So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
yeah well I really really hate when fansubbers don't translate words and the stupid fans are made to believe that certain words don't have English translations or they're magical but you don't see me whining about i-

.. oh wait never mind.

Also I'd like to repeat my question since it kinda got looked over... maybe cause it's dumb I dunno. How sure are you guys that Tifa is the answer to the love Triangle? If Nomura said he was going to reveal the answer, are there any doubts that it wouldn't be Tifa?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Ditto that. And official English translations of the Ultimanias.

But then I'd feel sad about all the hard work our translators went to. :(

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Ditto that. And official English translations of the Ultimanias.

But then I'd feel sad about all the hard work our translators went to. :(

They won't, Square-Enix thinks North Americans can't handle or don't like RPGs. That's why all the kick-ass re-releases are Japanese exclusive, along with all the novelizations and Ultimania guides. They hate the English fans.

I'm not kidding, I really think SE doesn't respect its English players. You want me to prove it? When the FF series didn't really "catch on" as they'd hoped in the West, they made a Final Fantasy game they hoped we'd like more....

mysticquest.jpg

THIS is what Square-Enix thinks of us! I want you to think about that....Square-Enix made Mystic Quest to appeal to the North American gamers. Seriously think about it, and remember always what Final Fantasy Mystic Quest is - it's the game that Square-Enix (or Square, at that time) made because they thought we'd like it more than the other Final Fantasy games thus far, including FF4. Does this tell you ANYTHING about their opinions about us? And if they don't think lowly of us, they can prove me wrong and release all that forementioned Japanese-exclusive content over here.

If they don't hate the English fans, why do they deprive us of so much content? Answer me that. You know if they released the novelizations and Ultimania guides they'd make money, you *know* fans would buy them, so why? Why don't they translate them and release them in English?

Last edited:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time

.... Mystic Quest. x_x

The foul black coffee stain on the otherwise beautiful tapestry of the series. There is no infernal Hell-pit deep enough to hide its legacy of utter and total crap. Nothing that Square-Enix ever does will be enough to cleanse the stink of Mystic Quest from their record. My hatred of this game knows no bounds....

Last edited:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Oh my Drake, you've given this some thought. :/

It's kept me awake at night. It's not only that the game was sooooooo horrible, but it was *meant* to be this boring, lame and uninspired! Just.......WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?!? There is not a single redeeming thing about this game, nothing! Well, alright, there's two - Doom Castle's theme, and Pazuzu. Not one other single entire aspect of the game is even passable.

It's made all the worse by the time it came out - in an era that gave rise to many awesome RPGS - Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy IV, VI, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Evermore - Mystic Quest was the low. It's honestly the worst video game I've ever played, especially when you consider as I just showed, the other RPGs released around its time, on the same platform from the same company. Just....why? Square-Enix, why, why, why why why.....*goes off crying*

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
He's right, though. It utterly boggles the mind that Mystic Quest was published by the same company that published all the other games Drake listed.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Not really.

They released some goddamn stinkers JP side too.
And a few crutch games too. FF2-u was easy and kiddified, but FFIV Easytype was worse.
Though it's not quite fair to compare Mystic quest to all other SNES Square titles which post date it. It's apples to oranges.
Though the unfavorable comparison to FFIV which predates it is valid.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Poor Drake. *hugs*

Well, if it makes you feel better I've never played it. Around that time period my brother and I didn't have a SNES so I couldn't play it, or any of the other games you listed, but still. lol

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Not really.

They released some goddamn stinkers JP side too.

Fair point. Square's Tom Sawyer comes to mind. I still have a hard time believing that game was actually published. And by the same developer responsible for masterpieces like FFVI and Chrono Trigger, to boot.

Mystic Quest is one of my favourite games so you can all just stfu. :catfight:
I still own my SNES copy of that game.
Seriously though... I enjoyed playing that more than Tactics. :awesome:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Oh no you didn't :awesome:

Some stuff from the Ultimanias does get translated and used for English books. I think Crisis Core's English guidebook used bits from the Ultimania (from the little quotes I've seen), so maybe one day they'll just publish the whole thing :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
And maybe one day Paris Hilton will actually do something constructive with her life.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Mystic Quest is one of my favourite games so you can all just stfu. :catfight:
I still own my SNES copy of that game.

Everytime someone says Mystic Quest, I think of the European Mystic Quest for GameBoy... =I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom