So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isabella

Your Mom
And on top of that, I'd like to see the source that says the official script that came with the LE boxed set is not canon. After all, the script says Cloud merely drove by and never saw her there. Amazingly, that's what was seen in the scene as well.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
The only Compilation entry I think you could legitimately not consider canon are Last Order and Maiden, because they aren't made directly by SE and contradict info directly given by the games.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
...as far as I know, LO wasn't officially voted off the island. It is referred to in the Ultis. And I though the contradictions were explained away by "Turk POV, ha!"

Also, the only thing really different is that Sephiroth jumps.

what did i miss?

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
...as far as I know, LO wasn't officially voted off the island. It is referred to in the Ultis. And I though the contradictions were explained away by "Turk POV, ha!"

what did i miss?

I apologize if CC corroborates some of the follow, but here's the differences between LO and FF7

-Tifa finds her father's body outside the reactor, in FF7 she finds him inside the reactor.
-Tifa is knocked out cold by Seph in FF7, in LO she momentarily regains consciousness and talks to Cloud and Zack
-Seph jumps into the reactor in LO, in FF7 he's thrown in by Cloud
-Zack and Cloud are shown to be absent from the town and return after Seph burns the town, in FF7 they're already there when he starts the burning

That's all I recall off the top of my head. It's been a while since I've seen LO. I'll rewatch it and come back if there's more.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves

what did i miss?

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff97/Alexa024/bb246.jpg
Under Compilation of FFVII, there's an asterisk next to Last Order, leading to a footnote saying, "a work outside of the Compilation".

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
She already plead her case by saying if CLoud truly loved Tifa he wouldn't have gone to the church and the Cait Sith prediction bullshit.

And if Cloud loved Aerith, he wouldn't have waited two years and only gone for forgiveness.
If Cait Sith was AT ALL RELIABLE, Aerith wouldn't be dead now.

Wow I'm mad now... that other Clerith that I was debating with. She thinks her opinion is greater than Nomura and Nojima's

EDIT:
Gonna remove the link actually...
but she said:

and a bunch of other stupid shit.

How pathetic. I really wish rude, moronic dumbasses like her would NOT use clerith.com as their source. That really bugs me when someone like that uses a friend of mine.

On her claims- they were childhood friends. 'Not the close' perhaps, but friends.

Cloud was not bullied by them. He admits he was the one picking fights. Demand she support this claim.

Cait Sith is AN UNRELIABLE FORTUNE TELLER and even if he was, CLOUD IS HEADSCREWED.
Cid, Tifa, etc. ARE all sad, or does she not remember their reactions post battle and words thereafter, or Tifa's breaking down crying in CoT?
And the feelings Cloud had were guilt and what he wanted was forgiveness. Just forgiveness.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Cloud was not bullied by them. He admits he was the one picking fights. Demand she support this claim.
she conveniently forgot the quote that proved this.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Frankly I'd rather just not deal with her. I agreed to her in game quote thing only for her to post out of game quotes.. yeah that's fair. Why am I restricted?

The funny thing is, I even still won even though I was restricted :monster:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Frankly I'd rather just not deal with her. I agreed to her in game quote thing only for her to post out of game quotes.. yeah that's fair. Why am I restricted?

You aren't. Call foul on her blatant double standards and dishonesty. Don't hesitate to call a spade a spade.

The funny thing is, I even still won even though I was restricted :monster:

Because she had literally no argument. It boiled down to 'IT JUST IS!'

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Hello, LTD thread. Is Clerith canon yet? :monster:

The only Compilation entry I think you could legitimately not consider canon are Last Order and Maiden, because they aren't made directly by SE and contradict info directly given by the games.

That reminds me... I saw a commenter on Youtube once (I forgot which video, but it was a Clack FMV with a rock song in it; will link when found again :desu:) S/he said that Crisis Core isn't canon in the middle of a Zerith/Cloti vs Clerith debate. IDK, it was pretty funny. :awesome: It started out as a battle between who Aerith loves, then who Cloud loves, then why Zerith is better than Clerith, then why Cloti is more canon than Clerith, and then suddenly someone is saying that Crisis Core isn't canon and Maiden is because Maiden is ttly Clerith.

...yeah, I don't get it either. :monster: It's just... lol.

You seem to conveniently forget all the Cloud/Aeris scenes and accurately remember the few Cloud/Tifa parts.

:monstersmash:

Vendel

Banned

Well if you ignore the compilation completely. And only play most of the first disk of FFVII. And squint real hard. Yeah I Could totally see a Clerith pairing.

That reminds me... I saw a commenter on Youtube once (I forgot which video, but it was a Clack FMV with a rock song in it; will link when found again :desu:) S/he said that Crisis Core isn't canon in the middle of a Zerith/Cloti vs Clerith debate. IDK, it was pretty funny. :awesome: It started out as a battle between who Aerith loves, then who Cloud loves, then why Zerith is better than Clerith, then why Cloti is more canon than Clerith, and then suddenly someone is saying that Crisis Core isn't canon and Maiden is because Maiden is ttly Clerith.

...yeah, I don't get it either. :monster: It's just... lol.

Clerith is a hell of a drug.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time

It always was, you people are just in denial.

logic.png

Clerith is a hell of a drug.

Didn't we already establish Aerith = heroine?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA

Okay Quex, calm down... it's nothing to get banned over, it's nothing to be upset about... it's okay... it's you can do this... you CAN do this...

just... keep it together...

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I know, I'm just reposting the pic for those too lazy to scroll up... your post didn't make sense by itself :monster:

Sorry... tired... sometimes when im tired i say weird stuff

... Hey Drake does your mother know your brother?

Vendel

Banned
Going back to an earlier discussion.

So someone explain to me how CoLW koibito means something different than dictionary definition koibito? Or RF koibito.

It seems to me the simplest solution to the wording is....
A. Aerith is simply mistaken/still projecting on Cloud
or
B. She was "speaking" symbolically

Now we all know Cloud and Aerith were not lovers/an item/BF&GF. Because absolutely nothing in the narrative supports that. In fact it gives us official quotes that make it impossible.

So suddenly the simplest solution is to change the meaning of the word so as to avoid the two above possibilities?

I'm sorry but I am perfectly willing to say Aerith is an unreliable narrator when it comes to her own feelings. Or the thing is not meant to be taken literally.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Remember how we talked about how stupid it would be for Nomura and Nojima to put Tifa in KH2 just for her to fumble around and do nothing? Well, Nojima put that in the story for a reason and I really doubt it was to make us think, "Wow this girl is really messed up. How on earth could she think Cloud was her lover?" I mean... really?

However Tres has recently said it just means that she desires Cloud and nothing more. It does not mean a relationship.

Vendel

Banned
Well, Nojima put that in the story for a reason and I really doubt it was to make us think, "Wow this girl is really messed up. How on earth could she think Cloud was her lover?" I mean... really?

I don't know? Why was she still waiting for Zack even though he died? And lied about the nature of their relationship? Why did it take her a couple of weeks of contestant contact with Cloud to realize he wasn't Zack 2.0?

I am sick and tired of this "Aerith can't be wrong" BS. Aerith is meant to be a character. Not a fucking Mary Sue materia Jesus.

However Tres has recently said it just means that she desires Cloud and nothing more. It does not mean a relationship.

No, he did not explain how the meaning has suddenly changed. And I want it explained in a reasonable manor. We harp on Cleriths for pulling this sort of shit.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Lol well then ask Tres I guess :monster:
But I swear to god if I have to update my koibito page or change it back to how it was I'm gonna fucking hurt somebody. I just changed it all around to say koibito does NOT mean a relationship...

And I'm not saying she's NEVER wrong, I just t... yeah I stopped mid sentence and went to write the above one and I don't know what I was going to say here sorry.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
... Hey Drake does your mother know your brother?

Random. I'm an only child.

Remember how we talked about how stupid it would be for Nomura and Nojima to put Tifa in KH2 just for her to fumble around and do nothing?

See also - most of the FF7 cast in Dirge of Cerberus, Zeromus in The After Years, Zack in the original cut of AC, and more or less, most of the FF NPCs in history.

Fighter

Pro Adventurer
Going back to an earlier discussion.

So someone explain to me how CoLW koibito means something different than dictionary definition koibito? Or RF koibito.

In a Japanese dictionary koibito is defined as either someone who is loved or someone's lover.

It seems to me the simplest solution to the wording is....
A. Aerith is simply mistaken/still projecting on Cloud
or
B. She was "speaking" symbolically

C. Aerith says Cloud is her loved one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom