So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
Okay. I've asked nearly 15 people in and out of person, and all of them have responded 'Yes, feelings for each other means romantic interest or mutual relationship'
Hell, searching on google, all I GET is relationship hits.

So I gotta ask, how the hell can some people NOT GET that 'feelings for each other' means romance? And then how can these same people turn around and with no evidence declare that one of the people in the 'feelings for each other' statement loves someone else.

Other than massive bias/ preference that is.

Oh, and a man dressing up like a girl, down to the thong to save a girl, there's certainly something non platonic there.

You don't seem to get it at all, Ryu.
They don't love each other platonically, it's more kind of mother/son like love.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Didn't you know friends realize their platonic feelings for each other together all the time?

Roffle. The insane burden of proof people try to require for common sense sometimes is...insane. :monster:

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
Didn't you know friends realize their platonic feelings for each other together all the time?

Roffle. The insane burden of proof people try to require for common sense sometimes is...insane. :monster:

Insane is seeing Cloud moving towards Aerith in the end of AC.
Bcos if you can twist something THAT obvious... :whistle:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Some people really do think Cloud moved out of Seventh Heaven, is searching for Aerith, and the reason Cloud's not at Seventh Heaven during the ending of DC, is because he doesn't live there anymore, and he's just out looking for Vincent while also searching for Aerith.

That's the reality of fandom delusion.

Vendel

Banned
Okay. I've asked nearly 15 people in and out of person, and all of them have responded 'Yes, feelings for each other means romantic interest or mutual relationship'
Hell, searching on google, all I GET is relationship hits.

So I gotta ask, how the hell can some people NOT GET that 'feelings for each other' means romance? And then how can these same people turn around and with no evidence declare that one of the people in the 'feelings for each other' statement loves someone else.

Other than massive bias/ preference that is.

I think you answered your own question.

On a side note. All this talk of Clouds office. I found a couple of interesting screen caps.

Here is Cloud's office from a different shot.
Cloudsoffice.jpg

Notice nothing in this shot makes one think bedroom. No dressers or anything on those walls either.

On a funny note here is Clouds' "room" at the church.
Cloudsquoteroom.jpg

And with that one chest he has exactly 100% more bedroomy stuff in the church than his office.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Oh lord Vendel, that should go in SoS's LT analysis. The fucking church, has more amenities than the damn office. :monster:

Excellent point.

Isabella

Your Mom
Some of the more "too far gone" shippers must feel like Cloud's cheating on them by ending up with Tifa. That's all I can figure. Why else would Cloud ending up with Tifa be SO threatening? It doesn't have to negate what they want to believe he was feeling for Aerith.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I have to say...as a card carrying Cloti, I did feel a bit betrayed by Aerith when she called Cloud a lover in Lifestream White. How dare she say that. We already had established she was with ZACK. How DARE her and the author shatter our understanding and view of the narrative!!! We worked hard building up that base.

I can understand that pain all too well.

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
I have to say...as a card carrying Cloti, I did feel a bit betrayed by Aerith when she called Cloud a lover in Lifestream White. How dare she say that. We already had established she was with ZACK. How DARE her and the author shatter our understanding and view of the narrative!!! We worked hard building up that base.

Now Mako, it's not a big problem at all.
All you have to do is write an article (or series of articles) saying that Aerith was apparently drunk at the moment or she had a fight with Zack and thought that just to spite him.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
They want Cloud to pine eternally for Aerith and find a way to be with her.

Even though Cloud has demonstrated jackall interest in doing such.

Possibly, as Bella suspects, because they want to be Aerith.

Addendum: Ani, dontcha just LOVE the system they set up over at TNC this time?

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time

Glasses.jpg

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Possibly, as Bella suspects, because they want to be with Aerith.

Fixx'd. :awesome:

And yeah. The terms at TNC are...unique, to say the least. It's like setting up a tournament round in Duel Monsters, or something.

@Drake

Oh you're good...:monster:

Isabella

Your Mom
BTW Vendel, that pic contradicts the idea that Cloud's office can't be a bedroom because of the window in the door. Way to go! (lol jk)

Hey, random, but the relationship charts in the 20th Ann. Ulti are just reprints from old guides, right? They aren't intended to be Official Declarations Of Couple Canonocity? (Canonness? Canondom?)
*hands Mako a tissue*

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah, people trying to use relationship charts as some proof must not understand what they are. They're vague. They only speak superficially of the connection between characters. It does not speak of the subtleties or details of the interactions of any character. If you look at some of them you'll find some obvious contradictions or purposeful omitions. You can't just sum up Cloud and Tifa as "childhood friends" or Cloud and Aerith as "bodyguard relationship." It's stupid.

*takes tissue* Thank you Anastar. You're so kind...

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'm in an evil mood today folks, don't mind me. :awesome:

But in all seriousness, looking towards those relationship charts as proof is like looking the back of a DVD cover for an indepth synopsis of an entire movie or tv series. Just...no.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
OMFG BELLA IS ANASTAR IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW... wait... no it doesn't o.o

Wow, 12 hours without a single post in this thread...

That's a record. Way to go at fucking up our thread, Que.
Just doing what I do best :awesome:

So yeah good point on the church having more amenities than the office XD I never would have thought of that.

Isabella

Your Mom
Sillies, it's not just that they're friends it's that they're better friends. They confessed their stronger friendship feelings.

OMFG BELLA IS ANASTAR IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW...
My cover was going so well. Damn it Mako

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I'm in an evil mood today folks, don't mind me. :awesome:

But in all seriousness, looking towards those relationship charts as proof is like looking the back of a DVD cover for an indepth synopsis of an entire movie or tv series. Just...no.

Hilariously, I am reminded of the back of several hongkong bootlegs, but specifically one for Cowboy Bebop, which told a very interesting story that was in no way, shape, or form the actual story of Cowboy Bebop.

And the relationship chart lists CID as still a member of ShinRa and as treating Sierra poorly, instead of married to her.

Sillies, it's not just that they're friends it's that they're better friends. They confessed their stronger friendship feelings.

My cover was going so well. Damn it Mako

The dissent has been fomented! Sales of FFVII products shall continue unabated! Now let us retreat to SE so that we may formulate a new devious scheme with which to somehow drive up sales!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom