So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neutron Ronnie

From The Front of Armament
AKA
Powerslave
So then you really think Aerith just left a convenient footlocker for Cloud to use there? One we've never, ever seen before in any other game or story?

I don't think she left it there for him. :P (Though that sounds like a perfect round of Pink Ammunition - I can just see it - "Aerith left behind a footlocker for Cloud because she KNEW he was gonna live in her church - tru luv.")

There are things that we know existed that don't crop up on "subsequent" games/the movie - for one, what happened to Aerith's wheelbarrows? :P

Couldn't Cloud have salvaged the damn chest from somewhere? Like from the wreckage outside the church?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I don't think she left it there for him. :P (Though that sounds like a perfect round of Pink Ammunition - I can just see it - "Aerith left behind a footlocker for Cloud because she KNEW he was gonna live in her church - tru luv.")

There are things that we know existed that don't crop up on "subsequent" games/the movie - for one, what happened to Aerith's wheelbarrows? :P

Couldn't Cloud have salvaged the damn chest from somewhere? Like from the wreckage outside the church?

She ditched them so that she could sell her flowers above the plate. You can't carry a wheel barrel on a train.

Where are you getting he salvaged it? You're adding a bunch of extraneous speculation and shit that has no basis or logic regarding the evidence. The footlocker is with Cloud's stuff. It was never seen before in the church. Cloud brought his things in the church because he was living there waiting to die. Ergo, it's Cloud's foot locker. All this speculation of it being there or belonging to Aerith has zero basis in the story. It's telling us it belongs to Cloud.

I'll ask you this: how did Cloud get that chest of materia there with him? He obviously took it with him. Does that not fit with him carrying that on Fenrir too?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
She ditched them so that she could sell her flowers above the plate. You can't carry a wheel barrel on a train.

Where are you getting he salvaged it? You're adding a bunch of extraneous speculation and shit that has no basis or logic regarding the evidence. The footlocker is with Cloud's stuff. It was never seen before in the church. Cloud brought his things in the church because he was living there waiting to die. Ergo, it's Cloud's foot locker. All this speculation of it being there or belonging to Aerith has zero basis in the story. It's telling us it belongs to Cloud.

I'll ask you this: how did Cloud get that chest of materia there with him? He obviously took it with him. Does that not fit with him carrying that on Fenrir too?

Actually, her cart's wheel broke, and she wouldn't get it fixed unless Zack fixed it for her.

And actually, there might be a box of similar shape in the back of the church, though I'd have to double check. Whether Cloud brought it or salvaged it is no big deal, though.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'm pretty positive there's no box in the Church in FFVII or CC, especially a box that's a footlocker like Cloud's.

The argument he couldn't bring it with him due to its size is rendered moot thanks to him bringing a big chest of materia with him to the church to look after.

And thanks for reminding me about the cart as well.

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie
WTF GUYS, I NEGLECT THIS THREAD FOR A BIT AND COME BACK TO SEE YOU ARGUING OVER FOOTLOCKERS, WHEELBARROWS, AND CARTS?

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
Arguing over footlocker now?...

edit;
WTF GUYS, I NEGLECT THIS THREAD FOR A BIT AND COME BACK TO SEE YOU ARGUING OVER FOOTLOCKERS, WHEELBARROWS, AND CARTS?

:monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Quit crying, it's part of the broader picture that differentiates Cloud's office from his bedroom and how he somehow has more basic amenities camping out at an abandoned church, than at his own home in his supposed bedroom.

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
Quit crying, it's part of the broader picture that differentiates Cloud's office from his bedroom and how he somehow has more basic amenities camping out at an abandoned church, than at his own home in his supposed bedroom.

Becuz he'd better sleep in abandoned church with Aerith, than a cozy room with Tifa. Eww.

Smaddy

Green Mage
People are arguing over how Cloud got that footlocker and/or Materia chest from wherever to the church?

This is the same world where you could wonder: where and how did they carry all their armor, weaponry, items, etc during the course of FF7? Also, there's always the party walking into and out of Cloud. :P

Neutron Ronnie

AKA
Powerslave

Woah, woah.

First of all, I SUGGESTED that he MIGHT have salvaged it. IIRC, Cloud gave up on living and crawled off to die, right? (All the arguments are making my memory fuzzy.) Funny he'd go through the trouble of lugging that damn unwieldly looking thing around with him, then. I just thought it was more likely that he found it somewhere rather than took the trouble to carry it with him from the Seventh.

The materia is different, because Cloud would've wanted to keep it from falling into the wrong hands. I imagine it's more important than whatever bits and bobs he might've owned.

Note that I'm not arguing that Cloud had a problem carrying any box on Fenrir. I'm just saying I woudln't have thought a guy who was retreating to die would bother with a damn chest. I'd have just tossed my stuff into a duffel bag or something, if I'd bothered at all.

Crazy fellow remembers to bring a chest with him, but couldn't find room in it for his precious photos or a nice bit of bedding? :monster:

null.

Pro Adventurer
I thought he was retreating to study geostigma. I haven't seen ACC and probably won't ever bother, but that's what I read here.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Woah, woah.

First of all, I SUGGESTED that he MIGHT have salvaged it. IIRC, Cloud gave up on living and crawled off to die, right? (All the arguments are making my memory fuzzy.) Funny he'd go through the trouble of lugging that damn unwieldly looking thing around with him, then. I just thought it was more likely that he found it somewhere rather than took the trouble to carry it with him from the Seventh.

Again, I ask you..did he salvage that materia chest?

The materia is different, because Cloud would've wanted to keep it from falling into the wrong hands. I imagine it's more important than whatever bits and bobs he might've owned.

They're still his though. Those are his possessions. The fact is, is that how he got it there isn't the point. It's with his belongings, just like the footlocker is, along with his sleeping bag and lamp. You questioning how he got it there is irrelevant, when we've got everything else being identified as Cloud's.

Note that I'm not arguing that Cloud had a problem carrying any box on Fenrir. I'm just saying I woudln't have thought a guy who was retreating to die would bother with a damn chest. I'd have just tossed my stuff into a duffel bag or something, if I'd bothered at all.

If Cloud can take the time to carry a lamp, a sleeping bag, bandages, and other amenities with him, as well as his materia, then questioning him bringing his stuff is redundant. He clearly has afforded himself amenities while staying in that church.

Crazy fellow remembers to bring a chest with him, but couldn't find room in it for his precious photos or a nice bit of bedding? :monster:

He brought a sleeping bag though.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I thought he was retreating to study geostigma. I haven't seen ACC and probably won't ever bother, but that's what I read here.

Exactly. That's why he initially left. To find a cure to save Denzel.

And why not see it? You could easily download it online if you're too cheap to get a PS3 :monster:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
You can even watch it online if you just PM me or Drake, but anyway Cloud's Geostigma studying material was at the bar. Though admittedly I can't make out what those pieces of paper next to the sleeping mat says. I just think that an old church having crates and chests like that in a storageroom is a simpler explanation then Cloud actually choosing to haul it over there. Even Denzel was once part of a salvage team. If he wanted furnitureand was speficially out to get some, I don't see that being the first thing you pick. Admittedly it did have that dusty and old look to it that Cloud seemed to be going for with the church.

As for the Materia case, you got me. I honestly don't see why it was there beyond giving the Silverhaired men a cheap advantage. Cloud already stopped using materia and it was way more save in the Seventh Heaven where there are a hundred places to hide it.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
The Materia chest was in the church because Cloud stashed it there for Yuffie.

null.

Pro Adventurer
Well, Cloud was still working/delivering, right? Maybe he bartered for it.

And Ryu, that begs the question, how did Yuffie drag it in there?

Neutron Ronnie

AKA
Powerslave
Again, I ask you..did he salvage that materia chest?

Er, no... I never meant to imply that he did... I imagine that's the materia he kept at the beginning of CoY, and it probably stayed in the chest throughout. However, I just find it a wee bit odd that he's going to take the trouble to lug a CHEST around. I'm not arguing that he didn't afford himself amenities.

Also, what? Cloud left to find a cure for geostigma? Not because he contracted the disease himself and was going to die?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom