So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Wow I didn't even know he said that... I gotta read these reunion file thingies.

Same as it was with the Promise Land thing I guess.

It's a strong quote, because the question was about how he went about creating the Advent Children story and he says first and foremost: "I knew one thing for certain; Cloud and Tifa would be together. Everyone would be where they belonged."

That's confirmation. In the most straightforward way imaginable and yet it's contested by pinkers and their refusal to acknowledge that he wasn't referring to Seventh fucking Heaven.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Incidentally, if hito is getting that many offers of n00dz in exchange for translations, I really need to learn myself some Japanese :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Haha I still owe you n00dz don't I? :awesomonster:

That's confirmation. In the most straightforward way imaginable and yet it's contested by pinkers and their refusal to acknowledge that he wasn't referring to Seventh fucking Heaven.
This most recent interview is confirmation too. Unless Nojima just spouts random stuff about marriage in all his interviews.

"Well, when creating Blue Dragon I wanted to create an environment that, by the way, marriage is... well let's not get into that now, as I was saying..."
(Ryu made the joke first)

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Well I guess I can see FFVII being up to interpretation by itself. But that's really the only one, and at the time we didn't know what happened afterwards. NOW when you look at the compilation as a whole, yes it's confirmation.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I always thought that discs two and three were a bit less ambiguous than disc one, what with all the huge plots twists being revealed and all.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Ehh, I could see a case being made for the original English translation of FFVII without the Ultimanias etc. being open to a fair bit of interpretation, but insofar as the creators' actual intent is concerned it definitely isn't up to interpretation. Most of the ambiguity, as implied, results from a shitty translation.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Ehh, I could see a case being made for the original English translation of FFVII without the Ultimanias etc. being open to a fair bit of interpretation, but insofar as the creators' actual intent is concerned it definitely isn't up to interpretation. Most of the ambiguity, as implied, results from a shitty translation.

Which is basically what I'm saying :monster:

Okay, really, not trying to be a bitch here. But no, you're wrong. It isn't up to interpretation. At all.
Then explain to me why I can go on a date with 1 of four people.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Then explain to me why I can go on a date with 1 of four people.

If you played the game, then you know. And of those 4 people, Cloud only shows interest in ONE during the date. So... again, silly little date thing aside, there is no mystery in interpreting who Cloud loves.

The date scenes, in and of themselves, can't be used as confirmation on any pairing due to the very fact that it's variable depending on stats derived from the player. YOU the player may have a preference for love interest, but Cloud doesn't necessarily share it.

His preference is made crystal clear WITHIN the confines and narrative of (even the badly translated English version) the game. -_-

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Then what is your interpretation of the line where Cloud says "I can go meet her" at the end? Or is it that you think he just wants to go meet his good friend Aerith?

And of those 4 people, Cloud only shows interest in ONE during the date
True, he and Yuffie do a bit of S&M don't they? :awesomonster:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Then what is your interpretation of the line where Cloud says "I can go meet her" at the end? Or is it that you think he just wants to go meet his good friend Aerith?

"An answer from the Planet... the Promised Land.. I think I can meet her... there. " Is also a case of bad translation, but even still, it refers to the Promised Land as a place where they can see all of their loved ones, including Aerith. Death isn't the end kind of thing, not anything more than that.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
"An answer from the Planet... the Promised Land.. I think I can meet her... there. " Is also a case of bad translation, but even still, it refers to the Promised Land as a place where they can see all of their loved ones, including Aerith. Death isn't the end kind of thing, not anything more than that.
... really? What's the true translation then?

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
For what it's worth I definitely viewed the LT as resolved by the end of FFVII even with only the original translation as evidence. When I say stuff was ambiguous I mean stuff like the true identity of the black-caped man on the first disc or whether Sephiroth or Jenova was the dominant villain. The Ultimania has clarified all those debates substantially but before that came out FFVII was pretty much infamous for having wildly divergent opinions among its fanbase. Granted some people here claim they understood everything perfectly originally anyway, but most people aren't hardcore enough fans to replay the game repeatedly to the point where everything in such a horrid translation makes perfect sense.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Oh yeah, turn your back on me now :monster:

Nah that's fine, I've only played the game like 3 times... and it's been a while. Plus I'm always trying different reactions and different things to see if I can make different things happen.

I always take the time to steal Tifa's underwear though.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
and I know you guys like to think Cleriths are all stupid and idiots, but I think this intellectual conversation I'm having with one right now would make you think otherwise:

Winter: she one time just randomly asked me
Winter: do you think Cloud masturbates about Aerith and then cries?:
Quexinos: ROFL
Winter: I almost died laughing

:monster:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami

He never said he intended to. He thinks he can meet her there.

Cloud: An answer from the planet. The Promised Land. I think I can meet her...there.
Tifa: Yeah, let's go meet her.
Tifa wants to meet her. She just invited Cloud to be polite. AerTi anyone? :monster:

What do you think of that then? :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom