramatic enough.
Eh, I the difference here is that there was a romantic link between Aerith and Cloud. In the end, it was unrealized and could not mature into a relationship.

But Zack was defined as his best friend and Aerith was... something different.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Eh, I the difference here is that there was a romantic link between Aerith and Cloud. In the end, it was unrealized and could not mature into a relationship.

But Zack was defined as his best friend and Aerith was... something different.

Aerith was defined as a comrade.

And Cloud was oblivious to her intentions. Whatever romantic attraction there was, it can't be more than that, since the boy never realized she was jonesing for him.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yeah i think Aerith as a character is more aggressive. and cloud being the woman he is goes along with it lol. Not many men would agree to dress in drag. I think Aerith had some fetish issues. lol

Cloud only dressed in drag so that he could sneak into Don Corneo's mansion to make sure Tifa was okay. If he hadn't been so worried about getting in there to save her if she needed it then Cloud would have never, ever dressed up like that.

Search deep inside yourself. You know it to be true.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Agreed, Tenny! Even though at times you can make Cloud's concern focus on Aerith during that time, most of it is on Tifa. And hey, if you play your cards right you even get a scene saying that Cloud is putting up with it specifically for her. xD

Edit: Even though that was a billion pages back, I just wanted to agree that the new set-up on TNC sucks balls.

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
Agreed, Tenny! Even though at times you can make Cloud's concern focus on Aerith during that time, most of it is on Tifa. And hey, if you play your cards right you even get a scene saying that Cloud is putting up with it specifically for her. xD

I wasn't aware of that. Where is it?

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Cloud
"This is SOME underwear.... I'm supposed to wear this...?"
"Well, if it's to save Tifa... I guess there's no way around."

Tada!

Sunstrider

Lesbian Aerith
AKA
Tess, Leaute
NULL! /fangirls all over herself.

I take this as a combined effort of Aerith's pushiness and Cloud's desire to save Tifa.

TragicPumpkin

Pumpkin King
AKA
Vistillian Visty
That is just one confused ass part of the game. i think they were smoking opium when they wrote that portion of the game. =/

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Riiiiight Cloud, it's just to save Tifa and there's no other way around it... suuuurrreee, I get you :awesomonster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Wow, 12 hours without a single post in this thread...

That's a record. Way to go at fucking up our thread, Que.

Leaute said:
I take this as a combined effort of Aerith's pushiness and Cloud's desire to save Tifa.

Those are Cloud's internal thoughts. Aerith isn't in the scene while he's picking out underwear.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
But he'd be more than willing to do it if it was for Tifa.

That's true love right there :awesome:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Okay. I've asked nearly 15 people in and out of person, and all of them have responded 'Yes, feelings for each other means romantic interest or mutual relationship'
Hell, searching on google, all I GET is relationship hits.

So I gotta ask, how the hell can some people NOT GET that 'feelings for each other' means romance? And then how can these same people turn around and with no evidence declare that one of the people in the 'feelings for each other' statement loves someone else.

Other than massive bias/ preference that is.

Oh, and a man dressing up like a girl, down to the thong to save a girl, there's certainly something non platonic there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom