So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vendel

Banned
I'm inclined to agree with Que -- lately, there's been some positive developments between Clotis and Cleriths. I'd like to see them embrace one another.

I will embrace any Clerith who admits C/T is canon.

Until then. No peace with the shadow.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
It's rather funny that the timeline matches up. Denzel should be about 9 in AC/ACC since he's 10 in Case of Denzel while talking to Reeve.

Cloud left Nibelheim at 14. Cloud's 23 in AC/ACC.

This is one of those retroactive fate things, like Nomura finding a role for the heart-shaped moon from the first KH's logo in KH II when Nojima's script called for a moon.

Not that I'm encouraging taking this idea any further. Just thought it was funny how that actually works out.

Oh, it's totally baseless crack. But I wouldn't even have brought it up if the numbers didn't match. It's 9 years between the water tower and AC/C. Denzel is 8 in AC/C. Take 9 months from that, you're left with 8 years, three months, and there's fuzzy time in there to make it work. Add some 'backwater town looking down on unwed mothers and abortions', given it up for adoption, and a attractive but fruitless couple in Midgar, and 'it has been proven' that Denzel's their issue.

At the moment? No. XD

I'm inclined to agree with Que -- lately, there's been some positive developments between Clotis and Cleriths. I'd like to see them embrace one another.

And Ryu, since I know you're something of a sci-fi geek as well, I'm going to preempt you taking this opportunity to quote Anakin Solo saying, "You embrace them. I'm going to knock them down." You do not pimp-slap me with appropriately timed geeky quotes!

I don't, eh?
I SHALL KNOCK THEM ALL DOWN![/garland]

The ones willing to make peace shall be dealt with peacefully. Those not willing to make peace will be met with appropriate responses.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
It's really just that one person that really bothers me. She takes advantage of people, she lies to her friends and has insulted several of my friends on more than one occasion.

I mean come on, Ryu, besides her would you really mind making peace?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Don't tease me now.

LOL Didn't think you'd actually do it. XD

hug.jpg

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
@Quex- Peace would be nice, but there's no way that's going to happen for everyone. Everyone has their own reasons for feeling the ways they do, and no-one should try and force anyone to do anything. If people don't want to be friends with someone, that's their choice. It's a shame the LTD has caused so much tension between two sides, but that's probably the way it's going to be forever. I think the people in this thread have the right to say exactly how they feel, just like CxA does. Not everyone is going to be willing to drop all of their bitterness from being flamed, ridiculed, etc- just like magic.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
@Quex- Peace would be nice, but there's no way that's going to happen for everyone. Everyone has their own reasons for feeling the ways they do, and no-one should try and force anyone to do anything. If people don't want to be friends with someone, that's their choice. It's a shame the LTD has caused so much tension between two sides, but that's probably the way it's going to be forever. I think the people in this thread have the right to say exactly how they feel, just like CxA does. Not everyone is going to be willing to drop all of their bitterness from being flamed, ridiculed, etc- just like magic.

Well of course you don't have to like anyone or have to be friends with anyone. I'm not trying to force anyone to do anything. But I mean has CxA ever in the past changed their Cloti mocking games? Ever? Has anyone ever apologized on TNC? It's definitely a step in the right direction for some people. Of course there will be those that don't want peace and what not and I don't expect it for everyone, but the recent events just make me feel so darn warm and fuzzy inside ^_^

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Oh, it's totally baseless crack. But I wouldn't even have brought it up if the numbers didn't match. It's 9 years between the water tower and AC/C. Denzel is 8 in AC/C. Take 9 months from that, you're left with 8 years, three months, and there's fuzzy time in there to make it work. Add some 'backwater town looking down on unwed mothers and abortions', given it up for adoption, and a attractive but fruitless couple in Midgar, and 'it has been proven' that Denzel's their issue.

Wait what? I thought Denzel was ten during the events of FFVII?

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
What's this peace talk? This isn't a war.
It's a disagreement because a group refuses to let go of their pink fantasies.

I will embrace any Clerith who admits C/T is canon.
I'll settle for one who makes use of their common sense.

LMAO @ top reasons why Tifa isn't Cloud's light. LMAO! TOP REASONS!!! WAY TO GO FFG!

Tifa and Cloud are not shown to have any type of spiritual connection, but Cloud and Aerith are.
LMAO! This is too funny. The woman who fights his darkness, is the only one to talk about the dynamics of light/darkness and what Cloud needs to do, the one who literally gives off flashes of light and, the one who can feel him near and is the only one to follow him and Seph to another world is the one he DOESN'T share a connection with.

What does Aeris do exactly in KH2? I mean, in regards to Cloud's sidestory....

Cloud is running and hiding from Tifa.
Because as told by the staff themselves, he runs and hides from true light. It's "too much" for him. Even Sephiroth comments on it. So, running from Tifa = running from the light = Tifa is the embodiment of light.
Shooting herself in the foot.

Cloud shows affection toward Aerith, but doesn't show any for Tifa
I love these. It's like the look of true "devotion" and "happiness" and Tifa's "sad" and "resigned" smile as they hang from the rocks. This time his tone is "gentle". LMAO

Ja, cause in one example they're in a middle of a fuckin battle in which Cloud tries to get Tifa to stay the fuck away from Sephiroth's sword (by jumping in front of it to protect her -- no affection my ass), and in the the other he's just talking to a curious Aeris on the (pretty safe) street.

Aerith has always been associated with light
...what about all the other Disney character that haven't? Are they not true lights? =(
DISCRIMINATION!

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
Not only that, but Tifa is also SO JEALOUS over Cloud and Aerith's bond!
Tifa was jealous in FFVII when Cloud agreed to go on a date with Aerith and Cait predicted their wedding.
And she continues to be jealous selfish biatch in AC/C, forcing Cloud to choose between "a memory or us". In AC/C Tifa is an embodiment of darkness, whether Aerith is pure light.
TOP REASONS: Tifa wears black -- Aerith wears pink;
Tifa appears in the darkness -- Aerith appears in the light;
Tifa does nothing but nags Cloud -- Aerith helps and guides him through the darkness;
When Cloud sees Tifa he always turns his back at her -- When Cloud sees Aerith his eyes are always full of wonder, rapture, love and awe.
There is probably more, but those are the most obvious.

:monster:

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
For reference, check out Case of Denzel where the conversation with Reeve begins. He asks Denzel for his background and Denzel says that he's only 10.

When he begins telling his story, very early into it, he mentions his seventh birthday was around the time his father was promoted. Shortly after the promotion is when Sector 7 was destroyed.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Wait didn't he just turn six and in AC he's eight? His conversation with Reeve in CoD is supposed to be two years after AC/one year after DC.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
No, he had just turned 7 as of FF7. Depending on when specifically that is, and when specifically AC/C is, he's either 8 or nine. CoD does take place after DoC but it could be anywhere from a few days to several months.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
It's definitely a step in the right direction for some people. Of course there will be those that don't want peace and what not and I don't expect it for everyone, but the recent events just make me feel so darn warm and fuzzy inside

Well, I agree that them changing something because of the apologies thread was a very nice thing to do. I know I really appreciated it! I can't deny that it made me happy. c: I just wanted my drama with the other members to end, that's all. I thought others might feel the same so that's why that thread was made, but I don't care if some think it's a lame idea or lost cause. xP They're entitled to whatever opinion they have. I also think some people get way too sensitive about the LTD. If I'm trying to disprove something you believe is true in an LTD, I'm not trying to attack you. O.O You're suppose to try and prove your side in a debate... amirite?

The biggest issue I have with this whole 'light' thing is that Aerith herself says "Your light will lead you back here". There is no way that she would say something like that if she WERE Cloud's light. If she were his light, he would know it. And if he didn't, it's not like she'd hide it from him and make him run around like a chicken with his head cut off.

Last edited:

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
The biggest issue I have with this whole 'light' thing is that Aerith herself says "Your light will lead you back here". There is no way that she would say something like that if she WERE Cloud's light. If she were his light, he would know it. And if he didn't, it's not like she'd hide it from him and make him run around like a chicken with his head cut off.

Tifa's light blinds Cloud, therefore it's not good for him. His light is somewhere else. And once he find it, it'll lead him to Aerith, who herself is balanced with light and darkness, therefore makes the perfect match for Cloud.

Isabella

Your Mom
I haven't played KH because I can't get past how childish it is. So someone fill me in on the Clerith argument that there are two lights: romantic light and personal light. Is that idea supported with other characters throughout the games?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Is that idea supported with other characters throughout the games?
Are they ever? :monster:

Aerith is too special to do anything like other characters do. Except telegraph her heroine status through wardrobe choices and vague job class like other characters, so you know she's the main heroine.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Then it should have played out like this

Tifa: The Darkness will still be there Sephiroth, he just needs someone surround him with light!
Sephiroth: Let's see what this light of your can do...
Tifa: No, not me! I was talking about Aerith! Kill her, not me!

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey

Oh, no, according to one Clerith I spoke to, Aerith truly is his light. She only says that she isn't because she doesn't know that she is. But she really is. So apparently Cloud's search for light is just one big silly quest where the hero travels all around the world looking for something that's been under his nose the entire time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom