So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
There's a MAJOR difference between the idea of 'want to' and 'intend to' and even 'want to on about' or 'want to go into'

In short, the Clerith is attempting to portray a very specific idiom as a different one, and that just doesn't work.
"I don't intend to go on about X" when talking about something you've done means you realize you've gone on about it.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Finished another one:
http://www.killthemongoose.com/interview.php

I had to revise this one a bit... uhm... okay what should I do next? This is fun.... I guess maybe I should add more interview quotes to that, like the one where he said he had no clue if CxT were in a romantic relationship or not.

Anything anyone wanna see next?

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Finished another one:
http://www.killthemongoose.com/interview.php

I had to revise this one a bit... uhm... okay what should I do next? This is fun.... I guess maybe I should add more interview quotes to that, like the one where he said he had no clue if CxT were in a romantic relationship or not.

Anything anyone wanna see next?

Clerith side is depicted a little more baised then neccessary. If it was me arguing on the Clerith side I'd say something "He doesn't want to go to far into his views of it because his thoughts aren't neccesarily canon truth or becaue nothing is set into stone yet."

The way it is now it just makes the author of the article sound spiteful towards Clerith fans.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
"He doesn't want to go to far into his views of it because his thoughts aren't neccesarily canon truth or becaue nothing is set into stone yet."
But that's not what their argument is :monster:

I mean if you take into account the Clerith side and assume Cloud and Tifa are just friends in Case of Tifa, and that this statement doesn't confirm they're in a relationship, you basically get this, "First off there's the premise that things don't go well for Cloud and Tifa's friendship. BTW I don't intend to go on my views on love marriage and family for Cloud and Tifa even though that has nothing to do with CoT's plot. Random that I brought that up eh? Speaking of, if Cloud had been with Aerith, they'd have a loving relationship... going back to friendship, maybe Marlene and Denzel can help Cloud and Tifa work it out... cause they're just friends you know..." Can you imagine if he said that? I'm fairly certain your response would be:
Maybe I'll take out that paragraph, what do you think?

Isabella

Your Mom
Speaking of looking too deeply into things, I just took a peek over at TNC, and folks, when people get into in-depth discussions about whether the ends of Aerith's ribbons are flat or pointed, and what this signifies for her and Zack ... it's really time for this debate to come to an end. Who honestly thinks that the animators put that much thought into how her ribbon is tied? If there's something significant to an article such as a ribbon, they explain it with the story. They don't expect the player to pick up on something as subtle as whether Aerith did or did not tie her ribbon differently in order to impart crucial information. It's called a lapse in continuity, if indeed there is a change in her ribbon. Maybe animator B working on CC wasn't careful enough to note what animator C did on BC or animator A did on FF7, etc. Newsflash: SE doesn't give a shit, so neither should you.

And why am I here explaining common sense? You either have it or you don't. Ugh

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
My fifth inner tentacle from the left is curled a bit at the end, I wonder how that relates to whales dying and the A-bomb's power?

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Speaking of looking too deeply into things, I just took a peek over at TNC, and folks, when people get into in-depth discussions about whether the ends of Aerith's ribbons are flat or pointed, and what this signifies for her and Zack ... it's really time for this debate to come to an end. Who honestly thinks that the animators put that much thought into how her ribbon is tied? If there's something significant to an article such as a ribbon, they explain it with the story. They don't expect the player to pick up on something as subtle as whether Aerith did or did not tie her ribbon differently in order to impart crucial information. It's called a lapse in continuity, if indeed there is a change in her ribbon. Maybe animator B working on CC wasn't careful enough to note what animator C did on BC or animator A did on FF7, etc. Newsflash: SE doesn't give a shit, so neither should you.

And why am I here explaining common sense? You either have it or you don't. Ugh

I know how you feel.

Only moreso, since I'm over there, and am trying to get into their heads that the same things in Before Crisis don't look like they do in CC, such as Cloud's color changing scarf which is still the same scarf.
Also, they're trying to argue that an incident which occurs when Aerith is 17 occurs before the incident in which Aerith gets the ribbon from Zack, which occurs when Aerith is 15.
It definitely makes me want to :headdesk:

Vendel

Banned
It takes all that for a headdesk from you guys?

For me all it takes is thinking about how Cloud and Tifa realize their feelings for each other, live together and raise two children. And how some people can completely ignore that. Say it doesn't mean anything. Or that it means anything other than what one would assume 99.9% of the time.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
There's a massive headdesk element to saying Age 17 comes before Age 15, man.

The rest is denial and twisting on a massive scale, which prompts a different reaction. It's not understanding things like sequential numbering that makes me want to headdesk.

Vendel

Banned
There's a massive headdesk element to saying Age 17 comes before Age 15, man.

The rest is denial and twisting on a massive scale, which prompts a different reaction. It's not understanding things like sequential numbering that makes me want to headdesk.

Ah yes well. There is that.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I have half a mind to close that topic just because the entire thing is so ridiculous.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
I have got to give that thread a big ole WTF... I mean, huh? SERIOUSLY, people? Isabella is right. Reign it in and pack up, you've officially lost the debate--and any thread of lingering respect i had for the Clerith argument. O.o

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I've never so badly wanted to post:
1212818018430.jpg

I swear I'm just gonna close it. It's ... what's the point? Is the point that if Aerith got a new ribbon after CC she was over Zack? Is that it? But she keeps wearing the pink right?

Neutron Ronnie

From The Front of Armament
AKA
Powerslave
They don't expect the player to pick up on something as subtle as whether Aerith did or did not tie her ribbon differently in order to impart crucial information.

Uhhh, yes they did. If you look carefully, you'll also notice that Aerith's ribbon is like, so totally different in the prerendered cutscenes from what it is in-game. This obviously indicates that she took the trouble to change her ribbon to look good for the cutscenes, which means she's got more than one ribbon, which discounts any romance between her and Zack. EOD

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
To me the ribbon is the symbol of Zack and Aerith's bond. Pure and simple.
I can't truly understand how some peope manage to see it as a plot device. A ribbon! I rest my case...

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
The ribbon is representation of Aerith's commitment to the color pink, and we all know that pink is the color of femininity, and therefore by wearing it Aerith is declaring her devotion to a woman--and the only logical choice of woman that could be is Tifa. Yes, ZACK bought her the ribbon, but Zack's name has 4 letters and so does Tifa's, so clearly SE was using numerological symbolism to show that although Zack shelled out the gil, the ribbon--by its very pinkness--is a symbol of Tifa.

AerTi for the muthafuckinwin!

null.

Pro Adventurer
For me all it takes is thinking about how Cloud and Tifa realize their feelings for each other, live together and raise two children. And how some people can completely ignore that. Say it doesn't mean anything. Or that it means anything other than what one would assume 99.9% of the time.

Or that standards only apply to one party, i.e. Cloud staying in Aerith's church for all of a few days is romantic, but that doesn't apply to living with Tifa for two years. Yes, confronting idiot shippers is fun, but I promise you the desk will have its way with your forehead in the long run.

Also, bonus points if you make your shocker joke into a limerick.

Isabella

Your Mom
So let me get this straight. SE is showing Cloud and Aerith are bonded by a red string of fate by showing Zack give Aerith a ribbon? And having her sub out Zack's pink ribbon with a different pink ribbon without ever showing us this? And oh yeah, pink isn't red but it kind of is because it's red with white mixed in?

And meanwhile, Cloud and Tifa building a family together means nothing?

I have a headache.

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
So let me get this straight. SE is showing Cloud and Aerith are bonded by a red string of fate by showing Zack give Aerith a ribbon? And having her sub out Zack's pink ribbon with a different pink ribbon without ever showing us this? And oh yeah, pink isn't red but it kind of is because it's red with white mixed in?

I have a headache.

My advice - go read some essays at Clerith.com.
I promise, after that NOTHING will surprise or amaze you. ;)

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Or that standards only apply to one party, i.e. Cloud staying in Aerith's church for all of a few days is romantic, but that doesn't apply to living with Tifa for two years. Yes, confronting idiot shippers is fun, but I promise you the desk will have its way with your forehead in the long run.

Also, bonus points if you make your shocker joke into a limerick.

A man once had two digits in pink,
but lacking it was he did think.
So grabbing his stash and lubing the lass, he added one into the stink.

I have a headache.

I'm amazed that they've not realized that all the differences in ribbons are quite simply just Aerith tying the same ribbon differently, like she does when she switches to the Wall Market dress. Unless you think she carries a spare ribbon to change into for that outfit and then back to the other one when she gets her regular dress back on, then she, wearing the same ribbon as we see at the end of CC and start of FF7, has tied it in a way that is identical to how she wore it for two years while dating Zack, 'flat ends' and all.

In fact, I'ma go CP this over thataway.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I was fine with discussing the ribbon when I thought the point from the 'other side' was to prove that Aerith having a new ribbon is Clerith/means she got over Zack. Now with the most recent post, I find out that it's just trying to be proven that Aerith changed her ribbon, not that it effects any relationships...

So I just realized I've been debating over nothing.
Damn. D:

Isabella

Your Mom
Well, I think she's still trying to assert that Cloud and Aerith are bonded by some "string of fate." In order to do that, she has to first prove that the ribbon Aerith wears isn't the one Zack gave her. So you're not really debating over nothing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom