So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Who the fuck said that?!

They completely don't know what they're talking about!!

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
So ... apparently, because Case of Lifestream B&W features the thoughts and perspectives of both "the woman" and "the man," it is now written in third person omniscient.

Discuss. :monster:

My friend Ben has been a writer for years and he saw the entire story. I didn't just send one paragraph from each story. I linked him to the whole thing.

He knows what he's talking about. Cloud is not a symbol of everything to be protected to Nomura and Nojima... I mean really now...

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
So ... apparently, because Case of Lifestream B&W features the thoughts and perspectives of both "the woman" and "the man," it is now written in third person omniscient.

Omniscient as in "I am so omniscient, if there were to be two omniscientses, I would be both"-omniscient? :monster:

Really now, people should quit over-analyzing. Save that for software code, and then only if it fits in the budget / time.

Neutron Ronnie

From The Front of Armament
AKA
Powerslave

Oh noes... they've finally figured it out and got it right... They've got the Clotis by the balls!

Isabella

Your Mom
My friend Ben has been a writer for years and he saw the entire story. I didn't just send one paragraph from each story. I linked him to the whole thing.

He knows what he's talking about. Cloud is not a symbol of everything to be protected to Nomura and Nojima... I mean really now...

FWIW, I've been an editor for years. Not that I'm appealing to authority or anything, since I don't really care what people think of my opinion. But it does amuse/pain me to see people bending/manipulating/taking out of context for something so silly as a ship.

Really now, people should quit over-analyzing. Save that for software code, and then only if it fits in the budget / time.
Now where's the fun in that? :awesome: Some of us are too dumb for software code, and really, we need to waste our free time somehow.

Vendel

Banned
Given the Compilation's tendency to itself ignore canon and continuity, I don't really care if someone chooses to ignore incompatible elements in their personal appreciation of FFVII (God knows I do), but when it comes to actually discussing canon -- which the LTD can really only be discussed in terms of -- then it's ridiculous.

You can't discuss canon while ignoring chunks of the canon.

When it comes to this particular discussion why would anything have to be left out? Nothing in the compilation has been a retcon/contradiction as far as the love triangle goes.

Unless of course you believe that Cloud chose Aerith in FFVII. Or that she really wasn't serious about Zack. Then yeah I guess EVERYTHING that has come out since might seem like a retcon or contradiction.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
When it comes to this particular discussion why would anything have to be left out? Nothing in the compilation has been a retcon/contradiction as far as the love triangle goes.

Unless of course you believe that Cloud chose Aerith in FFVII. Or that she really wasn't serious about Zack. Then yeah I guess EVERYTHING that has come out since might seem like a retcon or contradiction.

Well, I wasn't referring to the LTD when I said that. I just meant in general. As far as the LTD goes, like I said, it can really only be discussed in terms of canon.

Hell, all significant elements of the LTD are in those Compilation titles that don't contradict the original game to hell and back anyway. XD

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Wow I'm mad now... that other Clerith that I was debating with. She thinks her opinion is greater than Nomura and Nojima's

EDIT:
Gonna remove the link actually...
but she said:
First of all, Cloud and Tifa were not childhood friends. She only led him to believe that because of his Clouded memories. Second of all Tifa and her friends did tease Cloud. Go play the game again since I cannot remember the exact quotes. *rollseyes* You seem to conveniently forget all the Cloud/Aeris scenes and accurately remember the few Cloud/Tifa parts.

What? You're disputing the scene of Cait Sith telling Aeris and Cloud that they are a compatible couple? That's just denial on your part. And when Aeris dies, Cloud also says quote "What about my pain?" Now I know you're going to say, "but they were friends"...so why doesn't Cid, Tifa or Vincent feel as sad? Cloud's memories of Aeris in AC are reminiscent of Vincent's in DC for Lucretia. Analogy: If Vincent still loves Lucretia although she's no longer "alive", why can't still love Aeris? There are lots of parallels between Cloud/Aeris and Vincent/Lucretia. Deny all you want but come up with actual reasonable arguments.
and a bunch of other stupid shit.

How pathetic. I really wish rude, moronic dumbasses like her would NOT use clerith.com as their source. That really bugs me when someone like that uses a friend of mine.

Last edited:

Vossler

Voss da boss bitch
AKA
Nightmare,race driver,steel tormenter
Wow I'm mad now... that other Clerith that I was debating with. She thinks her opinion is greater than Nomura and Nojima's

How pathetic. I really wish rude, moronic dumbasses like her would NOT use clerith.com as their source. That really bugs me when someone like that uses a friend of mine.
Wow now that is a debate:hohum: Someone get that girl a Dr. Pepper!

Last edited:

Vossler

Voss da boss bitch
AKA
Nightmare,race driver,steel tormenter
HAHA I agree, I bet everything could be settled if we could sit down with a nice cold Dr Pepper XD
Yeah no shit hahaha. I mean I understand the dilemma but that's...Well I am just going to get a Dr. Pepper and shoosh myself before I get stomped on by the dedicated fanbase.....:scared:

Drake said:
I'd prefer to lay down with a nice Root Beer....
:dispear:

Last edited:

Vendel

Banned
Wow now that is a debate:hohum: Someone get that girl a Dr. Pepper!

To bad all she has is a Pepsi.

Quexinos said:

Well to be fair someone using clerith.com as a source is a good litmus test.

Last edited:

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey

In other words, all is normal in the LTD/any other big debate between fans.

I gave that thread you linked to a quick look. So, the secret ending that's supposed to cement Clerith as the one true pairing of FFVII is one showing Aerith standing by herself in a field while Cloud drives past her without having seen or sensed her at all?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
In other words, all is normal in the LTD/any other big debate between fans.

I gave that thread you linked to a quick look. So, the secret ending that's supposed to cement Clerith as the one true pairing of FFVII is one showing Aerith standing by herself in a field while Cloud drives past her without having seen or sensed her at all?

Yep, totally romantic :monster:

Isabella

Your Mom
That link is a blast. Ah, fandom wars. You never disappoint.

And Quex, you might inform your pal that Third Person Omniscient doesn't mean hopping from one head to the next. True TPO means we have access to all characters' thoughts at all times. It's a "god-like" perspective. Even if we treat CoL as one narrative (which it's obviously not, it's two separate narratives interwoven), it is at best an example of limited omniscience, meaning that the character who's POV we're privy to changes.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
And Quex, you might inform your pal that Third Person Omniscient doesn't mean hopping from one head to the next.
Yeah I think I just totally pwned her... she hasn't responded. That's going to be a tough one to reply to without contradicting yourself.

Last edited:

Fighter

Pro Adventurer

Did they not remove even that in ACC?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I don't understand what the problem is really. If you have a book and each chapter is from a different character's PoV, then .. how does that make it third person omniscient? This really is not that hard...

But I love using their own words against them. I really do, that's my favorite thing, they never know what to say or they come back with "I didn't say that, what I said was" and then it's completely different.

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
Did they not remove even that in ACC?

Yes, they did. I guess the secret ending was so secret that they had to remove it from the director's cut of the original movie. SE probably initially thought that sticking it at the end of the movie would keep their secret ending safe from prying eyes but they never reckoned that fans would be fanatic enough to stick around until the end of the closing credits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom