So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
So what is Tifa's role in KH2 if it isn't Cloud's light?
Nono, see, she's his 'personal light' but not his 'romantic light'. She's just a representation of his inner light, but Aerith is his romantic light, and she's staying away from Sephiroth because she knows he killed her in another universe so she's staying away thank you very much.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Tifa was the stupid whore who couldn't take a hint.

But it's okay that you didn't get that. You probably weren't playing the version where there are about fifty different types of lights for every occasion, and the most important scenes are those 5 seconds during the ending credits.

Isabella

Your Mom
I was being serious, y'alls. :awesome: Do other characters also have two lights?
So what is Tifa's role in KH2 if it isn't Cloud's light?
As much as some of them claim to like Tifa, let's be honest here. You have to really dislike the character if you believe the writer(s) are OK with depicting her the way some pinkers claim she is being depicted. A pest who chases Cloud around as he tries to escape, who otherwise has no relevance to his story? That was Nomura's intention? Really now?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
No, Bella, they do not have two lights. They have one light who is, in most cases, their romantic interest as well. All though I've never seen any "pinkers" say that Cloud had two lights. They all say Tifa is light, just not Cloud's. To Cloud she is a hinderence where as Aerith is his true light.

As much as some of them claim to like Tifa, let's be honest here. You have to really dislike the character if you believe the writer(s) are OK with depicting her the way some pinkers claim she is being depicted. A pest who chases Cloud around as he tries to escape, who otherwise has no relevance to his story? That was Nomura's intention? Really now?
QFFT.

All though I think some might believe she helped Cloud find his inner light.

Isabella

Your Mom
All though I've never seen any "pinkers" say that Cloud had two lights. They all say Tifa is light, just not Cloud's. To Cloud she is a hinderence where as Aerith is his true light.
Wait, you're right. Cleriths say in KH2 he's looking for his inner light, having already found his romantic light. That's where I'm getting the "two lights" thing from. So I'll rephrase: Are other characters looking for their ~inner~ light, which is separate from their romantic light?

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
No, Bella, they do not have two lights. They have one light who is, in most cases, their romantic interest as well. All though I've never seen any "pinkers" say that Cloud had two lights. They all say Tifa is light, just not Cloud's. To Cloud she is a hinderence where as Aerith is his true light.
Really? I remember a particular member arguing that Tifa was his inner light and Aerith was his romantic, 'outer' light.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Wait, you're right. Cleriths say in KH2 he's looking for his inner light, having already found his romantic light. That's where I'm getting the "two lights" thing from. So I'll rephrase: Are other characters looking for their ~inner~ light, which is separate from their romantic light?
No.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Okay, apparently he has an 'outer darkness' represented in the wing he had in KH1, and Sephiroth was his 'inner darkness'. So I guess Cloud's just a speeshal snowflake.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I've never played Kingdom Hearts I'm not really hearing what exactly makes Aeriths light inheritly romantic as opposed to Tifa's completely platonic one.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Generally in KH, your "light" is your romantic interest. IE Sora's light is Riku... I mean Riku... ack... Rik... .fhdsafhasf... Sora's light is Kairi.... and Beast's light is Belle, Aladdin's light is Jasmine etc etc...

So I guess... uhm... Tifa just is light, wandering around the KH world and she comes across Cloud and things happen? I dunno

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Oh, no, according to one Clerith I spoke to, Aerith truly is his light. She only says that she isn't because she doesn't know that she is. But she really is. So apparently Cloud's search for light is just one big silly quest where the hero travels all around the world looking for something that's been under his nose the entire time.

Oh, so that's how it goes? How could Aerith not know, though? Is she mentally retarded in that game? (Because she really seemed rather intelligent to me) Aerith who can sense a lot of things others can't, can't sense that she's Cloud's light? ... Erm, I don't know about that one.

Tifa is described as light, Sephiroth as darkness. Aerith as a medium. Plain and simple... I don't think it's that complicated at all. :lol:

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Tifa is described as light, Sephiroth as darkness. Aerith as a medium. Plain and simple... I don't think it's that complicated at all. :lol:
Well pure light is too intense and no one else dates pure light!

(just ignore Kairi and Sora plz, and all those other princesses of heart)

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I haven't played KH because I can't get past how childish it is. So someone fill me in on the Clerith argument that there are two lights: romantic light and personal light. Is that idea supported with other characters throughout the games?

No. At all times, a person's 'light' romantic and or otherwise, is exactly the same. There's only one type of light. Just as there's only one type of light. These lights might be held inside a person or in another person, but they're the same kind of light.

Are they ever? :monster:

Aerith is too special to do anything like other characters do. Except telegraph her heroine status through wardrobe choices and vague job class like other characters, so you know she's the main heroine.

Totally. Kairi who? Namine what? Xion? As if. Even in games Aerith doesn't appear, she's the main character. Because of the pink. Her and Marluxia. Much to his irritance.

Oh, no, according to one Clerith I spoke to, Aerith truly is his light. She only says that she isn't because she doesn't know that she is. But she really is. So apparently Cloud's search for light is just one big silly quest where the hero travels all around the world looking for something that's been under his nose the entire time.

And yet he gets WORSE despite spending a year in her presence between KH and KH2. As I said on the frontpage, if she is his light/ romantic interest, it doesn't speak well on that relationship if it's supposed to speak on it at all.

I was being serious, y'alls. :awesome: Do other characters also have two lights?

No. Hell, if we look at Sora and Kairi, both only have the one light, even though the former carries the latter's inside him for a period of time. It's also a different color when it comes out of Sora compared to when it goes into Kairi. And later when she gives her some of hers, the reverse is true.

Totally. The creators HATESES Tifa. That's why they keep putting her in stories with Cloud, so they can laugh at her trying to understand and be with a man who despises her. OBVIOUSLY.

No distinction is ever made. The closest you ever get is probably Beast and Belle, and even then, it's Xaldin's mindfuckery and his growing distance from Belle that causes him to sink into darkness, and a later breaking free of Xaldin's manipulation and Belle's intervention that restores him.

Generally in KH, your "light" is your romantic interest. IE Sora's light is Riku... I mean Riku... ack... Rik... .fhdsafhasf... Sora's light is Kairi.... and Beast's light is Belle, Aladdin's light is Jasmine etc etc...

So I guess... uhm... Tifa just is light, wandering around the KH world and she comes across Cloud and things happen? I dunno

Yep. Of course, there's the question of 'who's the light for people without love interests' which is where the 'Light holder' idea comes in, such as Kairi secreting hers inside Denze-Sora.

Well pure light is too intense and no one else dates pure light!

(just ignore Kairi and Sora plz, and all those other princesses of heart)

Yeah, not like Aurora, Belle, etc. ever get love in THEIR lives...

Neutron Ronnie

From The Front of Armament
AKA
Powerslave
Oh, so that's how it goes? How could Aerith not know, though? Is she mentally retarded in that game? (Because she really seemed rather intelligent to me) Aerith who can sense a lot of things others can't, can't sense that she's Cloud's light? ... Erm, I don't know about that one.

A Pinker argument that I've heard says Aerith knows she's Cloud's light and she's just waiting for him to realize it for himself (which is why she says she's sure it'll lead her back "here" when he finds it).

We ought to forget this and over-analyze how Cloud turns his head and moves a few millimeters away from Aerith as she leans closer to him (bad breath? body odor?) - bearing in mind how important this incident set in an AU is to the LTD. *rolls eyes*

Vossler

Voss da boss bitch
AKA
Nightmare,race driver,steel tormenter
A Pinker argument that I've heard says Aerith knows she's Cloud's light and she's just waiting for him to realize it for himself (which is why she says she's sure it'll lead her back "here" when he finds it).

We ought to forget this and over-analyze how Cloud turns his head and moves a few millimeters away from Aerith as she leans closer to him (bad breath? body odor?) - bearing in mind how important this incident set in an AU is to the LTD. *rolls eyes*
I concur:geek:

Alessa Gillespie

AKA

I'm too busy jerking off to Tifa's boobs, like the good Cloti I am.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

Yep. Aerith's a bitch. "I'll let him stew and get even more mired in the darkness for an entire year for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON!"

Well, obviously, Cloud can sense her heart that is neither dark nor light and is repulsed by its neutrality.

I'm too busy jerking off to Tifa's boobs, like the good Cloti I am.

You're fapping, but are you Schlicking as well, futanari? Are you giving all your parts a workout?

Vendel

Banned
AH! New essays. Let us take a look shall we?

land of Pink said:
Case of Lifestream - White

Cloud is the woman's friend, lover (sweetheart/boyfriend). Note: "the woman" in this sentence clearly refers to Aerith.
Huh
LoP said:
It should be noted that Cloud's name wasn't even used in the Reunion Files when koibito was used in reference to Tifa. This is very significant,
Oh my.

And another head scratcher.
loP said:
If CloudxTifa supporters believe that Tifa can fall in love with Cloud before she knows him, then they're just contradicting themselves when they say that Aerith can't fall in love with Cloud before she knows him. For that matter, neither did Tifa.
If Tifa didn't know him then how did she know that he wasn't himself the entire first disk? Why did it take Aerith a couple of weeks to figure out he wasn't her dead boyfriend? Or did she use her materia Jesus powers?

lop said:
The more he realizes how happy he is living with Tifa and the children, the more the fear of losing that and regrets toward the past trouble Cloud. ~Cloud's Character Profile, 10th Anniversary Ultimania

Answer: There's actually little indication in the novella Case of Tifa that Cloud was happy living with Tifa and the children.
So Cloud was not happy because you say so?

lop said:
Tifa's been with Cloud for a large part of her life at this point, but she still doesn't understand some of the complexities of his heart, and this makes her uneasy. Nonetheless, she keeps these feelings to herself for the sake of the children. ~Nojima; The Reunion Files, pg. 19

Any claims that Tifa understands Cloud well should mean that she understand the complexities of his character, and Nojima plainly states that Tifa doesn't understand Cloud to that extent.
I think they missed SOMEthing. Then again that isn't as much of a feat as making Zack disappear from the end of ACC.

Oh holy shit.....
LoP said:
More specifically, the place where Cloud awakens is in the pool of healing water at the back of the Church. Since that pool of water heals Geostigma, it's obvious that the water in that pool consists of the rain from Aerith's Great Gospel and therefore contains pure Lifestream. Since Aerith's spirit is part of the Lifestream, then the place where Cloud awakens is essentially in the Lifestream with Aerith.

Last edited:

Isabella

Your Mom
It should be noted that Cloud's name wasn't even used in the Reunion Files when koibito was used in reference to Tifa. This is very significant
Why? She always says this, but I'm still waiting for an explanation.
I could easily describe my sister as a wife, a mother and a sister. It doesn't negate any of those roles if I don't name names. So why is it very significant? Some mysterious Japanese grammatical rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom