So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
lol Oh Mako, you make me laugh sometimes...

Also I can't remember how we got onto the topic of a FFVIII kiss. Someone said there wasn't one, and I just wanted to correct that point. Don't tell me that they aren't kissing, that's just ridiculous.

Unless you're just trying to be funny, in which case continue. :monster:

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
It was never about them kissing. Get off the kissing subject of FFVIII please.

Yeah they kissed. No, it wasn't shown. The end :monster:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
lol Oh Mako, you make me laugh sometimes...

Also I can't remember how we got onto the topic of a FFVIII kiss. Someone said there wasn't one, and I just wanted to correct that point. Don't tell me that they aren't kissing, that's just ridiculous.

Unless you're just trying to be funny, in which case continue. :monster:

My point, as it has always been, is that just because something is not shown, merely implied, it can still be obvious. In the FF8 case, there is no explicit shot of the kiss, but the kiss is still there. It is merely suggested with a sledgehammer that a kiss occurs, same with Squall's parentage. Both are obvious, and implied quite overtly, merely never stated explicitly. Hence the point that Implied and Obvious are not mutually exclusive.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
in B4 "We never saw Barret and Tifa kissing so how do you know they didn't?" or something like that.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
in B4 "We never saw Barret and Tifa kissing so how do you know they didn't?" or something like that.

Because there is not even the remotest implication that anything of the sort has ever happened, that Barret or Tifa views the other in any way romantically, etc. etc. etc.

To pre-empt the non starter of an argument you inb4'd.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Because there is not even the remotest implication that anything of the sort has ever happened
To be fair when has that stopped the rabids? :monster:

Though I guess it was kind of dumb to write inB4 since no rabid Cleriths ever come here. Also on the previous page I can totally see a kiss happening there

Last edited:

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
We never saw Aeris and Red roll around in the sack either ;)

also...

They pull into an embrace, their heads come together,
This does not seem familiar at all.
Yet what are we told?

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I'd just like to mention that ignoring the creator's words would be like saying "NO JK HARRY AND HERMIONE BELONG TOGETHER YOU JUST DON'T SEE IT" or "I don't care what Kubo says! Masaki and Isshin were clearly not happy and she was seconds away from running off with Ryuken!"

For one, no one's going to take you seriously if you say that you are more aware of a creator's characters than they are. For two, you're trying to ruin perfectly happy canon couples for the sake of your pair. And that's just dumb.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I'd just like to mention that ignoring the creator's words would be like saying "NO JK HARRY AND HERMIONE BELONG TOGETHER YOU JUST DON'T SEE IT" or "I don't care what Kubo says! Masaki and Isshin were clearly not happy and she was seconds away from running off with Ryuken!"

If there is one thing I would like Cleriths to stop doing it's this. You do NOT know more about Cloud than the creators, period. Canon is canon is canon.

I mean... insisting that you know what a character was feeling at a certain time... geeze, who do you think you are? Me? >_> (don't ask :monster:)

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
Ryushikaze said:
Because there is not even the remotest implication that anything of the sort has ever happened, that Barret or Tifa views the other in any way romantically, etc. etc. etc.
Ugh, I never understood why people paired them. For one Tifa is way outta Barret's league and any relations they had where in a friendship way and not even a nice one a lot of the times like Tifa calling Barret a "retard" or him calling her a "wimp". But, it was funny. :lol:

Ninira said:
For one, no one's going to take you seriously if you say that you are more aware of a creator's characters than they are.
I can't agree on this. O:< Does Nomura have a wallscroll, action figure, pin, and plushie of Cloud in his room. We share secrets you'll never know...<_<

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Okay haha, this made me lol:
TIFA_FOR_WHAT_YOU_WANT__.jpg

And yes words are spelled wrong for some reason but... as I said I loled :awesomonster:

paoo

&#9829;
Just an excuse. The same with ZackxTifa. Thought, I actually love ZackxTifa. :monster: They are the leftovers. But it seems like they are more desperate in getting Tifa with someone else instead of Cloud. (BarretxTifa, YuffiexTifa, MexTifa :awesome:) They CAN'T be together. Maybe they hate Cloti because it became the canon one in the end, and Clerith was ruined? Duh. :wacky: That's why they still are hung up on that CLERITH MUST BE CANON. They can't admit they were wrong, and after all they have said and done. It just keeps going.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
And, do people really suggest Barrett and Tifa are a canon couple? That he is the sweetheart? Seriously?
No their argument involving Barret and Tifa is that they too were living together and raising a child but they weren't lovers. Therefore Tifa and Cloud might not be lovers either.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Except Barret and Tifa weren't living alone together with Marlene. The previous AVALANCHE members were living with them too. Or did they forget about them? :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
No and it's interesting how both sides will try to use that info to their advantage. Clotis say... what you just said, Cleriths say "She wasn't having a romantic relationship with Barret or anyone else in Avalanche." :monster:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
There's a world of difference between living with a group of people and living with someone specific. Especially when the "family" label is slapped on it.

Cleriths love to forget a vital bit of information: Cloud chose Tifa. She didn't ask him to stay with her. He didn't go wandering in flower fields or trying to atone for his sins. Up until the stigma and Denzel, Cloud was the one perfectly happy to return to their "suspended reality". Tifa didn't cling, chase, cajole or bribe him.

paoo

&#9829;
CLOUD WANTED TO LIVE WITH HER FOR TASTY FOOD AND A SOFT BED!

DEAL WITH IT. :monster:

And one thing, explain to me what Cloud means if it isn't something about love.

Cloud was silent for a long time before he spoke again.
&#8220;Because I have you this time.&#8221;

&#8220;You&#8217;ve always had me.&#8221;
&#8220;What I mean is kind of different,&#8221; Cloud answered with another smile.

Last edited:
You know, what Clerith always say. "I don't see it as romantic, he's probably talking about just living together."

Whereas normal people looking at it from a non-shipping perspective will see that Cloud is saying he wants their relationship to move forward to something more than it was, WITH HER. (HINT!) No sorry, it's not a hint. It's hit-you-over-the-head kind of "they are together".

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
No and it's interesting how both sides will try to use that info to their advantage. Clotis say... what you just said, Cleriths say "She wasn't having a romantic relationship with Barret or anyone else in Avalanche." :monster:

There is a reason I bring up Denzel so much, because he is a major distinction. When AVALANCHE was holed up together, Marlene was Barret's daughter. Not Barret and, just Barret. In constrast, Denzel is linked to both Cloud and Tifa, who get compared with his biological parents on several occasions.

By the same token, AVALANCHE was sequestered together out of necessity, given their war against ShinRa. But Cloud post FF7 had no such necessity. He wanted Tifa to be by his side, wanted her to be with him. And it's more than just them living together. That's another major problem with the Clerith argumentative style I have- context means nothing to them. They keep taking the disputed bits and looking at them without considering what they mean in relation to everything else. They keep thinking of all arguments as silver bullets, able to prove or disprove the pairing on their own, and they take pride when the prove that a foe's argument isn't silver (and ignore when one of theirs is a blank), when in reality, their foes are firing up the Minigun of facts, to get a spread of arguments creating a bombardment of the evidence.

It's not JUST that they live together. It's that they live together, raise two children, one of whom is unquestionably 'theirs' together, the man asked the woman- in a roundabout way- to move in with him, the woman is an important woman to the man and the mother of their family, the woman sees the man as like a young father and their kids as his kids, they have spoken of their mutual feelings to each other, etc. etc. etc. etc.

When you take it all together, the conclusion becomes rather inescapable, provided you're being remotely logical.

And Balth, that's a sledgehammer clue.

Vorona

affirmative.
AKA
Aerina, Elle
It's not about which couple is better, or more wonderful, or specially magical-- it's about which couple IS. Period.

This.

That's a major problem in debating. People see CloudxAerith as being this beautiful, tragic, fantastic couple which is so much more interesting than "boring, realistic" CloudxTifa, so therefore Clerith must be canon. What they don't seem to realise is that canon doesn't work this way.

Canon = what is/has been established, which CloudxTifa has. Fanon is for everything else and there is nothing wrong with that.

Srsly, just because you like a pairing that isn't canon doesn't make you any less of a fan or anything, which is what some people seem to think. I like Clerith although Zerith is totz better :monster:, I just don't think it's canon.

Also I think that some people have been arguing for that long/have invested so much time in their pairing that they don't want to admit defeat. CloudxTifa could have an entire game dedicated to them and their relationship and some people would still argue that is was actually a game all about Clerith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom