So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Will someone for fucks' sake, tell PYT that Kingdom Hearts is not fucking parallel to FFVII?

Why are you letting people debate an entirely different universe in regards to the continuity of FFVII? Jesus, it's like trying to debate Star Wars canon, and some wacko is frothing at the mouth trying to bring up R2-D2 and C-3P0's appearance on the Muppet Show.

Oh man I really want to see Cloud and Tifa on the Muppet Show now....

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
well if they wanted to show a Clerith ending, why didn't they show Cloud running to Aerith's arms?

This reminds me of all that: "Can Aerith solidify" nonsense stuff. If some Cleriths think that Aerith can solidify, then why doesn't Cloud embrace the woman he supposedly loves? Especially when he sees her at the end of AC/ACC? Why didn't they show that Cloud actually left 7th Heaven because of Aerith? Instead they made it clear that his reasons for leaving did not relate to her at all. I'd think that if Cloud really loved Aerith and she could solidify, that he'd go back to living at her church.

Never ONCE did I get a Clerith vibe from that scene.

Same here. Some people have a hard time believing that Cloud thinks about other things than Aerith. Or Tifa, to be fair.

tell PYT that Kingdom Hearts is not fucking parallel to FFVII

We have, plenty of times.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
i think cloud would rather be on the bike than on tifa IMO ^.-

No no, Reith, it's 'On Tifa on the Bike' as Drake has said, beating me to the punch.

You probably ought have quoted what you were snarking to.

And Welcome back. Whar ya been?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Thanks Que. But there are a few things in it that I genuinely need to address that I haven't so far. Some of it bolsters the Cloti side of things. Some of it's me giving readers a better understanding of the Clerith perspective. That's only fair.
Yea you're right, you should be fair. It's just you know the Clotis don't have any essays or anything to show people, and hell I changed someone's mind on Fanfiction.net with it. It's such a good essay that I just like to be able to show it to people and say, "Here's the facts :monster:"

And since I've seen this crop up on a certain LTD forum, I'll just answer it here.

LO was stated in the 20th Anniversary Final Fantasy Story Ultimania, as being outside of the Compilation of FFVII. Meaning it's not really part of continuity.

Is it official? Yes. Was it done by the creators? Yes. Is it part of the continuity of the Compilation of FFVII? No.
Thanks Mako, I posted that as well.

Will someone for fucks' sake, tell PYT that Kingdom Hearts is not fucking parallel to FFVII?

Why are you letting people debate an entirely different universe in regards to the continuity of FFVII? Jesus, it's like trying to debate Star Wars canon, and some wacko is frothing at the mouth trying to bring up R2-D2 and C-3P0's appearance on the Muppet Show.

We've tried to tell her but...
... meh I still say that whole topic is bad and you should feel bad.

I read a fanfic like that once!
So did I... and mine didn't have Tifa :awesome:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
LO definitely isn't canon, but they still apparently think it worth considering despite that. "This isn't how it happened, but forget that, and consider these points", essentially.

And hopefully, my latest reply shall be heeded and the topic closed.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Why would I close the topic?... that's not what the thread was about.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
What are we talking about now? My head really really hurts for some reason and can't comprehend anything. I need a Cliff's Notes version.

After I take a nap. :sleep:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Why would I close the topic?... that's not what the thread was about.

Oh, that wasn't a request. That was more an expectation of a reaction on the part of a certain supermod.

And that Aerith's ribbon has pointed edges and not flat ones and thus could not be the same one as in CC was a major lynchpin argument of Cal... PYT and Capi.

The video categorically proves that Aerith's ribbon has flat edges, and so the different arrangements of the ribbon are just different ways of tying it, so their only real reason for them believing it was not Zack's ribbon- and thus somehow magically the RSOF with Cloud- is null and void.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
So, when did Aerith's ribbon change, and how? I have a hypothesis but want to hear it explained clearly before I voice it.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Oh no I really thought you were being serious XD

As for when it changed... I have no idea :monster: but apparently it did and this proves CxA!

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
You know what I mean, what's being said?

Depending on the post, either between Zack's leaving and the end of CC, or some time before he leaves, since BC shows her ribbon as red.
Nevermind BC shows Cloud's obviously dark brown scarf as rather bright green, even during scenes which also appear in CC and in which Cloud's scarf is, again obviously dark brown.

Addendum: Also nevermind that Aerith's death shows her ribbon as having flat edges, which kiboshes a lynchpin of their argument- the idea that since Aerith's new ribbon has 'pointed edges' and so definitely cannot be the same flat edged ribbon she got from Zack.

So, yeah.

Isabella

Your Mom
THIS COMES DOWN TO COMMON SENSE. fjkdslfjdklsfjkls

Why would a storyteller go to the trouble of giving us the background of Aerith's iconic ribbon, then have her swap it out with a different pink ribbon when no one was looking? Why would the storyteller waste his time and ours with background if it means nothing?! You don't need a degree in lit for this, you just need a functioning brain.

... I need my coffee :'( ...

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Well, if Aerith's ribbon has flat ends during CC, and pointed ends during the ending of CC, that's actually strong evidence in favor of Clerith.

First, that Zack gives her a ribbon with flat ends clearly symbolizes how he wants Aerith - flat on her back. Zack's only interest in Aerith is for sex, he has no interest in her as person. This isn't truly love, it's just lust. That Aerith changes to a pointed ribbon when Zack vanishes shows she's ready for a more intimate relationship with someone like Cloud, who has pointed hair. Aerith's ribbon having pointed ends symbolizes her compatibility with the similarly spiky-haired Cloud.

See how obvious the evidence is when you think about it? I'm amazed this wasn't noticed sooner.

Patterns-1.png

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
But if Aerith picked out a ribbon that symbolizes that Zack only wants her sexually, does that mean she was never interested in her and she knew it? :o

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
That was so funny and it eerily sounded like something they would say. :monster:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
But if Aerith picked out a ribbon that symbolizes that Zack only wants her sexually, does that mean she was never interested in her and she knew it? :o

She was in her teens. Horomones, she was horny and willing to be in that sort of relationship. Then she grew up and had a chance of heart ribbon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom