So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Tifa and Cloud, no doubt about it, even though we all know that Cloud likes Aerith more than Tifa. . . So i vote for Tfa. .

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa... you got proof of that? Because believe me we do NOT all know that.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Tifa and Cloud, no doubt about it, even though we all know that Cloud likes Aerith more than Tifa. . . So i vote for Tfa. .

Please, good sir, do substantiate the line of thought expressed in the middle clause there.

And Drake, make sure you project into quite a number of times before projecting onto her.

It's only fair.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Yeah I don't get it... "Well I'm gonna vote for Tifa even though we all know that's wrong." WTF? XD

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
oh we Clotis and our delusions :monster:

I don't remember if I asked this before but I'm curoius, what if... somehow we were all dead wrong and in the next Compilation title Clerith was made canon.
I dunno there's some scene in the end where Cloud meets up with Aerith one last time, they kiss, she goes off to the lifestream... says she'll wait for Cloud and ...

really... what would you do?

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch

I don't remember if I asked this before but I'm curoius, what if... somehow we were all dead wrong and in the next Compilation title Clerith was made canon.
I dunno there's some scene in the end where Cloud meets up with Aerith one last time, they kiss, she goes off to the lifestream... says she'll wait for Cloud and ...

I'd assume Nomura and Nojima started crack and hope they get the help they need, but otherwise, canon is canon. If Clerith was inserted as canon in the next compilation title, I'd accept it as such. I'd still favor Cloti, but I wouldn't disregard compilation. And even if your hypothetical scenario took place, it would not negate the current canon, so no, none of us delusional cloti's would have been wrong. :P

I think that's the difference in arguments. None of us "cloti's" --so far as I can see--are arguing the "better 'ship" but the canon evidence of the story. With minimal character bashing or assassination.

Fighter

Pro Adventurer

I would see it as a retcon at this point, for one they already had their goodbyes, but otherwise accept it as fact. And that's that.

First Tsurugi

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Ehrgeiz Strife
I'm pretty sure that Cloud is in love with Tifa it's just that he doens't want to get too close her and lose her too (like Aerith). But that's just my opinion, I don't know for sure.

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.

Be a little dissapointed, a little confused and then carry on being a cloti who just sees clerith as canon. *shrug*

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Indeed. Though I think Ryu's starting to come around finally. ;)

Had feelings for, maybe. More than Tifa? Not with the available data.

I'd go 'well, that's fucktarded' and move on.

I'm pretty sure that Cloud is in love with Tifa it's just that he doens't want to get too close her and lose her too (like Aerith). But that's just my opinion, I don't know for sure.

If he doesn't want to get too close, he's certainly going about it the entire wrong way, living with her and starting a family with her, etc. etc. etc.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'd kill myself if Clerith was made canon. I'd take gasoline, pour it all over my room and myself. Sit indian style in the center, and strike a match. I would then calmly meditate on how perverse, and sickening the world is, while I self immolate in my room.

First Tsurugi

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Ehrgeiz Strife
I'd kill myself if Clerith was made canon. I'd take gasoline, pour it all over my room and myself. Sit indian style in the center, and strike a match. I would then calmly meditate on how perverse, and sickening the world is, while I self immolate in my room.
Don't you think that's a little much?

Isabella

Your Mom
I'd still take it as a given that Cloud's with Tifa, but that he's two-timing her. That he's with Tifa now is too well-established to simply toss aside.

Problem with these "what's canon?" debates is they tend to be too black/white, all or nothing. Even if he still carries around feelings for Aerith, it doesn't mean he doesn't love Tifa or isn't with her. And even if he's with Tifa, it doesn't mean he never had feelings for Aerith. Love isn't that simplistic.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

I can't give you an answer... I seriously just look at that and see how illogical is, and I can't process anything else.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
arguing things like Cloud's office was his bedroom because we never see another room or a switch...and physical intimacy during the Highwind scene didn't happen because it's not shown...?
I’d say it’s one of their funniest tunes, but it’s been going on so long it’s just aggravating now. The Clerii churn out the most retarded arguments ever when it comes to this shit. They throw out the widnow basic concepts like that thing called editing. FFVII is not an event unfolding in real time, people. Excuse the cuts.

The thing is, they wouldn’t question it if we were discussing anything else. If we’re shown a man firing a gun, and then cut to a man falling down, logic tells us that the man shot the fallen dude. Directors generally do not assume you’re a moron who can’t connect two dots.

But hey, I was told that Aeris was the one giving light to Cloud when Tifa is saying “Here, have my light dude” followed by Cloud immediately glowing. How? Because it could have been anyone giving him light, so why not Aeris who is his light? Why do we hear Tifa saying “here have mine, asswipe” before? To mess with our minds, duh!!

/logic

Honestly what part of "Childhood friends" DO YOU NOT FUCKING UNDERSTAND?
Obligatory Bale macro? Someone?

she was duped by a so called friend of hers
Bottom line: Naru does not exist…like all the other Japanophiles they’ve been interviewing.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I'd still take it as a given that Cloud's with Tifa, but that he's two-timing her. That he's with Tifa now is too well-established to simply toss aside.

Problem with these "what's canon?" debates is they tend to be too black/white, all or nothing. Even if he still carries around feelings for Aerith, it doesn't mean he doesn't love Tifa or isn't with her. And even if he's with Tifa, it doesn't mean he never had feelings for Aerith. Love isn't that simplistic.

Quite a good point.

Which is why the 'She said she loved Cloud, so she's gotta be over Zack' arguments strike me as stupid.
That said, I'd still see the Clerith confirmation as fucktarded, largely because as you said, it would make it look like Cloud was a two timing little bastard, which is the exact opposite of how they've wanted to portray him previously.

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
But hey, I was told that Aeris was the one giving light to Cloud when Tifa is saying “Here, have my light dude” followed by Cloud immediately glowing. How? Because it could have been anyone giving him light, so why not Aeris who is his light? Why do we hear Tifa saying “here have mine, asswipe” before? To mess with our minds, duh!!

To fill the spaces in your "logic"...
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Cloud_x_Aerith/index.php?showtopic=6240

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom