So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Yeah, its not like we need to see the scenario for what it is and take its depiction at face value. They're just lightly grazing. No way are they holding.

Dude, they're holding hands, ffs. Why is that so hard to believe? Don't take the piss like that, please.

Why does it bother you so much if I disagree on one little thing?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Why does it bother you so much if I disagree on one little thing?

Because its so ridiculous and obtuse. Their hands are overlapping, Tifa is clearly slowing down to match up Cloud's rising to the surface, and their hands aren't touching? That makes logical sense and is in step with the scene? Really?

It's just common sense and looking at the scene as is. If it were any other two people no one would have any damn question as to what they were doing and it wouldn't even be an issue, at all. Especially with their previous realization of their feelings for each other.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
It's not that it's one little thing, it's that it's saying 'They didn't do X' affirmatively when the lo res models can't show their hands either way, and the only logical explanation would be their holding hands.
Yes, it's not an important point, but it's such a strange battle to fight.

Plus what Mako said- ANY OTHER SCENARIO, no one would even question, but because FF7 must be held to SPESHUL standards, shit like this happens.
Hell, people understood Cecil and Rosa hugged when their sprites overlapped. How the hell is this different?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
If it were any other two people no one would have any damn question as to what they were doing and it wouldn't even be an issue, at all.
That's the thing, it's not an issue. And I can guarantee you that if that happened with Cloud and Aerith, there would be people saying they weren't holding hands. Maybe not you, maybe not Ryu, maybe not me, but someone would be saying it. And I find it funny that at least two people agreed with me and they've backed down now XD

Plus what Mako said- ANY OTHER SCENARIO, no one would even question, but because FF7 must be held to SPESHUL standards, shit like this happens.
You DO realize I did NOT get this argument from a pinker and I've always thought this, right?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
That's the thing, it's not an issue. And I can guarantee you that if that happened with Cloud and Aerith, there would be people saying they weren't holding hands. Maybe not you, maybe not Ryu, maybe not me, but someone would be saying it. And I find it funny that at least two people agreed with me and they've backed down now XD

Because then they saw the scene and saw how silly it was to say they weren't holding hands. :awesome:

Vendel

Banned
People do pick strange things to get worked up over. (I'm looking at you Raq)

I don't think I ever gave that couple second scene thought one. But they are holding hands as they float upwards. It makes sens in context and with the limited animation.

And honestly Que. This is an even sillier argument than "I would never have sex outside so Cloud and Tifa couldn't have".

And how the hell did we get on this? Can't we make fun of the pinkers for inventing scenes for this game and still insisting on that fact over a decade after the game came out?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Unless you grab onto something while rising up, you can't just mentally stop yourself from being buoyant. Unless Tifa suddenly opened her mouth, and filled her lungs and insides with lifestream water and pretty much turned herself into a fish.

Isabella

Your Mom
Unless you grab onto something while rising up, you can't just mentally stop yourself from being buoyant. Unless Tifa suddenly opened her mouth, and filled her lungs and insides with lifestream water and pretty much turned herself into a fish.

I liked my breast deflation theory better.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
And how the hell did we get on this? Can't we make fun of the pinkers for inventing scenes for this game and still insisting on that fact over a decade after the game came out?
You can try but I debunked that the other day with save files even... so if anyone says it now, I've got saves to prove them wrong and they'll look silly.

and yeah I have to go with Bella's breast theory as to how she slowed down...

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
You can try but I debunked that the other day with save files even... so if anyone says it now, I've got saves to prove them wrong and they'll look silly.

and yeah I have to go with Bella's breast theory as to how she slowed down...

...Wha?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Okay seriously, I never gave the scene a second thought either, but I also never thought they were holding hands. It was just "look at that, they're rising out of the lifestream"

Actually until recently I, for some reason, was thinking that Aerith helped them out of the lifestream. ... I see that was wrong. Honestly I just didn't care if they were holding hands... but now that you've brought these points up, I might reconsider my argument :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well glad we finally reached an understanding here.

But was anyone else eerily reminded of the whole "Cloud and Tifa weren't snuggling under the Highwind" argument, during this whole stint?

This whole debate serves as a warning. If you keep over analyzing and associating with people who ridiculously cut away the context of scenes in FFVII, and parse the storyline from their bizarre viewpoint, the madness will seep onto you too. Its contagious.

You dance with the devil, the devil don't change. The devil changes you.

Vendel

Banned
Well glad we finally reached an understanding here.

But was anyone else eerily reminded of the whole "Cloud and Tifa weren't snuggling under the Highwind" argument, during this whole stint?

This whole debate serves as a warning. If you keep over analyzing and associating with people who ridiculously cut away the context of scenes in FFVII, and parse the storyline from their bizarre viewpoint, the madness will seep onto you too. Its contagious.

You dance with the devil, the devil don't change. The devil changes you.

We have all become SE's madmen.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
That's really not ... well fair (idk the right word). I said that I did NOT get the argument from the... devil as you put it... I always thought that.

And it's not like it matters. You KNOW what's going to happen even if Nomura and Nojima said "They held hands"...

hmm... I'm guessing... something like... "Cloud was just helping Tifa out because she can't swim well" or vice verse :monster:

Last edited:

Vendel

Banned
And it's not like it matters. You KNOW what's going to happen even if Nomura and Nojima said "They held hands"...

hmm... I'm guessing... something like... "Cloud was just helping Tifa out because she can't swim well" or vice verse :monster:

Yeah and when he gives her the ole buster sword he is just checking her temperature.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

You DO realize I did NOT get this argument from a pinker and I've always thought this, right?

Doesn't matter. People hold FF7 to a stupid standard of evidence on both sides of the ship fence.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Maybe a few people on both sides but, really, there aren't too many people on this side that I see do that. In fact usually it's just me :awesome:... and some other guy calling Aerith a whore.

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'm at work, so I'm posting on my cell phone. If I were on my computer, though, there'd be a screenshot here of Squall and Irvine holding hands from the parade in Deling City on Disc 1 of FFVIII -- along with an appropriately witty caption like "Holding hands in a situation where you could get separated makes your pairing canon. Squvine: Fact."

Yeah, either way, this matter is irrelevant as far as the LTD is concerned. Why is it always stuff like this, the way ribbon(s) are tied, and lens flares that run for pages? In any case, initially I would have said they weren't holding hands, but the polygon overlap and leveling out of rising pace seems to indicate that they are.

That said, I don't think it's silly at all to suggest that they could will themselves to rise at a certain speed. They, after all, didn't begin rising until they willed to leave the Lifestream.

I vote for more attention being given to more important things -- like proof that there's no third version of the Highwind scene even while utilizing the very parameters that were supposed to make it happen. I really didn't think there was one given that the Ultimania Omega provides detailed scripts of all four Gold Saucer dates and both versions of the Highwind scene, going as far as stating "If the affection is high, Tifa says 'Were you watching?' and collapses." Not to mention the even more telling fact that no one has ever posted a video of such a thing.

So good job to Que for putting that matter to rest definitively.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
So good job to Que for putting that matter to rest definitively.
:joy: Shut up! ^_^ You can't make me feel good by complimenting me you jerk :D

Also really, it's not like I did anything REALLY special, but I do have the absolute proof to back it up if anyone questions it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom