So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isabella

Your Mom
And the relationship chart lists CID as still a member of ShinRa and as treating Sierra poorly, instead of married to her.
Good to know. Too bad no one seems to read the parts that have nothing to do with the trio.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Oh lord Vendel, that should go in SoS's LT analysis. The fucking church, has more amenities than the damn office. :monster:

Excellent point.

It's easy enough, though, to conclude that he took the footlocker with him when he left if you were thinking that he was sleeping in the office.

Glasses.jpg

Stylish.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
It's easy enough, though, to conclude that he took the footlocker with him when he left if you were thinking that he was sleeping in the office.

Stylish.

Be sure to bring up that point about the relationship chart in the debate you're having with Anastar. I think that definitely sinks the argument about them not being validated there, since as Ryu pointed out, it doesn't even list Sierra and Cid as married, and still lists him as being part of Shinra.

That's a nuclear warhead to sink that ship. :monster:

null.

Pro Adventurer
Quit spamming.

tomgreensandwich.gif

Having said that,

I'm in an evil mood today folks, don't mind me. :awesome:

But in all seriousness, looking towards those relationship charts as proof is like looking the back of a DVD cover for an indepth synopsis of an entire movie or tv series. Just...no.

Is it that relationship chart that says Cloud likes Tifa/Aerith as friends? Haven't seen it in ages, but I recall it being fairly accurate if you restrict its scope to disk 1. Lump that in with the "Cloud is none the wiser" quote.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Be sure to bring up that point about the relationship chart in the debate you're having with Anastar. I think that definitely sinks the argument about them not being validated there, since as Ryu pointed out, it doesn't even list Sierra and Cid as married, and still lists him as being part of Shinra.

That's a nuclear warhead to sink that ship. :monster:

That is a good point that he brought up, yes. As said before, the chart's right if you're looking at Disc 1. It just has the same information -- actually, a little less -- that the chart from the Ultimania Omega had. But what is there matches the UO chart.

It also bears pointing out that even the 10th Anniversary Ultimania for FFVII didn't mention Cid and Shiera being married in either the chart for the original game (even more limited than the FF 20th Anniversary's) or DC. For that matter, the DC chart shows a link between Hojo and Weiss but with a "?" instead of any details.

These charts really aren't trying to give you insight you couldn't glean from elsewhere.

Vendel

Banned

So when Cloud left to find a cure for Denzel and he took his footlocker with him? Which if we go by what is shown is the only piece of furniture Cloud owns.

And no one thought anything was up until he had been gone long enough that he could be considered missing?

Hinata Hyuga

wallflower
AKA
Juniper, Rinali, Legretta
Okay, I was talking to a buddy of mine(not that it's important, but she's of the opinion that Cloud and Tifa are together, but likes Cloud n' Aerith a lot better. She's even thought that the were together back in the game), and she asked me a few questions:

How long was Cloud away from home? How, if Tifa knows Cloud so well, doesn't she know why he left or where to find him?

She had some more, but I can't remember.

Vendel

Banned
How long was Cloud away from home?

Not long would be the short answer. I can't rember where the quote was. But the only length of time associated it that I can remember is "a short time" or something close to that.

And logic dictates that it wasn't a lengthy period of time just from how everyone is acting. My educated guess? 1-4 weeks.

How, if Tifa knows Cloud so well, doesn't she know why he left or where to find him?

Well she did show up to the church looking for him....

As for not knowing why? Well give Tifa a little break here. Her koibito just ups and disappears on her (and the children). Deductive reasoning on her part might be a bit lacking for awhile.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Tifa ain't a goddamn psychic, and you never know a person entirely or enough. FFS expecting her to know how to react to and know what's going on in any given situation is fucking stupid.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Okay, I was talking to a buddy of mine(not that it's important, but she's of the opinion that Cloud and Tifa are together, but likes Cloud n' Aerith a lot better. She's even thought that the were together back in the game), and she asked me a few questions:

How long was Cloud away from home? How, if Tifa knows Cloud so well, doesn't she know why he left or where to find him?

She had some more, but I can't remember.

Less than a month, as his leaving was described in the same time point as the entire rest of AC/C.

And while she understands him well, she does not understand everything, especially in this case she did not know he had Geostigma, which he contracted while away, and did not inform anyone about. She figured out the where quick enough, and the why once she got to the where.

Isabella

Your Mom
I thought she did know why he left. If not at the moment it happened, then certainly when she saw his bandage in the church. You can see it in her face. And when she talks to him at 7th Heaven later, she nails it. She knows that he's giving up, she knows that he's scared of failure, she knows that he's dragging the past around, etc.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
So when Cloud left to find a cure for Denzel and he took his footlocker with him? Which if we go by what is shown is the only piece of furniture Cloud owns.

And no one thought anything was up until he had been gone long enough that he could be considered missing?

Obviously I'm not backing the notion that this is the only piece of furniture he owns and that he did take it with him when he left. But someone could make the argument that he took it when he left initially or that he came back for it during the night at some point.

I don't see the footlocker as a big deal in the large scheme of things anyway.

Vendel

Banned
But someone could make the argument that he took it when he left initially or that he came back for it during the night at some point.

Which would just bring up more questions.

I don't see the footlocker as a big deal in the large scheme of things anyway.

It was never meant to be this big AH HA! thing. I just thought it was funny that Cloud has more actual room type things in the church than the room that some call his bedroom.

Just one more thing in the overall "Cloud's office is not his bedroom".

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Which would just bring up more questions.

It was never meant to be this big AH HA! thing. I just thought it was funny that Cloud has more actual room type things in the church than the room that some call his bedroom.

Just one more thing in the overall "Cloud's office is not his bedroom".

Yeah, I feel you. At any rate, the footlocker does show that Cloud has some concern for the practicality of a place to store shit.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I really don't think the footlocker belonged to Cloud, probably just something Aerith had there. I don't see that getting trapped onto Fenrir. But either way, Cloud even in the utmost depression made that church a lot more homely then the office in only a few weeks while he, if the office were his bedroom, he'd have spent two years in that dump. It's just not even plausible.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
I really don't think the footlocker belonged to Cloud, probably just something Aerith had there. I don't see that getting trapped onto Fenrir. But either way, Cloud even in the utmost depression made that church a lot more homely then the office in only a few weeks while he, if the office were his bedroom, he'd have spent two years in that dump. It's just not even plausible.

Logic would dictate the footlocker is Cloud's. As is the lantern and the bedroll. And that same logic confirms the office as--the office. :awesome:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Why would Aerith have a footlocker though, and what would be in it? It's not like she lived at the Church.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
She practically did. I don't know what kinda tools are involved with tending to flowers. I'm sure she had some stuff there that she wanted behind lock and chain but didn't want to carry home every day.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I dunno, that seems pretty unlikely. Why would it be there and not at her house? And why is it we never see this foot locker in any Compilation game? It doesn't make sense, since the foot locker is clearly with Cloud's stuff. Aerith never had her things off to the side away from the flower patch.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I dunno, that seems pretty unlikely. Why would it be there and not at her house? And why is it we never see this foot locker in any Compilation game? It doesn't make sense, since the foot locker is clearly with Cloud's stuff. Aerith never had her things off to the side away from the flower patch.

Well Cloud may have moved it there, I just don't see him holding that giant thing under his arm while he bikes over there.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
So then you really think Aerith just left a convenient footlocker for Cloud to use there? One we've never, ever seen before in any other game or story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom