So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
We should make a list of anime characters that wore red or pink ribbons that weren't "destined for love"... but I wouldn't even know where to begin.
First and foremost, Terra Branford, heroine of FFVI. Minako Aino from Sailor Moon. Pamela Ibis in Atelier Iris 3. I could think of more later.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Then everyone should do what is appropriate in this situation: point and laugh.

I was going to sig that! Guess I'll just have to wait until Quexi gets sick of it. :lol:

All the talk of destiny makes me wonder why a good majority of Cleriths think Cloud and Aerith are destiny, when Zack and Aerith are called the "destined meeting". Have Cloud and Aerith ever been called destiny? I recall the Ultimania saying that they met by accident and merely exchanged words briefly.

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
Cloud and Aerith are destiny?...
Well, maybe. If you agree that it's because he fell through the roof in her church (like Zack), was wearing SOLDIER uniform (like Zack), carried Buster sword (like Zack) etc
Maybe. ;)

Neutron Ronnie

From The Front of Armament
AKA
Powerslave
Destiny, huh? Well, Cloud may be said to be indirectly responsible for Aerith's death. Very romantic.

Destiny = fail. Or is that fulfilled?

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I can't remember how the quote went, but I believe it said something along the lines of the wheel of Cloud's destiny beginning to turn because he met Aerith. Or Vice Versa.
That relates directly to the plot though... so I'm not sure who thinks that's romantic. :monster:

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
I can't remember how the quote went, but I believe it said something along the lines of the wheel of Cloud's destiny beginning to turn because he met Aerith. Or Vice Versa.
That relates directly to the plot though... so I'm not sure who thinks that's romantic. :monster:

It's not completely true to say that there were totally no romance between Aerith and Cloud.
Because of Zack or not, but she had that kind of interest in him.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
First and foremost, Terra Branford, heroine of FFVI.

That doesn't count. Terra is too much woman for any non-Cloud guy to handle, she didn't have a love interest because she's too good for the VI guys. Really, a woman with magical superpowers that can turn into a glowing pink nude demi-god? By all accounts guys should be lining up to date her, but Terra knows that and so she doesn't have a love interest tacked on because she can have any man she wants.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
The Northern Crater is a farce. I can't believe this ribbon shit has gone this long.

The strawman is dancing on the grave of parsimony everyone.

There's no reason that shit should even be brought up in a factual debate.

Vendel

Banned

Well when one side thinks things like commercials and AU games are relevant to the discussion? Then you have to be, as Isabella put it a "hardass" about it.

Last edited:

Isabella

Your Mom
Speaking of TNC, I admit I'm being silly, but c'mon, it's freaking hilarious that this ad keeps popping up there ...

tncpink.jpg

Isabella

Your Mom
So we've uncovered the true meaning behind Aerith's pink ribbon. She's simply trying to raise breast cancer awareness. Go her.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
That doesn't count. Terra is too much woman for any non-Cloud guy to handle, she didn't have a love interest because she's too good for the VI guys. Really, a woman with magical superpowers that can turn into a glowing pink nude demi-god? By all accounts guys should be lining up to date her, but Terra knows that and so she doesn't have a love interest tacked on because she can have any man she wants.

Is it possible... that you like Terra? :V
(What's wrong with SETZER, huh? No woman was good enough for him I say!!!)

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Sadly, I think Terra's gonna be a spinster...:monster:

No one could ever replace General Leo.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
No, Mako, no one could replace Celes, but that dirty thievi-treasure hunting- bastard Locke stole her away.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
No, Mako, no one could replace Celes, but that dirty thievi-treasure hunting- bastard Locke stole her away.

I agree with this. Ryu was the only one smart enough to see the true meaning behind my words. I said Terra was too much woman for any *guy* to handle...Celes on the other hand...

Celerra FTW!

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Speaking of TNC, I admit I'm being silly, but c'mon, it's freaking hilarious that this ad keeps popping up there ...

tncpink.jpg

This is the funniest thing ever.
The Northern Crater is a farce. I can't believe this ribbon shit has gone this long.

The strawman is dancing on the grave of parsimony everyone.

Sorry there's no rule against, "Arguments must be somewhat reasonable." there should be though. If I don't see anything decent in there in the next day, it's done. I've really had it with that topic.-_-

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
*rings a bell*

Update! Remember like, a hundred pages ago, we talked about Cloud's line in Shade Impulse in Dissidia, "you're not the one I truly wish to meet". Found the English version of the line!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yap0O5lL-wc

Seph: Yet my shadow is burned into your heart. We'll meet again, Cloud. I'll keep coming back - as long as you are who you are.
Cloud: No thanks. The one I really want to meet is...

There's not many comments, but even the comments think he's talking about Aerith. :p

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
It could very well be Aerith, Tifa, or even Zack. No-one can say for sure.

Though, Aerith seems to make the most sense, considering he wanted to meet her at the end of FFVII.

even though I posted on the video in favor of Zack.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I'm certain it is Aerith.

I talk about that quote here:
http://killthemongoose.com/dissidia.php

Thoughts: I don't doubt that Aerith is the one Cloud's talking about. As for why he wants to meet Aerith, that would depend upon when exactly Dissidia takes place. If you believe it takes place after FFVII: ACC, then Cloud wanting to meet Aerith could certainly indicate that he wishes to be with her. If you believe it takes place before ACC, Cloud would want to meet Aerith to be forgiven. In order to properly access what is meant by this statement, we have to figure out when the story takes place.

There's information in the Dissidia Ultimania about ACC which at first would make one believe it takes place after, but the information about ACC is very general such as fight quotes. In fact as Mako Eyes pointed out, "After their final confrontation it's heavily implied Sephiroth intends to see Cloud again and exact his revenge. He tells Cloud that as long as his darkness is burned into his heart, he'll come back and they'll meet again. Hmm...doesn't that sounds suspiciously like a certain homoerotic third person novella that came out recently?" Cloud also mentions a few times in Dissidia that he wishes for forgiveness. Cloud was all ready forgiven in ACC, so it would seem odd that he would suddenly backtrack. He also starts out in his SOLDIER uniform from FFVII and can switch to his ACC outfit later on. I believe this provides solid evidence that the events in Dissidia take place before the events of ACC. Because of this, I don't believe Cloud wishes to meet Aerith out of love since there is not a single quote from Square Enix that ever stated that Cloud wished to see Aerith again out of anything more than guilt.

Conclusion: Cloud wishes to meet Aerith so he can be forgiven, not out of romance.

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
*rings a bell*

Update! Remember like, a hundred pages ago, we talked about Cloud's line in Shade Impulse in Dissidia, "you're not the one I truly wish to meet". Found the English version of the line!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yap0O5lL-wc

Seph: Yet my shadow is burned into your heart. We'll meet again, Cloud. I'll keep coming back - as long as you are who you are.
Cloud: No thanks. The one I really want to meet is...

There's not many comments, but even the comments think he's talking about Aerith. :p

Why not Tifa? She's Cloud's light. ;)

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
She's his light?!

yagami-raito-123513.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom